Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

The flags were a cool touch. I was shocked that anyone put that much thought into something. A lot of the other schools have them. Lets say they purchased 100 of them at 5 bucks a pop. Is that really that much money in the big picture?
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why sell them? Is Troop, excuse me, Dianne's pool boy demanding a raise?
They are being sold to students so they will fly the flags at home in order to stir pride, kind of like flying your college flag on game days. Come on, are you really complaining about offering Fox flags up for sale for $5.00? The kids can fly them on their graduation day! Private schools have been selling flags for years, and for a lot more than five bucks.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Addit wrote:
<quoted text>
They are being sold to students so they will fly the flags at home in order to stir pride, kind of like flying your college flag on game days. Come on, are you really complaining about offering Fox flags up for sale for $5.00? The kids can fly them on their graduation day! Private schools have been selling flags for years, and for a lot more than five bucks.
Addit, you're right. I forget sometimes that there are hundreds of good teachers and staff at Fox doing their jobs well for the right reasons. As Freud once said, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Mea culpa.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Daily Repost Reminder

Red 5
Apr 2, 2013
Linda Nash ended the political careers of two of her colleagues tonight. Well, that's not exactly true. She actually did it months ago. They just didn't realize it until tonight.

I find it ironic - but altogether fitting - that by agreeing with Linda, Todd and Dianne that Kelly Nash was "by far" the best candidate Ruth Ann Newman and Pete Nichols became "by far" the worst.

I would say it's time to celebrate but knowing how much harm those people have done to the lives and careers of Fox employees that trusted them to do the right thing makes me sick to my stomach. In the coming days let's adopt the kinder, gentler policy of the school board and make our vote unanimous that all cowards that hide behind closed doors and all bullies that guard them also be dismissed.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Daily Repost Reminder

Trooper
April 4, 2013
It's hard to change a system. I hope these two new additions to the school board have what it takes to stay strong for the long haul.

That said, I also hope the community has what it takes for the long haul as well. We need to stay informed and remind these new board members, as well as every board member, why they were chosen to represent us.

My two cents: This is not troop 5,6,11,18 or otherwise.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Great board meeting tonight. There was a fifteen minute discussion by the board about them having board workshop meetings a couple weeks before monthly board meetings. The first of which is Oct.8 at 6:00pm. One of the things up for discussion will be the format of the 3 minutes allowed for public comments at board meetings.It will be great to actually see what the board can hammer out in these workshops.

There was a clear divide between the old board and the new when it came to committing to monthly workshops or doing them as the need arose. At least based on that little pulic discussion tonight it is obvious the new board blood shows a willingness to work harder and faster in addressing and hopefully solving some of the distirct issues.

For sure I will be there on the 8th.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

I was wrong about that first "board workshop" time. It is at 6:30 PM.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Daily Repost Reminder

Ssdd
Apr 8, 2013
@Sam. I'm not sure why people on her don't get it. It's not about saving face. It's having the courage to take out the trash. Every employee Diane has hired because of their name, relationship, or what's in t for her should be looked into. Staff without tenure needs to be reviewed. Ask Todd how many job descriptions he's dumb down. The board should be able to track that her husband, her daughter, her friends, nieces, and whom ever else. I have no problem with her hiring qualified people but the fry girl is beyond a stretch

We need board members with backbones. I have no interest to save Diane's face. She should look bad. Like a complete dumb ass. I hope Elliot Davis is at school 10 times a week.

Critchlow needs to go this year. And her band of soldiers all need to be replaced. I mean Todd, Danny Boy, the idiot we picked up from desoto,mc cutcheon, and Tim Crutchley. Then we need to look at the administrators. Like the one at Antonia Middle. He was a gym teacher for a year, a librarian for a year, and poof he's now a principal at our newest school. Ridiculous.

And for those who think that there is going to big blow up because fry girl couldn't hack it your not going to get it. They will not let her fail, just as she won't let her middle school principal.
Comm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

The Leader is very informative today. Wow
Trooper

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Yes, the Leader reported on Jeff Co Superintendents' salaries. Fox is an outlier.

Similar information provided here:
http://foxc6watchdogs.blogspot.com/2012/08/fo...
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Trooper wrote:
Yes, the Leader reported on Jeff Co Superintendents' salaries. Fox is an outlier.
Similar information provided here:
http://foxc6watchdogs.blogspot.com/2012/08/fo...
Guys, I sorta feel bad saying this, but if Dianne comes back on the market I'm applying for the position of "Favorite Husband For Now."
Sam Ferry

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Daily Repost Reminder

A concerned past employee
Apr 9, 2013

I have seen very well qualified aides and assistants with bachelor's degrees and teaching certicates stuck in these positions for 5 years or longer (so people that the superintendent either knew or was related to) could get a job. Many of these people that she hired came in without the proper certification for the jobs. They were required to get temporary certificates until they had the required classes completed. These aides and assistants that kept working for as little as $12,000 -$15,000 a year lost a lot of money trying to get their foot in the door. The lucky ones who finally got hired are now starting at the bottom of the pay scale while Dianne's friends and family are several thousand dollars ahead of them on the pay scale. I know of a lot of good assistants and aides that finally had to give up and get out of education so they could make enough money to feed their families. So those people that think Dianne hasn't hurt any families need to think again. When the past superintendents were in charge, they always picked the assistants, aides, and long term substitutes first. This is how it should be. Hopefully with the new board members in place, we can get back to hiring people based on qualifications and not who they know.
TROOP Pi

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

I'm an finite member. Lol. However for the daily and hourly nay Sayers who exist (and only exist mentally and emotionally on here). I pity you! For the sake of human kind and otherwise. Find a more optimistic hobby. Perhaps fishing or kite flying. You have exhausted all avenues and probabilities. Your insignificant keyboard rants are no longer valid nor heard. This thread is no more than 3, maybe 4, depressed people thriving upon each other's negative input. Truly pitiful as we'll as comical!
TROOP Pi

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Lol. Red 5. I've got dibbs. Would love to be part of that scene
Sam Ferry

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

TROOP Pi wrote:
You have exhausted all avenues and probabilities. Your insignificant keyboard rants are no longer valid nor heard.
I'll take that bet Troop.

You still just sound scared to me. Reach out and take someone's hand dude. Just don't make it an incumbent board member because you won't be able to hold on long.
TROOP Pi

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Sam we all love you. Only because your special. Your lucky it's 2013 "dude"
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

TROOP Pi wrote:
Lol. Red 5. I've got dibbs. Would love to be part of that scene
Troop! You're back. Thank God. I was afraid LUNN was going to win "nuttiest in show" by default. I never lost faith in you though. I kept telling everyone who'd listen that it's the quality, not quantity of bat sh$t crazy comments that matters. I had $5 riding on you to go all the way. Now that you're here there's no longer any doubt. Once again you've made me a winner. Kelly! Happy Meals all around!
TROOP Pi

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Lol. I again realize just dropping in on what is, at best, a site of congregating bottom feeders and straight up $&@?'-ups who live and thrive on BS (I cordially apologize for stooping to this level). Enjoy your world Sam and 5, no one but you guys and disgruntled jack offs live on here. You'll make headlines. Kids talk....eventually.
Sam Ferry

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

TROOP Pi wrote:
Your lucky it's 2013 "dude"
I completely agree with this.
Apu

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Cage match at next board meeting! 1/2 time entertainment for all who attend! Troop vs. both Sam AND Red 5 simultaneously!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Arnold Forum right now

Search the Arnold Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
More IP Addresses Sought 8 min Interesting 5
Who will it be for District 113? 34 min JCPenknife 17
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 59 min Clinton-Obama Agenda 95,849
Who are you voting for in the Jefferson County ... 1 hr JCPenknife 12
Who well you support for the Democratic Primary... 14 hr Steve 24
Five Men Arrested Following Brawl Outside Arnol... (May '13) Thu Looking for advice 9
County Executive Thu Funny 19
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion Wed Tim 160
•••
•••
•••
•••

Arnold Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Arnold People Search