|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Blues fan 2 wrote:
Check out the assistants superintendents....
Baker married Angie burns and then hired her daughter this year to teach in elem.
Scott hired brother in law a few years ago
Crutchley married to Pelster
Rizzi hired his sister in law
My point. You attack the board maybe attacking wrong group
The board's responsibility is to make sure the administration does the right thing. That is the check and balance for taxpayers, and this board is clearly knowingly, or unkowingly, being run by the administration. So the buck truly stops with the board. On top of that, the only thing taxpayers get to choose is the board. That is why voting is so important. We can sit and whine all day long about what was, or should be, etc., etc., but the only real thing I can do is vote them out! I will beat the loudest drum, for the longest time that this administration is chalk full of bullies,and self serving nepotists, but the only real power we have is in the voting booth!
Top Gunn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Nothing to gain wrote:
I have read your posts and would like to offer an opinion. It appears you have an issue with women in charge. You have two bright, articulate women in charge and many of you have an issue with that. You want to cry nepotism, let's review Fox history. Superintendent rickman hired his nephew, dr. Hudson to be an assistant superintendent. And then promoted him to superintendent when he retired, Would you like a long list of the admin and board members that hired and promoted their own.?
The Simpsons, the Chellews, the Gruenwalds, the Oconnors, etc etc etc
Why attack this current admin and board. It has always been this way. With that being said, all people named abover are men. Seems to me you are discriminating.
Why attack this Board? Really? Your only defense is this has been done for years. This group has hired an unqualified head of Food Service, making over 20,000 more than the Technology Integration Head that teaches our kids! And now you wanna focus on She's a woman! Try again
Samuel Ferry

New Cumberland, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Whats wrong with mopping floors? Was funny though Dad.
Time Out

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Today I have a dream of a Fox District, without Critchlow and company! Hopefully soon it will all be reality!
Robert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Ssdd wrote:
Robert. How did you get the board members to talk to you? They seem to be unapproachable.
I have talked to some in the stores. I went to the baord meeting and talked to a couple before the meeting and one briefly after the meeting(I find if you stay until they finish their closed meeting they will talk with you and answer questions after it is finished. Mr. Smith has given me his card with his cell number and I call him frequently and he is always pleasant and straight forward with his answers. David Palmer I have met out occasionally and he is always ready to talk and answer my questions.
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Blues fan 2 wrote:
Check out the assistants superintendents....
Baker married Angie burns and then hired her daughter this year to teach in elem.
Scott hired brother in law a few years ago
Crutchley married to Pelster
Rizzi hired his sister in law
My point. You attack the board maybe attacking wrong group
Sam, add to this list your bully boss that was hired by his wife when she was an assistant super.
Tess Anne Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Dad, you've got better things to do than griping on that computer!

You promised me you'd
change the oil in my car.
Moonglow

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Addit wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam, add to this list your bully boss that was hired by his wife when she was an assistant super.
The board has to OK everything.
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Tess Anne Ferry wrote:
Dad, you've got better things to do than griping on that computer!
You promised me you'd
change the oil in my car.
Awww are you just sad that mommy used up her one big favor on your wife and now you don't get a turn ?
Sorry dear educated and qualified means more than marshmallow fluff keeping your ears seperated.

Put yourself to good use and tell me how your wife is going to get qualified in two years .
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

remember when wrote:
<quoted text>
Put yourself to good use and tell me how your wife is going to get qualified in two years .
Funny story. Someone who works close enough to Todd Scott's office to hear shouting on the phone told me when Todd found out he'd screwed up and not dumbed down the job requirements enough so the Burger Queen met them, i.e., he left in the part that required the FS Director to be SNA credentialed, he called and reamed out the retiring FS director for not telling him credentialing takes two years of college.

If ours is a school of distinction it's a good bet they don't factor in the IQ of the HR director when deciding.
Barb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny story. Someone who works close enough to Todd Scott's office to hear shouting on the phone told me when Todd found out he'd screwed up and not dumbed down the job requirements enough so the Burger Queen met them, i.e., he left in the part that required the FS Director to be SNA credentialed, he called and reamed out the retiring FS director for not telling him credentialing takes two years of college.
If ours is a school of distinction it's a good bet they don't factor in the IQ of the HR director when deciding.
I think your first 2 words say it all...."FUNNY STORY". I believe this IS a funny story. One which I believe you have made up because it took a long time for you to come up with this. If true, the Superintendant is responsible for hiring her assistants.
Yup

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Time Out wrote:
Today I have a dream of a Fox District, without Critchlow and company! Hopefully soon it will all be reality!
Wouldn't that be nice! Although I'm beginning to wonder if that's even possible anymore.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your first 2 words say it all...."FUNNY STORY". I believe this IS a funny story. One which I believe you have made up because it took a long time for you to come up with this. If true, the Superintendant is responsible for hiring her assistants.
Actually Barb, it is a true story. Can your think of any other more genuine reaction the head of HR might have when he's just found out he accidentally left in a qualification like that?
Concerned parent

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Anyone ever notice that the only time you see Superintendant Critchlow at a school function, is when her picture will be in the local newspaper ?? How sad.
Barb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Barb, it is a true story. Can your think of any other more genuine reaction the head of HR might have when he's just found out he accidentally left in a qualification like that?
"Actually" Red 5 (or whoever you are), without names of the person who witnessed this, so we can follow-up and check it out, I will say it is a "genuine reaction" that you made up. Give us names and MAYBE we can follow up on your "story" and verify you are not just full of whatever it takes to make up stuff on here to get others to go along with this.
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Concerned parent wrote:
Anyone ever notice that the only time you see Superintendant Critchlow at a school function, is when her picture will be in the local newspaper ?? How sad.
This is absolutely NOT TRUE. I have seen Dr. Critchlow at many many games on the field, on the court, etc. I have seen here at children's concerts, field events, etc.

You may be a "concerned parent" but you are not an informed one. Get out more and you will see Dr. Critchlow is at many events and spends countless hours at our schools.

What is "sad" is having someone uninformed come on here and lie.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
"Actually" Red 5 (or whoever you are), without names of the person who witnessed this, so we can follow-up and check it out, I will say it is a "genuine reaction" that you made up. Give us names and MAYBE we can follow up on your "story" and verify you are not just full of whatever it takes to make up stuff on here to get others to go along with this.
Who's "we" Barb (or whoever you are)? If you're in a position to check it out, do it! Ask Todd how just one thing of substance ended up on the list of job requirements when there were so many others - experience in school food service comes to mind - were left off.
Timmy B

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Concerned parent wrote:
That is just not true
Outsider

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I see Dr. Critchlow at a ton of events - inside and outside of school. If I were her, I would sue all of you. Anyone ever tell you that jealousy gets you no where in life.
Old Concept

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

New Use. I need citizen volunteers to be the go between so that teachers can let their complaints and concerns be known without fear of retaliation from the superintendent or the board. Kind of like a confessional, with the person being sworn to secrecy on the identity. Teachers need to be able to tell the citizens what is going on in school. We need more citizen participation in the schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Arnold Forum right now

Search the Arnold Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,535
County Executive 20 hr I Care 16
Who will it be for District 113? 20 hr I Care 2
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 23 hr vote to vote 10,207
Arnold Historical Society 23 hr Doris Borgelt 25
Describing Lack of Character Fri Doris Borgelt 13
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion Thu Addit 152
•••
•••
•••
•••

Arnold Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••