Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying it is a better thing that Mr. Smith gets to make his "education decisions" in Jefferson City at a higher level for our district?
I will not be voting for him to hold any office. His decision to NOT RUN again is the best decision he's made since he began his tenure with the board.
Your

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
If every student received a free college scholarship to an Ivy league school, C-6 posted the best MAP / EOC scores in the history of academia, and every graduate raved about what a great experience c6 was...posters will still get on topix and complain.
APU, I totally thought you typed this in sarcasm font. Was I wrong? It seems everyone else took you literally.

And yes, C-6 does rob Peter to pay Paul in order to look good in the stats department. Any teacher would agree.
Bus Driver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Ssdd wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not be voting for him to hold any office. His decision to NOT RUN again is the best decision he's made since he began his tenure with the board.
I totally disagree. Mr Smith has done a lot to help us in the transportation end. Thanks to him we have people in charge who have actually driven our buses. I personally will continue to support Mr Smith for as long as he wants to hold his office on the board.
Barb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bus Driver wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally disagree. Mr Smith has done a lot to help us in the transportation end. Thanks to him we have people in charge who have actually driven our buses. I personally will continue to support Mr Smith for as long as he wants to hold his office on the board.
I agree, Mr. Smith would take time to come to our meetings and listen to our problems (I believe he would do the same for any group). He did help us a great deal and was always sympathetic to our issues. If he runs, I will support him and urge all bus drivers to do the same.
Number Nine

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I love bus #9.
Number Twenty Four

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

I love bus #24
PaulIsDead

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
I've got blisters on me fingers!
Number18

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Bus #18 is the best bus.
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

How do all you bus lovers feel about the uneducated noncertified McDonald's queen getting the food service job for being the BOE presidents daughter in law?
Walk to School

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Oh, you mean you actually want to talk about nepotism? Yes, it needs to be stopped. Voters and parents need to form an advocacy group to make sure that the Board and Administration do the right things and hold them all accountable.
Walt Kowalski

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Walk to School wrote:
Oh, you mean you actually want to talk about nepotism? Yes, it needs to be stopped. Voters and parents need to form an advocacy group to make sure that the Board and Administration do the right things and hold them all accountable.
If you do that you will all get "Cease and Desist" letters! Be careful for the "Critch That Stole Character" is out there! Be vewy, vewy caleful!
Bus Driver

Copperopolis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

remember when wrote:
How do all you bus lovers feel about the uneducated noncertified McDonald's queen getting the food service job for being the BOE presidents daughter in law?
I hear from my friends inside she is doing a good job and is working hard to make things better. I also hear she is a good communicator and listens well to others in the department so, maybe not such a bad choice when all is said and done.

I spoke to Mr. Smith and he said he was working on a new nepotism policy that is fair to everyone. I think he is the right person in the right place now.
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

She was not just a "bad choice" she was the worst possible choice there could have been. She got the job for one reason only and that is the name NASH. It does not matter how much we like a person, or how much they've done for us, or how right they are in any other situation. The hiring of Kelly Nash over qualified, dedicated, employees was wrong. There is no gray area in that decision. So Mr. Smith was wrong in his decision to hire her, and if you think it was not his decision then you are mistaken. Look at their code of ethics concerning hiring and you will see they did not do what they swore they would do! NEPOTISM is wrong! So no matter what the end result is it wil NEVER justfy the means. If Mr. Smith leaves willingly then we should rejoice, but either way he will be gone next year.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Sam once again speaks the truth. Each board member that thought she was the best choice needs to go. Does it even make an ounce of sense that she was our BEST ENTHUSIASTIC choice when there are thousands of people out of work with degrees in nutrition. I guess now that the two least educated kitchen managers are large and in charge we can. What? Accept it. NO. she will have this job until the new board members can get Chritchlow out and hopefully the fry girl and her band of stooges.
Ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
She was not just a "bad choice" she was the worst possible choice there could have been. She got the job for one reason only and that is the name NASH. It does not matter how much we like a person, or how much they've done for us, or how right they are in any other situation. The hiring of Kelly Nash over qualified, dedicated, employees was wrong. There is no gray area in that decision. So Mr. Smith was wrong in his decision to hire her, and if you think it was not his decision then you are mistaken. Look at their code of ethics concerning hiring and you will see they did not do what they swore they would do! NEPOTISM is wrong! So no matter what the end result is it wil NEVER justfy the means. If Mr. Smith leaves willingly then we should rejoice, but either way he will be gone next year.
We will again remind you there is NO POLICY in place to restrict hiring of relatives in the Fox district NOR is there ANY LAW OR STATE POLICY restricting this.

I disagree with you on the premise that it doesn't matter how well they do in the job. If they do well then, it was a good call (you are not the one to judge if someone is more "qualified" ONLY those in the interview can judge it...if you disagree tell us tell us please....who that interviewed was more qualified and tell us exactly how you know this for a fact?). If the person hired does a bad job then it is the BOE's job to hold those who made the choice accountable.
Voice of Reason

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Ron,
You can disagree all you want. You are incorrect. Fact is, it does matter someone unqualified was hired and now is being trained and attending college to get educated in the field she was hired for over people who were actually already, not only educated, but certified and capable of doing the job. It was not a good call. One need not be in the interview to know that the others possessed the qualifications and she did not! It was hiring Kelly Nash because she was the daughter in law of the board president. This isn't a private company where the boss's son gets paid to run the company even though someone else has to actually do the work, wink, wink. This is taxpayer money being spent to subsidize the board president's family coffers. That is wrong. Kelly Nash should not have been hired. Two former board members are well aware of that now. Certainly the rest of you are not so arrogant as to think if you continue to stand by the bad decision(Kelly Nash hire), your position will be spared, do you?
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
We will again remind you there is NO POLICY in place to restrict hiring of relatives in the Fox district NOR is there ANY LAW OR STATE POLICY restricting this.
I disagree with you on the premise that it doesn't matter how well they do in the job. If they do well then, it was a good call (you are not the one to judge if someone is more "qualified" ONLY those in the interview can judge it...if you disagree tell us tell us please....who that interviewed was more qualified and tell us exactly how you know this for a fact?). If the person hired does a bad job then it is the BOE's job to hold those who made the choice accountable.
You got a mouse in your pocket Mr. Clark? Who in the hell is we? That is not the code that they broke, even though it was clearly NEPOTISM and anyone that argues likewise is supporting wrongdoing. They "swore" to hire the best trained and technical personel it was possible to procure. You were a board member for goodness sakes, you are supposed to KNOW these things. Did you not read the board code of ethics? They clearly did not hire the best.

Now let ME remind you, if a thing is obdained by wrongdoing it does not matter how well a person then treats that thing! Let's say I steal something that someone has mistreated for years and years....oh I don't know ....like someone's dog. Then if I treat it better than anyone has ever treated it then the stealing of it is okay. Your Christianity is supposed to steer you in these cases Mr. Clark, not used as a tool to protect those who have done wrong because they are your friends! This hire was wrong, face up to it if you are going to include yourself with the WE!
Thinking Cap On

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a nepotism policy in place. It is state law.
Article VII, Section 6 of the Missouri Constitution states the following:
"Any public officer or employee in this state who by virtue of his office or employment names or appoints to public office or employment any relative within the fourth degree, by consanguinity or affinity, shall thereby forfeit his office or employment."

2. No seven-director, urban, or metropolitan school district board of education shall hire a spouse of any member of such board for a vacant or newly created position unless the position has been advertised pursuant to board policy and the superintendent of schools submits a written recommendation for the employment of the spouse to the board of education. The names of all applicants as well as the name of the applicant hired for the position are to be included in the board minutes.

The game playing, i.e. the mother in law left the room, he wasn't my husband at the time,etc. is just flagrantly thumbing noses at the spirit of the law and going around it. You pat my back, I'll pat yours, we'll make sure your(fill in the blank, wife, son, daughter, cousin, grandma, BFF) gets hired and you can pretend you had no idea about it.
Were all of the applicants for teh position included in the board minutes for all to see?
Your

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Kelly Nash's application should never have made it past the first step. She very clearly did not meet any of the stringent qualifications set forth in the job post. What a laugh that she even applied. It is because her MIL was board president that the app did not get filed in the trash can. I want to be a trainer at Sea World, but the minute they skim my app and see that my only qualification is owning hold fish, and I love to swim, they will have a giggle and toss it.
Not Fooled

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
What I get out of this is some would rather hide behind the excuse of a technicality rather than do the right and honorable thing. You must be listening to a lawyer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,781 - 1,800 of2,793
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Arnold Discussions

Search the Arnold Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lara cox 3 hr anon 1
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr InAllSiriusness 94,975
Crime in Country Club Manor, Imperial (Jul '12) 8 hr justaguy 5
One night stand 12 hr Just wondering 4
Ridgecrest Scandal Tue Seriously 47
How many churches does Arnold need? Tue DSH 13
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Mon CLUE 6,893
•••

Flood Warning for Jefferson County was issued at July 09 at 10:19PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Arnold Jobs