in sam i trust

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Sam, we need you on the top of the ballot. You are the only man I trust!!!!!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

The board members that take their responsibilities seriously, those few in number, do not have a life. It is one of those thankless, tireless, self sacrificing jobs that anyone in his or her right mind would not even consider. Pays nothing, and is headache after headache. That’s especially true lately for Fox C-6, and I think we have two Board members that fall into the “few” category. For me, Mark Jones is another. I had prayed that he would run, but believed that he wouldn’t. I encourage everyone to find a way to talk with him, or meet him and I think you’ll come to the same conclusion.

Vernon Sullivan however is at the opposite end of the spectrum for me. He was part of the old tired wisdom that prevailed at Fox, was a board member, got a great gig at Fox, and was a yes man. Hopefully, there will be others to choose from. Non incumbents of course!
in sam i trust

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Sam Ferry for School Board!!!!
no name

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
The board members that take their responsibilities seriously, those few in number, do not have a life. It is one of those thankless, tireless, self sacrificing jobs that anyone in his or her right mind would not even consider. Pays nothing, and is headache after headache. That’s especially true lately for Fox C-6, and I think we have two Board members that fall into the “few” category. For me, Mark Jones is another. I had prayed that he would run, but believed that he wouldn’t. I encourage everyone to find a way to talk with him, or meet him and I think you’ll come to the same conclusion.

Vernon Sullivan however is at the opposite end of the spectrum for me. He was part of the old tired wisdom that prevailed at Fox, was a board member, got a great gig at Fox, and was a yes man. Hopefully, there will be others to choose from. Non incumbents of course!
Taught while he was at Fox. Not totally sure how I feel or agree. My real impressions came more from when he ran last time. Seems to be a bit irrational.
watcherofthemess

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:

My vote will not be for Vern.
in sam i trust

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Sam, there will be three seats open. Will you please run if there aren't enough good candidates? I'm afraid we are going to end up with Chellew and Sullivan on the BOE.
Addit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Chellew would be a great choice. I get the feeling he dislikes how things have turned out since he left.
truth seeker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Addit wrote:
Chellew would be a great choice. I get the feeling he dislikes how things have turned out e he eft.
he would be a good one to run. When Mr Chellew ran things. He was for the entire Fox C6 staff. And the students5
Eileen

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Is anyone who follows the School Board, able to report how the newly-elected members have performed?

Didn't they run on a platform of change; open meetings; and disclosure to the public?

I'd like to know how closely they stuck to what they promised voters.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Eileen wrote:
Is anyone who follows the School Board, able to report how the newly-elected members have performed?
Didn't they run on a platform of change; open meetings; and disclosure to the public?
I'd like to know how closely they stuck to what they promised voters.
Steve Holloway has, by all accounts, done exactly what he said he would do. He is unafraid to stand independently, unafraid to be the voice of dissent, and willing to open up to the community. At least that has been my personal experience before, after, and during the meetings.

Dan Kroupa is a tougher read. Where Holloway clearly puts in a whole hearted effort I hesitate to say the same about Kroupa. He made a weak argument for the community to have greater personal access to the board members before and during a meeting. He does not appear to put the same amount of work into the position. He is quick to tell you that he is "new to this", and although that is true so is Holloway. I still go back to the very first time he impressed me, where he told the existing board that he was running for the position because of the hire in food services. He clearly did exactly what he said he would do when it came to nepotism!

Now here is what I see as the biggest problem with the last board and the current board. There is no one on the board that "gets" why employees are not more involved in the process. All of the board, without exception, in my opinion, still has not made a way for employees to come directly to them. They still promote that everyone should handle things in the age old "chain of command" fashion. That only works if everyone up and down the chain has your best interest in mind. If there is anyone in that chain that has something to protect, or an agenda, or is just simply a lying cheat then the employee gets no help! Don't believe it? Try it.

The board members are there for one group of people alone, that is to make sure that those of us that pay for this school district get an open honsest view of everything that transpires. I see one board member who openly promotes that.....Steve Holloway. I believe Mark Jones is that caliber person also.
in sam i trust

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Sam, are you saying that you will not run, even if there aren't enough good candidates? You sure are a lot of talk! This board needs you! How can you turn your back on all if the people that matter? We need strong board members and if only the good old boys run, then change can't happen. We need you soooo badly!
in sam i trust

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

in sam i trust wrote:
Sam, are you saying that you will not run, even if there aren't enough good candidates? You sure are a lot of talk! This board needs you! How can you turn your back on all if the people that matter? We need strong board members and if only the good old boys run, then change can't happen. We need you soooo badly!
Sam, I know this person is a troll, but I'm curious as to why you completely rule out a run for BOE. You seem to have passion and principle. Those are two qualities that I value highly. If there are three quality candidates, then I understand the desire to stay out. But what if the election needs another man like you?
in sam i trust

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

BTW, I'm commandeering this name. If that troll would like to keep it, register it, or I'm going to be posting real support for Sam on it as well. I've got to say, stooping to their level doesn't feel so bad.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Richard Simpson should run. Or how about an upstanding community member. Do we have any?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Ssdd wrote:
Richard Simpson should run. Or how about an upstanding community member. Do we have any?
I agree that Rich Simpson would make a great board member. Talk about a tireless worker, and a man unafraid to stand his ground, he's the poster child!
truthiness

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that Rich Simpson would make a great board member. Talk about a tireless worker, and a man unafraid to stand his ground, he's the poster child!
I seriously hope you all are talking about Sr. Junior is not half the man his father is.
Mary T

Kaiser, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

in sam i trust wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam, I know this person is a troll, but I'm curious as to why you completely rule out a run for BOE. You seem to have passion and principle. Those are two qualities that I value highly. If there are three quality candidates, then I understand the desire to stay out. But what if the election needs another man like you?
Sam will not run because he is a coward who uses this forum to hide behind. If he had to get out and campaign and answer tough questions regarding policy, the people of this community would ALL find out what a quack he really is and his ego could not stand that.
There are 3 people filed. Laughlin (and NEA backed incumbent who cannot loose with their support). By the way, see what there board members do to the reserves in the future and how that will cost the tax payers dearly). Sullivan (a good man but one who worked closely with the superintendent and will rubber stamp everything she wants). and Jones (lots of uninformed "wild" ideas that cannot be done due to budget constraints. Linda Nash will probably throw her hat into the ring at the last minute also.
You all want to overthrow the current BOE; watch what that costs you in the future...mark my word.
Doris Borgelt

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Mary T.
I think we all know that Sam Ferry is no coward. Unlike you he isn't hiding. He uses his name on here, he attends all of the board meetings. Because one chooses not to run doesn't diminish his sincerity, nor does it mean he can't answer the "hard" questions it means he chooses to work for the betterment of the district in a way he feels is more effective.
Candidates can sign up to run until Tuesday. There is still time....
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Mary T wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 3 people filed. Laughlin (and NEA backed incumbent who cannot loose with their support). By the way, see what there board members do to the reserves in the future and how that will cost the tax payers dearly). Sullivan (a good man but one who worked closely with the superintendent and will rubber stamp everything she wants). and Jones (lots of uninformed "wild" ideas that cannot be done due to budget constraints. Linda Nash will probably throw her hat into the ring at the last minute also.
Mary, remind me - how did the supposedly unbeatable incumbents do in the last election? Oh wait, I remember. They took a horrific political beating, lost the election, and are probably still boycotting McDonald's. I pray to God that Linda Nash runs. Unless Troop throws his fool's cap into the ring there isn't another candidate who will do more to insure someone else wins.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Mary T wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam will not run because he is a coward who uses this forum to hide behind. If he had to get out and campaign and answer tough questions regarding policy, the people of this community would ALL find out what a quack he really is and his ego could not stand that.
You all want to overthrow the current BOE; watch what that costs you in the future...mark my word.
New no name, same BS. I will not be trying out for the St. Louis Cardinals this spring either. That of course does not mean I cannot be critical of steroid use in the game. The board did horrible, self serving acts that warrented being exposed no matter who you were. As a taxpayer, and family member of fellow employees it was an easy decision. The fact that I recognize my limitations is actually a good and honest evaluation of myself. I am not bright enough to even be on the board, and you can quote me on that Mary T.

Your evaluation of Mark Jones is typical. What are his "wild" ideas Mary T? If your judgement is he is "uninformed" then please don't be a hypocrite and INFORM us on what the heck you are talking about. All you can do is call names......he's wild,he's uninformed, Sam's an egotistical cowardly quack. But not a single name called to the GREAT AND POWERFUL BOARD? I have got news for you Mary T, the current board has already been overthrown, and your squeaky voice will not stop the next election either. The old board did a disservice to the district and the community. On top of that they thumbed their noses as thet did it. Talk about ego? I agree with the sentiment of please, please, please run again Mrs Nash!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,581 - 2,600 of2,793
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Arnold Discussions

Search the Arnold Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Muslim in the White House 95,344
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 8 hr Claire 265
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 9 hr phil lesh 127
Thank You!! 12 hr Mary 2
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 13 hr guest 6,904
25 people Arrested on Federal Meth Charges (Sep '13) 15 hr One percenter 34
Ridgecrest Scandal Sun Doris Borgelt 55
•••
•••
•••
•••

Arnold Jobs

•••