Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2599 Nov 20, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
I agree it's a victory but I'm concerned about the negative effects of the confluence of a lame duck superintendent and a see/hear/say no evil BOE. Combine Dianne's total disregard for what people think with a total lack of fear of any repercussions for her actions and I worry that a lot of personal scores will be settled. Can anyone see Linda Nash standing up for a teacher or staff member that Dianne doesn't like?
That may be a valid point, your decsription of her is most certainly accurate. But there are plenty of people watching and calling her out. At this point I do not see anyone being comfortable enough to even go to a board member about anything. True, if someone did most of the members cannot be trusted to help, but I honestly feel that if anyone went to Steve Holloway in confidence that he would honor that. Can't prove it but I beleive it.

Red, I can not and will not field any questions on this, BUT I am telling you not to be faint. I am doing exactly what I said I would do!
still steamed

Saint Louis, MO

#2600 Nov 21, 2013
was there ever a follow up to this or any investigation into why and how the daughter in law got this job?
USDA

Saint Louis, MO

#2601 Nov 21, 2013
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam, you don't know her at all either. Don't act like you do. Those who know her reasons wouldn't speak them on here. So I guess you're simply free to think whatever you want. How sad to inflate yourself and others to think you caused it. Oh well, you'll believe what you want and I have no desire or ambition to get you to believe otherwise. Just keep living your life. It's obvious you're happy doing what you do.
Do you, "no name", know her? Personally? Has the superintendent shared with you her reasons for announcing her retirement?

I don't know the Superintendent at all. I'm looking at the situation as "what would someone with a huge salary who is facing criticism from the public" do IF they thought information may come out that substantiates that criticism? What reason would that person give so that she could begin her exit, and rally those around her in sympathetic support?

Hmmmm. I'd guess her stated reason would need to be noble, something that couldn't be criticized. Maybe something that would also perhaps evoke some compassion from those around her. It would also be good if the stated reason was personal and private, so that it solidified loyalty from those around her. Let me guess-- the reason she says she is retiring has to do with spending time with her family. Yes? Maybe even to take care of a close family member? Better yet, a close family member who is aging or ill?

That would be a good reason because it would show that she is a person who has a better purpose than to spend her time responding to whackos who don't appreciate all she's done. Am I close?

Again, I don't know the Superintendent at all. I'm simply guessing what a person in a certain set of circumstances might do if they wanted to exit a situation with a certain goal in mind. I could be completely wrong.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2602 Nov 21, 2013
still steamed wrote:
was there ever a follow up to this or any investigation into why and how the daughter in law got this job?
Yeah, Todd did one. But I heard from one of his co-workers that 45 minutes later he couldn't remember what he'd found. He's given himself two years to complete a memory improvement course.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2603 Nov 21, 2013
USDA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you, "no name", know her? Personally? Has the superintendent shared with you her reasons for announcing her retirement?
I don't know the Superintendent at all. I'm looking at the situation as "what would someone with a huge salary who is facing criticism from the public" do IF they thought information may come out that substantiates that criticism? What reason would that person give so that she could begin her exit, and rally those around her in sympathetic support?
Hmmmm. I'd guess her stated reason would need to be noble, something that couldn't be criticized. Maybe something that would also perhaps evoke some compassion from those around her. It would also be good if the stated reason was personal and private, so that it solidified loyalty from those around her. Let me guess-- the reason she says she is retiring has to do with spending time with her family. Yes? Maybe even to take care of a close family member? Better yet, a close family member who is aging or ill?
That would be a good reason because it would show that she is a person who has a better purpose than to spend her time responding to whackos who don't appreciate all she's done. Am I close?
Again, I don't know the Superintendent at all. I'm simply guessing what a person in a certain set of circumstances might do if they wanted to exit a situation with a certain goal in mind. I could be completely wrong.
I'm suspicious of your name but not your logic!!! I have said to everyone I know since her retirement was announced that this was going to be a two year "lovefest" for her! I also, like Red 5, suspect that she is setting up her enemies, of which I am sure I am one. We will see how it all plays out. If she has always been honest in all of her dealings with the community, then she has nothing to fear. The same is true of me.
USDA

Saint Louis, MO

#2604 Nov 21, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm suspicious of your name but not your logic!!! I have said to everyone I know since her retirement was announced that this was going to be a two year "lovefest" for her! I also, like Red 5, suspect that she is setting up her enemies, of which I am sure I am one. We will see how it all plays out. If she has always been honest in all of her dealings with the community, then she has nothing to fear. The same is true of me.
Yes, the truth is the truth; but it takes an abundance of patience, persistence, and fortitude, to flush out the truth into pubic view. Let's hope all the truth is revealed before October 2015.
watcherofthemess

United States

#2605 Nov 21, 2013
USDA wrote:
<quoted text>Do you, "no name", know her? Personally? Has the superintendent shared with you her reasons for announcing her retirement?

I have heard she has plans to work for the State ...where I am sure she will continue her shenanigans- on a higher level. A level that could effect more than one school district. What a mess.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2606 Nov 25, 2013
Repost Reminder

Voice_of_A_Teacher
Jun 7, 2013
In high school I read George Orwell's short novel Animal Farm. For 60 years it's been a staple on English literature teachers' reading lists so I'm sure many of you have read it too. The more I think about the the stench coming from the administration building the more comparisons I find between the "leaders" of my school district and those that controlled Manor Farm. Consider the imbalance between the salaries of the administrators and the teachers. Think about the way Dianne, Todd, Tim, and the BOE have (ab)used their power to hire and fire to enrich their friends, lovers, and relatives.

Now read the speech below by the character called Squealer. He's trying to calm the hungry and angry residents of the barnyard who are upset at the greedy and self-serving behavior of their "beloved leaders". Tell me if this sounds the least bit familiar:

"Comrades!" he cried. "You do not imagine, I hope, that we pigs are doing this in a spirit of selfishness and privilege? Many of us actually dislike milk and apples. I dislike them myself. Our sole object in taking these things is to preserve our health. Milk and apples (this has been proved by Science, comrades) contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig. We pigs are brainworkers. The whole management and organisation of this farm depend on us. Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for YOUR sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples."

The hypocrisy of Orwell’s pigs – and ours – is breathtaking. I'm growing very, very tired of listening to it. Let the good Christian folk on the BOE act as their constituents want them to and give Dianne and Todd the chance to "serve" another school district.

My two cents: Aaahhhhh.....a fellow moron.
Tim

United States

#2607 Dec 3, 2013
I wonder who the Board will GIVE the latest job openings too ?
So What Can be Done

Saint Louis, MO

#2608 Dec 3, 2013
Isint it about time a 1 year follow up be done? Wonder where K. Nash stands with schooling? 2 years to get a degree, so she should have what around 30 credit hours by now? What is she getting a degree in? Is it even related to food and nutrition? Has any one heard if L. Nash is going to run for the board again?
Quack

Arnold, MO

#2609 Dec 8, 2013
Sam and voice of a treachery, I mean a teacher. Sam...you are a FIRED district employee. Your whiney and bitchy voice carries no weight... At all. The only buffoons on here are as lowly and depressed as you are. Enjoy your company. Teacher.... Go elsewhere. The salary you make is much better than anywhere else you could go. Reach for it. Misery loves company. I heard saint Louis public is hiring. You should go there and make a difference. You'd be in the perfect spot. Crappy results with another crappy teacher. What a positive contribution you would make. Lol. I don know why I even look at this post. What a bunch of negative losers you people are. Keep feeding off each other because this is NOT how the real world functions. Sam stay away from boys
Quack

Arnold, MO

#2610 Dec 8, 2013
Addit wrote:
<quoted text>
No moving on or getting over it until the old board has been replaced and Administration makes better decisions. I enjoy Sam's reposts; I am in the trenches and living it. I love my job and the students I teach, but some things need to change and it needs to start at the top. Keep up the good work Sam, and thanks for being at the forefront for us.
Enjoy your paycheck. Loyalty is a characteristic that's rarely known amongst people anymore. If you feel you're in a position to complain. Take it to your principal rather than blast those who have employed you. Times are tough....money is tight. We all know that. But to verbally slash the throat of your own employer is not ok. You need to check your mind set addit. The 1st amendment only stretches so far. Keep that in mind mole!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2611 Dec 8, 2013
Quack wrote:
Sam and voice of a treachery, I mean a teacher. Sam...you are a FIRED district employee. Your whiney and bitchy voice carries no weight... At all. The only buffoons on here are as lowly and depressed as you are. Enjoy your company. Teacher.... Go elsewhere. The salary you make is much better than anywhere else you could go. Reach for it. Misery loves company. I heard saint Louis public is hiring. You should go there and make a difference. You'd be in the perfect spot. Crappy results with another crappy teacher. What a positive contribution you would make. Lol. I don know why I even look at this post. What a bunch of negative losers you people are. Keep feeding off each other because this is NOT how the real world functions. Sam stay away from boys
I have got to give you credit, you picked a much more appropriate name this time. Yeah that's true, I was fired.....and yet I still thank God for that! Go figure.
It carries enough weight for you to respond to it. Think about that, another "go figure." I may be able to help you out with why you not only look at this post but why you wtite on it. Aside from your relationship with Lucretia. Is it possible you have a drinking problem? I could be way off base here but many times if people drink too voimuch they have a hard time controlling their emotions. You ever had a DWI? Anyway, if you hadn't thought of that I hope it helps.
Happy retirement ......you're leaving too right? Please tell me you're dragging your tail behind you as you follow the skirt out of town! My "whiney and bitchy" opinion is that you will follow! But then again what the hell do I know?
Doris Borgelt

Laguna Niguel, CA

#2612 Dec 8, 2013
Quack wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your paycheck. Loyalty is a characteristic that's rarely known amongst people anymore. If you feel you're in a position to complain. Take it to your principal rather than blast those who have employed you. Times are tough....money is tight. We all know that. But to verbally slash the throat of your own employer is not ok. You need to check your mind set addit. The 1st amendment only stretches so far. Keep that in mind mole!
This sounds like you are making a threat! People are allowed to express their thoughts and opinions when, where and to whom they choose to express them. You don't have to like them. You seem to be saying people who are loyal should not complain publicly...or else. That is what has allowed things to progress to the mess that they are. People, translate that to taxpayers, sometimes get upset with things that are brought to their attention, they raise a little ruckus and things calm down and they go away. That is not happening here. A board voted to hire a person who just happened to be the board presidents daughter in law. She did not possess the qualifications that were listed as a requirement to fill that job. She is now being paid $65,000 per year while going to school to obtain those qualifications and her duties are being performed by those assisting her. The retired assistant had to come back for a month just to get everything caught up. Four people get paid to do By the way, that paycheck you are talking about comes from the taxpayers in this district, not from the Superintendent or the Board of Education, they are supposed to be stewards not lords.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2613 Dec 8, 2013
Quack wrote:
<quoted text>Enjoy your paycheck. Loyalty is a characteristic that's rarely known amongst people anymore. If you feel you're in a position to complain. Take it to your principal rather than blast those who have employed you. Times are tough....money is tight. We all know that. But to verbally slash the throat of your own employer is not ok. You need to check your mind set addit. The 1st amendment only stretches so far. Keep that in mind mole!
I have two problems with your logic Quack. First, loyalty is something that is earned, not given. Second, loyalty is not something that flows just one direction. If I'm loyal to someone I expect them to be loyal to me. Dianne, Todd and the BOE have failed to live up to their half of the bargain. The nurses who busted their butts to excel at their jobs had their loyalty rewarded by seeing a less than qualified relative jumped over them and appointed head nurse. The former assistant director of food service had her years of loyalty "rewarded" by having to watch Dianne recommend Linda Nash's daughter for the top job. Interns being groomed for the next assistant superintendent's job were snubbed by Dianne who instead hired an old drinking buddy who was available after being run out of his last job.
Before you accuse anyone of being disloyal Quack, look in the mirror. Decide if you and your cronies have done anything to earn it.
Sam Ferry

Park Hills, MO

#2614 Dec 17, 2013
It’s the first day of filing for possible future board members. I guess we’ll see who wants it. Apparently the quicker you register the higher your name appears on the ballot.

Hopefully, come April, a newer and better board will keep one word in mind. TRANSPARENCY! The board needs to do what they have never done before, and that is make everything at Fox open and above board concerning this school district. It is the job of the BOE to let the taxpayers know exactly what the administration is doing. The newspaper will not do it, the employees can’t do it, and even the “watchdogs” will not be able to insure transparency at the school district. Make no mistake, people will no longer just “shut up”, but without the board doing what only they can do it will never be transparent.

Two months ago I asked the board what they thought about making sure board meetings were taped…audio and video. I also told them that if they did not have the resources I would help in any way that I could. I would provide the time, camera, and whatever money was needed. No reply. I understand there are issues that I do not even understand yet but that is no excuse not to answer my question.

A month ago I sent an email to the board president asking the same question. No reply. Tonight I’ll ask again. Transparency begins and ends with a board of directors. They are the ones that should be proposing these issues. Too much work for them? Boards in the past have been like cattle to this district. They just follow. We must be the prods that they will not be able to ignore until they learn to “follow” those that put them there.

Hope to see Mark Jones at the top of that ballot box!

(Meant to put it on this thread the first time...sorry about that)
in sam i trust

Imperial, MO

#2615 Dec 19, 2013
Sam, we need you on the top of the ballot. You are the only man I trust!!!!!
Sam Ferry

Park Hills, MO

#2616 Dec 27, 2013
The board members that take their responsibilities seriously, those few in number, do not have a life. It is one of those thankless, tireless, self sacrificing jobs that anyone in his or her right mind would not even consider. Pays nothing, and is headache after headache. That’s especially true lately for Fox C-6, and I think we have two Board members that fall into the “few” category. For me, Mark Jones is another. I had prayed that he would run, but believed that he wouldn’t. I encourage everyone to find a way to talk with him, or meet him and I think you’ll come to the same conclusion.

Vernon Sullivan however is at the opposite end of the spectrum for me. He was part of the old tired wisdom that prevailed at Fox, was a board member, got a great gig at Fox, and was a yes man. Hopefully, there will be others to choose from. Non incumbents of course!
in sam i trust

Imperial, MO

#2617 Dec 27, 2013
Sam Ferry for School Board!!!!
no name

United States

#2618 Dec 27, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
The board members that take their responsibilities seriously, those few in number, do not have a life. It is one of those thankless, tireless, self sacrificing jobs that anyone in his or her right mind would not even consider. Pays nothing, and is headache after headache. That’s especially true lately for Fox C-6, and I think we have two Board members that fall into the “few” category. For me, Mark Jones is another. I had prayed that he would run, but believed that he wouldn’t. I encourage everyone to find a way to talk with him, or meet him and I think you’ll come to the same conclusion.

Vernon Sullivan however is at the opposite end of the spectrum for me. He was part of the old tired wisdom that prevailed at Fox, was a board member, got a great gig at Fox, and was a yes man. Hopefully, there will be others to choose from. Non incumbents of course!
Taught while he was at Fox. Not totally sure how I feel or agree. My real impressions came more from when he ran last time. Seems to be a bit irrational.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
25 people Arrested on Federal Meth Charges (Sep '13) 17 hr guest 44
Chuck Koenig Aug 27 Oswaldo Mobray 5
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Aug 23 showman 1,289
Bar for 45 to 62 y/os (Apr '13) Aug 23 Bill 10
Obssession Aug 21 Why Bother 6
What's the Deal With Jefferson College Continui... Aug 14 Eileen 4
Looking Aug 10 Monger 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arnold Mortgages