Dan Smith for State Representative
Jennifer a past neighbor

Hillside, IL

#225 Nov 3, 2012
Tina and group therapy (Dan)- we are the ones speaking out for Angie. Tina you can lie all you want but you know what your father did to us and countless others. You came over after your father lied to you about why the police were at your house. Some day this will all catch up with you.

What sickens my heart is how you all say Angie was crazy. It haunts me to this day what Dan did in that home with what we know he did out of the home.

Dan your one head case.
One of his victims

Charleston, SC

#226 Nov 3, 2012
If this is in fact Tina, then I will say directly to you that you are lying! You know what YOU (not Angie) told me that day that you came over to my house to apologize for your friends pulling into our driveway (or whatever excuse it was that your sick father told you about why the police came) If you remember correctly, it wasn't just us there when you spilled what your dad did to your fiends (walking in on them while taking showers and changing and calling them on their unlisted phone numbers)

I don't know what had you telling us the truth and then lying about it all these years later.

Your dad is a sick man and if you and your mom are covering for him you are just as much to blame if he has kept it up all these years.

~Debbie
Tina wrote:
I find all of this to be deplorable. I am Dan Smith's daughter, and I want everyone to know that all of these allegations are unequivocally false. I grew up in an ideal home with wonderful, supportive parents, who taught me to work hard and to be honest, and to make a difference in my community. I came back home to teach in my community for the past 12 years.
My sister's death was a tragedy, and an extremely difficult time in my & my parent's life. I know for a fact that it had nothing to do with my dad, and rather was the result of a decision by my sister about her boyfriend at the time as well as her clinical depression. Honestly, it is not more than the angst that a lot of teenagers go through, but coupled with her depression it ended tragically. I sincerely wish she could still be a part of mine and my children's lives; however, that was not meant to be.
Dredging up this pain by opening up a 20 year old wound to pour salt in it is just wrong. I ask that the people sincerely consider the issues and vote their true convictions. All of these allegations are lies, and in my humble opinion are what is wrong with politics today.
This is my first, last, and only post, as this all deeply saddens and sickens my heart.
One of his victims

Charleston, SC

#227 Nov 3, 2012
I apologize - that last response may have sounded harsh.

I was reacting to the adult Tina - who is in fact lying about her father and what she knows to be true about him.

To the middle school Tina who came over to my house that day along with her sister and told me all of the things that her father did to her friends, and confirmed that it was in fact her dad who was calling me - my heart goes out to you.

To the Tina who had just graduated and lost her sister, my heart broke for you - I would have told you at her funeral but I wouldn't allow myself to go because I thought too much of you and your sister to cause a scene at her funeral, because I would have said things to him and that wasn't the place for it, it was to honor Angie's life.

To the adult Tina, I don't know why you deny all of this because you know there are many others.

I am sad for you and your children that they never got to know Angie, she was such a good, sweet person.

When I think of you and your sister I think of the day that we had the snowball fight in my yard -we were all so young and happy - before all of this ugliness began.

I hope that you get the help you need to deal with all of this as the truth that you all have tried to hide comes out.

I never have blamed you, I always considered you as much a victim in all of this as I was. You dad - I blame.
Group Therapy

Arnold, MO

#228 Nov 3, 2012
His own daughter says you are off base. So it wouldn't matter who comes on here disputing your lies, you wouldn't believe them anyway. I think they call it a stand off. You haven't proved a thing.
remember when

United States

#229 Nov 3, 2012
Well they certainly are proving enough for me.
Two different people here saying they called the police. First hand knowledge.
They were there. You were not.

Is tina the daughter that wrote the report that caused social services to show up ?
concerned parent

United States

#230 Nov 3, 2012
Yes she is the one. You say they are lies he admitted calls coming from his house maybe you need to think about that he lied to you months ago saying no calls but now he admits them. Think about that why did he lie the first times there's proof phone company and Jefferson county sheriffs have them I know people are trying to get copys of them then yes they can take it to the media
reality

United States

#231 Nov 3, 2012
I have read Tina's post several times. You misquote her, exaggerate, and say she said Angie was crazy. She never said that. Your perception is not reality. Angie suffered from depression. This was a diagnosis given by a mental health professional. Tina did not give her that diagnosis.
Jennifer a past neighbor wrote:
Tina and group therapy (Dan)- we are the ones speaking out for Angie. Tina you can lie all you want but you know what your father did to us and countless others. You came over after your father lied to you about why the police were at your house. Some day this will all catch up with you.
What sickens my heart is how you all say Angie was crazy. It haunts me to this day what Dan did in that home with what we know he did out of the home.
Dan your one head case.
A former victim

Charleston, SC

#232 Nov 3, 2012
Yes, Tina was the one who wrote the paper that caused a teacher at fox to call family services.

All I really remember about that is that happened when they first moved in across the street. Dan asked my dad if he would put in a good word for him if they asked us any questions about their family. My sister actually might have more information because I believe she helped them straighten up their house before family services came.

I did ask Tina about the paper that day when we talked about the phone calls coming from her house - she told me then that it wasn't about her dad, it was about something else. That is all I know.
Chris Zumwalt

Heath, OH

#233 Nov 3, 2012
Honestly I'm not sure I should bother with the detractors- but for the record, I do not work for Roorda, never met the man, generally vote conservatively but I honestly feeling apathetic to the entire political process... and I am who I say I am. And I have not directly accused Dan Smith of anything, I have said only that I believe the people I have talked to. I find it impossible to accept that Dan is just a hapless victim of circumstance and he has collected a group of accusers with similar stories and backgrounds over the course of at least a decade. Anyone else in the same situation would deserve at least a higher level of scrutiny, which I intend to provide. It seems to me that people are willing to absolve Dan without objectivity as they stand by the sidelines. If a new neighbor moved next to you, and had similar accusations made against him in the past, would you be comfortable as your children play outside? Ask yourself that. For me, the consequences of turning a blind eye are too much to swallow. That's why I am attempting to do what I am. The people who refuse to believe in even the slightest possibility that there is something more than 'teenage fantasy' to this are of the same mentality that allowed the molestations to run rampant through the Catholic Church- I mean, they're men of God too, right? They couldn't have committed those atrocities, right? And yet we know now. Some of you honestly remind me of a relative of mine, when inappropriately touched by a relative, was told she was 'asking for it'- by her own grandmother. This mentality, this blind eye you are so willing to turn, this is what allows monsters to walk among you. The irony is that the majority of the Smith supporters have been asking for 'proof'- and when I ask for people to come forward so that I can get to the truth, I am a Roorda shill. And to Tina - I'm sorry, I really am.
Curious

United States

#234 Nov 3, 2012
Very nicely said Chris. I don't know what is true/not true. But there too many coincidences to not listen.
The Truth

Kansas City, MO

#235 Nov 4, 2012
So as I understand it, this whole ordeal centers around two sisters who lived near Dan, and a series of phone calls and other strange events that could have been committed by anyone. That the one who would likely know the full truth passed away over 20 years ago and that the then teenaged girls, who did not have all the facts to begin with, have spent the last 25+ years concocting an alternate reality that involves all kinds of weird and disturbing behaviors?

Could the alternative that four teenaged girls and their friends were involved in a series of events that to this date were never fully explained? Teenagers and drama are not uncommon.

Seems Dan makes a perfect scapegoat and that there is no evidence that he was ever involved. Seems to me that this also seems like an issue where neighbors probably should have sat down to some coffee together all those decades ago instead of allowing the issue to fester for all that time. It's never too late for coffee, certainly would help clear things up.
Curious

United States

#236 Nov 4, 2012
Well that would be a nice little way to package all this up. However, it seems to me that the two sisters are only two of the victims, have heard about an incident in Bayshore (which may or may not have ended up with Dan getting his butt kicked), the incident in Wickes that involved the sisters (one of which seemed to be his main target), the lady in 95 that charged him with stalking, an incident at General American (that may have resulted in him losing his job), and another potential victim that may have gotten a restraining order.

Yes, I was curious and started asking around and it is interesting what I have come up with. Seems that the whole Dan Smith thing is the best unkept secret in Arnold. Also have heard that the rumors about escorting school board members through the school aren't really rumors.

So, maybe if it was just the two sisters then I might be more willing to believe that Dan was just a victim - but there are a lot more.

And honestly, as a parent of daughters, if my neighbor was doing this to my girls I can guarantee you that a cup of coffee wouldn't cut it.
The Truth

Fenton, MO

#237 Nov 4, 2012
Well, Curious, I know Dan personally and I have never seen any behavior similar to what you've described. The fact you use terms like "may or may not have" leads me to believe that you're building a case off of hearsay and rhetoric that has no basis in reality. Again, I circle back to Casenet. If Dan did do things that would have had convictions of a criminal nature or that there was a "butt kicking" involved, there would be documentation of it on CaseNet, either civilly or criminally.

I know the back story behind his daughters as well, and again, there is nothing there to substantiate your claims. The "incidents" that have been described here have little or nothing to do with Dan. In fact, the bringing up of the death of his daughter and the drama that surrounded it has created significant pain to their family and is really uncalled for. No parent should have to bury their own child, and to make hideous allegations based on hearsay and rumors is just flat out mean.

There is no mass conspiracy and there is no cover up. It is not a "best kept secret".

I'd urge you to reconsider the cup of coffee and to end the tirade of hearsay and conjecture.
concerned parent

Imperial, MO

#238 Nov 4, 2012
The people who refuse to believe in even the slightest possibility that there is something more than 'teenage fantasy' to this are of the same mentality that allowed the molestations to run rampant through the Catholic Church- I mean, they're men of God too, right? They couldn't have committed those atrocities, right? And yet we know now. copied from Chris do you think Dan would do anything in front of you (The Truth) the Priest in the church don't do it front of witness just like Dan the church person. I do know the fox school has a policy when board members show up they need a escort with them it was sent out after Dan was elected to the board. Dan as stated before is a smooth talker his time will come. Dan would love nothing more than to have coffee with his victims and family then he can start stalking her again since she moved more states away, will never happen the sad thing is they were friends till he started all this
The Truth

Fenton, MO

#239 Nov 4, 2012
concerned parent wrote:
The people who refuse to believe in even the slightest possibility that there is something more than 'teenage fantasy' to this are of the same mentality that allowed the molestations to run rampant through the Catholic Church- I mean, they're men of God too, right?
This is really getting ridiculous. And in the history of our country there was also a time when a group of kids got together and started to accuse their fellow citizens of witchcraft. Something we know today to be utterly ridiculous. As a result, a number of people were stoned to death, crushed, and burned at the stake.

There's a reason we have a Justice system, and it's to avoid the same mob mentality that's playing out here. Obviously, the rhetoric and hearsay is so pointed that no amount of reason or discussion would be able to sway the opinion of some on this forum. All I can say is that I've never had a reason to be concerned. My children, who I've left unattended with Dan have never shown any concerns. My dealings with Dan and his wife have left me with the sense that they are a conservative and religious family that hold strong family morals.

If there is a secret world underneath, it hasn't shown.
Group Therapy

Arnold, MO

#240 Nov 4, 2012
Anyone who is employed in the school system or elected to office and may have contact with students has a backgroumd check done.
There is no rule for board members, purpose, picture ID and obtain visitor's pass. Same procedure for anyone else.
Friends of victims, victims, whoever you are, you are not accomplishing anything here. You have proven absolutely nothing except that you have no proof, just wild accusations. Can't wait for this election to be done and you to crawl back in your hole.
A former victim

Charleston, SC

#241 Nov 4, 2012
I am still laughing from the idea that a cup of coffee will fix this.

I can just picture my parents walking across the street and asking Dan and his wife "I know that you have been calling my teenage daughter and watching her dress, but why don't we have a cup of coffee so that we can be friends and you might not want to bother her anymore". That was the most ridiulous thing I have ever heard.

And group therapy - we have accomplished exactly what we set out to do - we told the truth. Sorry, whether he wins or loses, it is my personal mission to make sure he doesn't do it to anyone else.
Group Therapy

Arnold, MO

#242 Nov 4, 2012
There is no proof that he did anything to anybody. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. All you are doing now is telling a story from somewhere in South Carolina. Trying to run a smear campaign. Why don't you find someone there to hound? Right now you're just harrassing someone. There are definitely laws against that.
The Truth

Fenton, MO

#243 Nov 5, 2012
A former victim wrote:
we have accomplished exactly what we set out to do - we told the truth.
No, you sent out a bunch of concocted lies that are based on hearsay and circumstantial evidence, some of which are complete figments (such as the rule on school board members) that has no basis in reality.

i.e. a smear campaign.
remember when

United States

#244 Nov 5, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you sent out a bunch of concocted lies that are based on hearsay and circumstantial evidence, some of which are complete figments (such as the rule on school board members) that has no basis in reality.
i.e. a smear campaign.
Nooooo, the only thing you are doing is concocting lame excuses and falsehoods to cover up for a possible rapist/molester ! That "have coffee" remark is as ridamdiculous as you are. That wouldn't even make the list of things I would do if someone was trying to harm my daughters!
You do nothing more than insult my intelligence !
This is not ONE isolated incident. Not a chance you are going to convince me that children, teenagers, women all from different areas are making a poor little victim out of Dan. He is a sicko !
I find it very odd you are going to such lengths to defend this....well , unless you condone such actions. Maybe that's it ? Your a molester yourself. Birds of a feather ? Hmmmm
You are exactly the reason so many molesters are free to harm other children.
Just because you have known him a little while certainly doesn't mean squat! Positive he wouldn't ask you what time you gonna be home tonight. I'd like to molest your
daughters. That's why they are called dirty little secrets.
When's the last time a bank robber told you they were robbing a bank ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
YES Man Seminar at Peabody 3 hr Andre 5
Affordable Lawn Care Chris H 4 hr Guest 51
Yes Man Convention at Scottrade 22 hr Terrance 1
Looking (Aug '15) Wed Loser 4
Lemay Black Women And Welfare Oct 17 Stan is a idiot 6
Topix Moderators Sad Policy Oct 17 Mod 4
TROOP Identity to be Revealed (Mar '14) Oct 1 TROOP 60

Arnold Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arnold Mortgages