Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Raw Hot Poultry

Fenton, MO

#2519 Oct 3, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what I meant. The poster that claimed it would be Sam vs Taylor in 2014 thinks that because I do not support Laughlin then it remains to be seen what happens, who will be right, Sam or the NEA?
Here's the deal, I actually like Laughlin, I believe he is informed, hard working, and appears to be able to go against the grain of the old board members. My inability to support him is a personal matter. When that old board voted unanimously to hire Linda Nash's daughter in law they did so knowing it was wrong. It may have been tit for tat,or business as usual but it was wrong. They cheated! The BOE cheated everyone on that hire. Well when you are caught doing that then you should stand up and admit it, or better yet quit. Now obviously my way of thinking is not the majority, and like I already stated, if the NEA backs Mr. Laughlin he will most likely win. I am cool with that.
So I am not for or against NEA backed members, I am for change. The old board has got to go. If Mark Jones decides to run again this year I will vote for him whether the NEA backs him or not! He, in my opinion, offers one of the best chances for real change within the BOE. Therefore it is not me vs NEA. The NEA is like a political party, they could back a good candidate, they could back a bad candidate. The NEA may have gotten the two new guys voted in but I assure you they did not make them into men of principle.
(Live for it)
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2520 Oct 4, 2013
Repost Reminder

Forum Watcher
Apr 28, 2013
We all know what was mentioned above is not going to happen, not without some major changes. Accountability from the board of education, administration, staff and students! Openness is what is needed. When you had a one room schoolhouse, there were NO secrets, everyone knew who was responsible, there was no hiding anything. You have students being thrown into joint classes with students who have behavior disorders, hence the students who don't have problems with acting out are slowed down by those who do. Then if the students who have behavior disorders(lack of discipline) get too outrageous, they are rewarded with a separate school, where they can be as disruptive and outrageous as they like and it is tolerated. This is all done in the name of lowering the drop out rate.
Students don't speak out, they fear retaliation. Teachers don't speak out, they fear retaliation, lower administrators don't speak out, they fear retaliation, they know if they speak out their positions are in jeopardy. They didn't get those positions because of what they know or how good they are at their jobs, they got them because the queen and her court decided to bestow them upon them! As quickly as they were given, one wrong word or move and they can be taken away. Some of them are very good at their jobs, but the reason they got them is because they are trusted to not rock the boat. Others have lost their positions because someone didn't like what they said or did. Others keep their position because administration needs them to police the others. Ah what lessons are our children learning?

My two cents: One of my all time favotite posts, a simple honest observation known by nearly everyone who has worked for Fox for the last ten years!
Imperiallizard

Saint Louis, MO

#2521 Oct 4, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
Repost Reminder
Forum Watcher
Apr 28, 2013
We all know what was mentioned above is not going to happen, not without some major changes. Accountability from the board of education, administration, staff and students! Openness is what is needed. When you had a one room schoolhouse, there were NO secrets, everyone knew who was responsible, there was no hiding anything. You have students being thrown into joint classes with students who have behavior disorders, hence the students who don't have problems with acting out are slowed down by those who do. Then if the students who have behavior disorders(lack of discipline) get too outrageous, they are rewarded with a separate school, where they can be as disruptive and outrageous as they like and it is tolerated. This is all done in the name of lowering the drop out rate.
Students don't speak out, they fear retaliation. Teachers don't speak out, they fear retaliation, lower administrators don't speak out, they fear retaliation, they know if they speak out their positions are in jeopardy. They didn't get those positions because of what they know or how good they are at their jobs, they got them because the queen and her court decided to bestow them upon them! As quickly as they were given, one wrong word or move and they can be taken away. Some of them are very good at their jobs, but the reason they got them is because they are trusted to not rock the boat. Others have lost their positions because someone didn't like what they said or did. Others keep their position because administration needs them to police the others. Ah what lessons are our children learning?
My two cents: One of my all time favotite posts, a simple honest observation known by nearly everyone who has worked for Fox for the last ten years!
I've stated this before on this forum. I know for a fact that there was a kid at in the Fox district that is a bad kid...ALWAYS in trouble...getting kicked off the buses, getting into fights all the time, having to go to the alternate school, getting put into Hyland Center for a time, having to wear an ankle bracelet AT HOME! All this as a freshman and the TEACHERS voted this kid as student of the month last year. What kind of message does that send to the kids that are really putting forth the effort?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2522 Oct 6, 2013
Repost Reminder

Voice of Reason
May 1, 2013
You can disagree all you want. You are incorrect. Fact is, it does matter someone unqualified was hired and now is being trained and attending college to get educated in the field she was hired for over people who were actually already, not only educated, but certified and capable of doing the job. It was not a good call. One need not be in the interview to know that the others possessed the qualifications and she did not! It was hiring Kelly Nash because she was the daughter in law of the board president. This isn't a private company where the boss's son gets paid to run the company even though someone else has to actually do the work, wink, wink. This is taxpayer money being spent to subsidize the board president's family coffers. That is wrong. Kelly Nash should not have been hired. Two former board members are well aware of that now. Certainly the rest of you are not so arrogant as to think if you continue to stand by the bad decision(Kelly Nash hire), your position will be spared, do you?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2523 Oct 8, 2013
Repost Reminder

Voice_of_A_Teacher
May 15, 2013
I had pretty much given up on commenting on this thread thinking we'd done all we could until the next school board election. But then after church Sunday a friend asked me if it's true Fox is changing its mascot to Ronald McDonald. That set me off all over again. I've worked too long and too hard at my job to let a couple of greedy, self-serving narcissists ruin what my colleagues, thousands of great students, and I have built. One way or the other the current superintendant will be gone soon. There are always new sheep to shear; she and her friends will find other school districts willing to hire them. In the meantime we'll be left to clean up the mess they've made.
Bahahahaa

United States

#2524 Oct 9, 2013
Sam, don't let this be an observation to instigate you. What self respecting person lives as you! My god laughs and absorbs the likes of you! Do NOT ever use our savior to use this obnoxious platform as a standard for your complaints. Shame is a teacher. I'm ashamed. A Christian doesn't do this just became known to me. God bless you
in sam i trust

Saint Louis, MO

#2525 Oct 10, 2013
God is on Sam's side. God loves Sam. Sam is like a messiah to the constituents of the Fox C6 school district. You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2526 Oct 10, 2013
Bahahahaa wrote:
Sam, don't let this be an observation to instigate you. What self respecting person lives as you! My god laughs and absorbs the likes of you! Do NOT ever use our savior to use this obnoxious platform as a standard for your complaints. Shame is a teacher. I'm ashamed. A Christian doesn't do this just became known to me. God bless you
If I could tack on an extra year to the end of my life for every Christian that wanted me to think they had a better understanding of Christ, and a better way for me to follow, I'd be immortal.

Just so we are clear, I do not serve "your god"! I also do not fear your fear! I am not afraid to show you who and what I am, and what I believe, good bad or indifferent. You can not make the same claim!

Here is the platform......replace a corrupt and selfish BOE and pray to God they will have the nerve to replace the super and the band of administrators that have paralized a district with fear. You don't like that, not Godly enough for you? Too bad!
in sam i trust

Saint Louis, MO

#2527 Oct 10, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>If I could tack on an extra year to the end of my life for every Christian that wanted me to think they had a better understanding of Christ, and a better way for me to follow, I'd be immortal.

Just so we are clear, I do not serve "your god"! I also do not fear your fear! I am not afraid to show you who and what I am, and what I believe, good bad or indifferent. You can not make the same claim!

Here is the platform......replace a corrupt and selfish BOE and pray to God they will have the nerve to replace the super and the band of administrators that have paralized a district with fear. You don't like that, not Godly enough for you? Too bad!
You are surely Godly enough Sam. You are the embodiment of that word. You fill us with hope to bring on a great change. We have the courage, now, to overthrow this regime. Sam, you are owed a immense praise for your amazing contributions to the Great Cause. And you're an awfully handsome fella.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2528 Oct 12, 2013
Repost Reminder

Ssdd
May 15, 2013
I agree with the voice of a teacher. To bust your ass everyday. Go to college get advanced degrees, go above and beyond for the students (which is what school is all about) and then put up with unqualified people at every level. From teachers aides, to teachers, to coaches, counselors is absolutely bullshit. To fight tooth and nail to get a generation of kids that are homeless, financial challenged, non caring parents to actually give a shit about learning only to get SMACKED in the face and degraded due to the actions of the CO administrators is awful. ALL OF THEM must go. Next school board election changes need to be made to protect the students and the teachers trying to help them.
Addit

United States

#2529 Oct 12, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could tack on an extra year to the end of my life for every Christian that wanted me to think they had a better understanding of Christ, and a better way for me to follow, I'd be immortal.
Still with you, Sam.
Addit

United States

#2530 Oct 12, 2013
Imperiallizard wrote:
<quoted text>
I've stated this before on this forum. I know for a fact that there was a kid at in the Fox district that is a bad kid...ALWAYS in trouble...getting kicked off the buses, getting into fights all the time, having to go to the alternate school, getting put into Hyland Center for a time, having to wear an ankle bracelet AT HOME! All this as a freshman and the TEACHERS voted this kid as student of the month last year. What kind of message does that send to the kids that are really putting forth the effort?
You have stated it before, several times, and no one has commented, no one cares about this. Stop; if we get the controversial leaders out, we will no longer celebrate mediocrity.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2531 Oct 12, 2013
Addit wrote:
<quoted text>
Still with you, Sam.
Your sense of timing has always been spot on. Thanks Addit!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2532 Oct 15, 2013
Repost Reminder

Voice_of_A_Teach er
May 22, 2013
Forgive me for being cynical but as a teacher of history what Superintendent Dianne Critchlow and the BOE are doing now reminds me of something an Israeli diplomat once said:“[h]istory teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.” Let’s not forget that before their apparent capitulation last night Critchlow, Crutchley, Scott, Nash and the rest of the board have: hidden behind a high school girl to protect themselves from a reporter, lied – baldly and badly – to our faces, invented incredible excuses, humiliated themselves and our school district on television, used people like the despicable Troop to physically threaten us, and hired lawyers to try to intimidate those who gave up their anonymity and spoke out openly against them. It was only when they realized none of those tactics were working to silence their critics that they suddenly decided there might be a better way to do business. And, oh yeah, save their jobs at the same time. Let’s hope it doesn't work for any of them.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2533 Oct 17, 2013
Repost Reminder

Ssdd
May 22, 2013
Voice. Their transgressions will never be forgotten. They have the arrogance to believe that maybe we lowly citizens may get Nash, Smith and Loughlin off the board next year. But it won't matter. They ousted us getting rid of Ruthann. After all she's everyone's grandma. Truth I will be a reminder for those who have forgotten. The board can lay low but the improper decisions they made will always be brought to the forefront. They did something good. Doesn't negate the lives and families they have destroyed.

The nea will probably continue to back Loughlin. If Nash is dumb enough to run she's owing o be a laughing stock. As will Smith. He needs to go as well. As written in here the board hires the sup. we need o hire one based on the removal of the current admin. Especially the fired one from another district. Dan Baker has been groomed o ake over for Critchlow. She can retire in a few years. Our oal as a community are to let her finish her career elsewhere. As for her superintendents. NONE OF THEM can be trusted. Thy all need to be replaced. Then then they need to address those who aren't qualified for their current positions. Ie. Kelly Nash, all hirings that Todd dumbed down. Each of those people need to be investigated. In addition prior to giving tenure to someone they should be cross referenced with how they got the job. If it was a hire, dumbed down, they need to go and qualified people need to be hired. Just my 2 cents
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2534 Oct 19, 2013
Repost Reminder

Sam Ferry
May 24, 2013
Smith is a coward, who has taken the cowardly approach to every single decision that involves the Kelly Nash hire! Thank God he is not running....I mean that...get on your kness and tell God thank you, thank you, thank you.

If he had an ounce of strength and heart he would have already resigned as a board member. What they have done to the employees of the district through their nepotism is simply unforgivable! Here is a man who is going to let Paula quietly slip away and lose her retirement as well as her good standing and has yet to do a single thing about it. I am ashasmed that he and his kind ever got to be on the board. He is a disgrace to public service.

He was FORCED by the waking giant to put the new Nepotism policy in place. Had his friends not been voted out, had the Kelly Nash incident died down sooner, he would never even considered changing the policy. I am glad they changed it, "thrilled" in fact, but do not mistake my sense of fair play. I do not beleive any of the original board members are any different than they were when they knowingly hired a girl who was not qualified. They are sheep!
Holy Moly

Perryville, MO

#2535 Oct 19, 2013
Obsession.
Nope

Torrance, CA

#2536 Oct 20, 2013
It is called tenacity, combined with true integrity, calling for truth and condemning the liars leading this community.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2537 Oct 20, 2013
Holy Moly wrote:
Obsession.
Thanks man....what compelling arguments you make. I told you I could not have this conversation without you. Let's do this daily right up until April. Agreed? You help us get rid of the BOE and at the same time help me feed my "obsession." It's a win win!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2538 Oct 22, 2013
Repost Reminder

Voice_of_A_Teach er
May 24, 2013
That's easy. I want to see Critchlow, Scott, Crutchley, Nash and the rest of the BOE held accountable for their arrogance and greed. What I want to see is Todd Scott standing in front of another school's HR Director explaining how after doing "hundreds and hundreds" of interviews he's perfected the art of hiring exactly who his bosses tell him to. What I want to see is Critchlow's Elliott Davis bob & weave gyrations set to music and become more popular in dive bars than the Boot Scootin' Boogie. I also want to see her explain why she thought it better and easier to humiliate herself on television than standing still and defending her hiring record. And the last thing I want to see is Crutchley forced to sit in a corner and watch his über-competent wife demonstrate why a school should pick the best qualified people, not just the most fortuitously named.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Thu Eileen 1,472
News Which Fireworks Stand Has the Best Deals/Prices? (Jun '09) Jun 28 Go 4th 23
Mehlville Jun 25 la_verdad_esta_en_mi 1
new police officer? (Sep '13) Jun 25 Wow 18
Water Tower Dental Group Jun 25 No More Wisdom 7
Fox 2 News anna elise parks lookalike Stratford... Jun 22 Talk 2
Spingdale Pool & Bar Jun 22 arnold boy 2

Arnold Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arnold Mortgages