Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

fo sho wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, who would want a career educator with several advanced degrees to be on the school board?
The same guy that doesn't want the current career educator with several advanced degrees as a superintendant. If there is one thing that history has shown us it's that the educated always do what is right, and fair, and honest, especially if they work for the government. Yeah right! Where were those two as they watched the BS that has taken place for the last 10 years? Guys that could have spoken up, should have spoken up, but did absolutely nothing. You can havethem!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

fo sho wrote:
<quoted text>
Vern Sullivan and Bob Gruenwald!!!!
Let me retract what I said about Mr. Gruenwald. It was unfair of me to lump him in with Sullivan. My last two years at Fox I completely disagreed with the administration and the Board but I was not willing to speak out about it, so I can not complain about others who may have been in the same boat. So I will save my judgement on his ability to make things better as a board member until I have spoken to him personally. That's fair. But as to Vernon Sullivan, he is not to be trusted, and if the NEA backs him I would be very surprised. Him I have dealt with personally and he is a yes man of the highest caliber, exactly the opposite of what is needed on the board!
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

I wish we had more choices.
Lizzie

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Mark ones is an excellent choice
in sam i trust

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Ssdd wrote:
I wish we had more choices.
Exactly the reason Sam needed to run. We had a chance to place three board members that are independent thinkers. I feel that we might not have three candidates that fit the bill. It's a real shame.
So What Can Be Done

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Some wrongs, no matter how distant in the past, are never dead! The hiring of Kelly Nash is one of those wrongs. The district could not have gotten a less qualified, more inept and unprepared supervisor in that position. The only thing that prevents the district from repeating that behavior is people reminding everyone how pathetic the hire actually was, and how selfish the reason was for that particular hire! She should be terminated! Anyone that had anything to do with putting her there should be replaced or voted out.
How is the degree coming along? Will an associates degree in nothing more than business be accomplished within the 2 year time frame?
How are lunches within the district? What is the participation %? Are these numbers available to the public? Curious to the percentage from this time last year to now. Will the board be reviewing her accomplishments or failures? There have been how many positions created to help her? 4 is what I have been told. Seriously? 2 supervisor/kitchen managers who now have assistants of their own? If true, then there are 5 new hires to do the job once done by 2! My tax $ are doing what for the students? Seems like all tax money is foe salaries.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

So What Can Be Done wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the degree coming along? Will an associates degree in nothing more than business be accomplished within the 2 year time frame?
How are lunches within the district? What is the participation %? Are these numbers available to the public? Curious to the percentage from this time last year to now. Will the board be reviewing her accomplishments or failures? There have been how many positions created to help her? 4 is what I have been told. Seriously? 2 supervisor/kitchen managers who now have assistants of their own? If true, then there are 5 new hires to do the job once done by 2! My tax $ are doing what for the students? Seems like all tax money is foe salaries.
Sadly nothing will change with this election. It could of been wonderful. Unfortunately, Laughlin will go with the crowd. Sullivan is an old crownie. Grunewalds crownie, dawn Mullins is related to Ron counts, Chris Hastings and mark jones. We are screwed.
sueheck

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

Gruenwald not a cronie; I believe he is sick of the goings-on.
everyone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

You all type on this message site complaining about board members and superintendents but do any of you have the qualifications to do what they are doing? And if u do. Why dont you run for office or work ur way up instead of slamming and bad mouthing someone else. I bet most of you have no idea what its like working in a school district or how it is run. And if all these " good ole boys" u keep complaining about keep getting elected then obviously the majority of the population like and believe in them They couldnt be elected if people didnt vote for them. So get over it. The right people are winning the elections and the right people are running the schools!
Doris Borgelt

Laguna Niguel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Don't confuse ignorance with approval.
in sam i trust

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Ssdd wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly nothing will change with this election. It could of been wonderful. Unfortunately, Laughlin will go with the crowd. Sullivan is an old crownie. Grunewalds crownie, dawn Mullins is related to Ron counts, Chris Hastings and mark jones. We are screwed.
We are screwed because people like Sam are all talk. He left vulnerable employees (that aren't allowed to be on the board) without viable candidates. Shame on him.
Mohammed Dudenhoefer

Festus, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

For all Allah be praised!
According to the Holy Qur'an, Chapter 4,245,11, verse 114,541, Sara 19.524:
"And so the cleaner of filth was exiled due to his ignorance. Yet he believed himself wise, wiser than the prophet, and Allah gave him leave to curse his betters, who had shown him mercy. The cleaner was cursed for all his days, but seemed learned to the wretched, and so they all fell to Allah's wrath".
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Mohammed Dudenhoefer wrote:
"And so the cleaner of filth was exiled due to his ignorance. Yet he believed himself wise, wiser than the prophet, and Allah gave him leave to curse his betters, who had shown him mercy. The cleaner was cursed for all his days, but seemed learned to the wretched, and so they all fell to Allah's wrath".
"He who wants to do great things in Godís service must beware, above all else, not to be too clever."

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Dude, based on what Ignatius says you're obviously destined to do great things in His service. Congratulations, you're a shoe-in for patron saint of stupid.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Mohammed Dudenhoefer wrote:
Hear that sound? That subtle, almost imperceptable tick of the clock? It's inevitable. Time is catching up to you. I am thankful to God to be able to watch it!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
"He who wants to do great things in Godís service must beware, above all else, not to be too clever."
St. Ignatius of Loyola
Dude, based on what Ignatius says you're obviously destined to do great things in His service. Congratulations, you're a shoe-in for patron saint of stupid.
Not many people outside of my family are talked about regularly around meals. You are! Hope to have a Schlafly with you sometime. I admire your fight!
Gerry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

What are some steps we as citizens can do to highlight all this nepotism? Does anyone have a plan? This family empire needs to be broken up!
in sam i trust

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Gerry wrote:
What are some steps we as citizens can do to highlight all this nepotism? Does anyone have a plan? This family empire needs to be broken up!
Too late. No good candidates this time. I would suggest you don't listen to Sam. He won't step up for the community.
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

You guys need to check your facts. NEA doesn't have lots of money supporting school board candidates! And thanks for trashing all of the teachers, nurses, and support personnel who belong to this association. Ignorance is so ugly.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Wow wrote:
You guys need to check your facts. NEA doesn't have lots of money supporting school board candidates! And thanks for trashing all of the teachers, nurses, and support personnel who belong to this association. Ignorance is so ugly.
That is a bit vague. You don't state who you are and what your connection to the NEA is. You accuse "you guys" without naming anybody. On top of that you claim that all certified staff as well as classified staff have been "trashed" here. I do not think that is even remotely close to accurate.

I have repeatedly claimed my ignorance concerning the details of the NEA workings. So please help me out here, what exactly has you so upset? Seems to me that if the NEA does good for their people then they should be praised, and if they do wrong they should be condemned. Here is a perfect opportunity for you to give me the pros and cons of the NEA. My concern with any group,(church, social, political, athletic,union,military, cult, gang, BOE......any group) is a loss of self. Individuality suffers in groups. So I automatically have a built in mistrust for any group when they move as one. But I have never been a member of the NEA and really know little to nothing about them. Help turn my "ugly" ignorance into a thing of beauty will you?
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bit vague. You don't state who you are and what your connection to the NEA is. You accuse "you guys" without naming anybody. On top of that you claim that all certified staff as well as classified staff have been "trashed" here. I do not think that is even remotely close to accurate.
I have repeatedly claimed my ignorance concerning the details of the NEA workings. So please help me out here, what exactly has you so upset? Seems to me that if the NEA does good for their people then they should be praised, and if they do wrong they should be condemned. Here is a perfect opportunity for you to give me the pros and cons of the NEA. My concern with any group,(church, social, political, athletic,union,military, cult, gang, BOE......any group) is a loss of self. Individuality suffers in groups. So I automatically have a built in mistrust for any group when they move as one. But I have never been a member of the NEA and really know little to nothing about them. Help turn my "ugly" ignorance into a thing of beauty will you?
As someone who stands to lose their livelihood from doing so, I choose not to identify myself. I didn't state that all district employees were members of NEA, I stated that all members get bashed when people make blanket statements about our group without the facts. However, don't wish to waste time arguing over verbiage vs. intent.
In an environment (school district/educational employees) where it is frowned upon to stand up for yourself (you'll be called negative, a non-team player, selfish,etc) the NEA tries to be an advocate for educational employees. Lots of posters on here think there is some huge agenda. There's not. Let's face it, there's not some huge stockpile of money we're trying to get ahold of...we negotiate for workplace conditions, fair hours, fair salary. All of the things that make a school a better place for all involved. In trying to get board members elected, we are simply trying to have a voice or at least a seat at the table when conversations about our daily work conditions occur (this has not always happened in the past). There is no big political plan or agenda. We are teachers, nurses, bus drivers, aides trying to get our voice heard. Don't bash us for standing up for ourselves and trying to get better working conditions. Happy workers are workers who at least feel they have input. It is not a money grab. Look at the top district salaries (not teachers or nurses or aides). Don't parents want happy teachers and staff for their kids at school?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Arnold Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Arnold People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Arnold News, Events & Info