Fox C-6 community votes for the statu...

Fox C-6 community votes for the status quo

Posted in the Arnold Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mary

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Apr 8, 2014
Disturbing results today
school board new blood

Lake Ozark, MO

#2 Apr 8, 2014
Yeah. What happened? Congrats to Dawn.
Sue

Arnold, MO

#3 Apr 8, 2014
Disturbing...I dont see it that way, Dawn will be awesome, as will Laughlin!! Good choices voters!!!!
Happy Happy Happy

Lake Ozark, MO

#4 Apr 8, 2014
Laughlin ?!? He voted for Nash's daughter. Let's hope he learned his lesson. Can't believe he got re-elected.
Maya

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Apr 8, 2014
Is Taylor/NEA the new king maker?
Mary T

United States

#6 Apr 9, 2014
Maya wrote:
Is Taylor/NEA the new king maker?
Apparently so. Let's see what he does with his power, what's right for our children or what is wanted by his members?
imamesswatcher

United States

#7 Apr 10, 2014
Mary T wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently so. Let's see what he does with his power, what's right for our children or what is wanted by his members?
NEA members want what is right for all students.
This is directly from NEA's website...

NEA's Vision, Mission, and Values
Adopted at the 2006 NEA Representative Assembly

The National Education Association

We, the members of the National Education Association of the United States, are the voice of education professionals. Our work is fundamental to the nation, and we accept the profound trust placed in us.

Our Vision
Our vision is a great public school for every student.

Our Mission
Our mission is to advocate for education professionals and to unite our members and the nation to fulfill the promise of public education to prepare every student to succeed in a diverse and interdependent world.

Our Core Values
These principles guide our work and define our mission:

Equal Opportunity. We believe public education is the gateway to opportunity. All students have the human and civil right to a quality public education that develops their potential, independence, and character.

A Just Society. We believe public education is vital to building respect for the worth, dignity, and equality of every individual in our diverse society.

Democracy. We believe public education is the cornerstone of our republic. Public education provides individuals with the skills to be involved, informed, and engaged in our representative democracy.

Professionalism. We believe that the expertise and judgment of education professionals are critical to student success. We maintain the highest professional standards, and we expect the status, compensation, and respect due all professionals.

Partnership. We believe partnerships with parents, families, communities, and other stakeholders are essential to quality public education and student success.

Collective Action. We believe individuals are strengthened when they work together for the common good. As education professionals, we improve both our professional status and the quality of public education when we unite and advocate collectively.

NEA also believes every student in America, regardless of family income or place of residence, deserves a quality education. In pursuing its mission, NEA has determined that we will focus the energy and resources of our 3.2 million members on improving the quality of teaching, increasing student achievement and making schools safer, better places to learn.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Apr 10, 2014
imamesswatcher wrote:
<quoted text>
NEA members want what is right for all students.
This is directly from NEA's website...
NEA's Vision, Mission, and Values
Adopted at the 2006 NEA Representative Assembly
The National Education Association
We, the members of the National Education Association of the United States, are the voice of education professionals. Our work is fundamental to the nation, and we accept the profound trust placed in us.
Our Vision
Our vision is a great public school for every student.
Our Mission
Our mission is to advocate for education professionals and to unite our members and the nation to fulfill the promise of public education to prepare every student to succeed in a diverse and interdependent world.
Our Core Values
These principles guide our work and define our mission:
Equal Opportunity. We believe public education is the gateway to opportunity. All students have the human and civil right to a quality public education that develops their potential, independence, and character.
A Just Society. We believe public education is vital to building respect for the worth, dignity, and equality of every individual in our diverse society.
Democracy. We believe public education is the cornerstone of our republic. Public education provides individuals with the skills to be involved, informed, and engaged in our representative democracy.
Professionalism. We believe that the expertise and judgment of education professionals are critical to student success. We maintain the highest professional standards, and we expect the status, compensation, and respect due all professionals.
Partnership. We believe partnerships with parents, families, communities, and other stakeholders are essential to quality public education and student success.
Collective Action. We believe individuals are strengthened when they work together for the common good. As education professionals, we improve both our professional status and the quality of public education when we unite and advocate collectively.
NEA also believes every student in America, regardless of family income or place of residence, deserves a quality education. In pursuing its mission, NEA has determined that we will focus the energy and resources of our 3.2 million members on improving the quality of teaching, increasing student achievement and making schools safer, better places to learn.
Big deal! How long has the NEA preached their mission statement? They are just words, unless of course they have actually prepared every student to succeed in this world? I say not only have they not done that but US students continue to fall behind the rest of the world!

"Public education" does not provide anything that education in general does not provide. As a matter of fact private education time and again out performs public education. Yet they pat themselves on the back as maintaining " the highest professional standards". Are you kidding me?

All schools, those staffed by the 3.2 million members, do an okay job. If you are going to be honest, and compare us to the leaders in education the world then you have to admit that we are just doing okay. Growth and improvement would be a constant otherwise. If you are a professional at anything then you are at the TOP of your game. They are not even close, and yet they "expect the status, compensation, and respect due all professionals." Again, are you kidding me?

That does not mean this board will do a bad job for the community, or even that they are moved about by the NEA. But it does mean that they should be closely watched. Let's see how far they are willing to bring down the administrative salaries in this district. That will tell you if they bow down to the NEA or not.
imamesswatcher

United States

#9 Apr 11, 2014
The current mission statement has been in place since 2006. There have been many mission statements since 1857. However, since its beginning, the National Education Association has been ahead of its time, crusading for the rights of all educators and children. Thanks for asking!
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Apr 11, 2014
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal! How long has the NEA preached their mission statement? They are just words, unless of course they have actually prepared every student to succeed in this world? I say not only have they not done that but US students continue to fall behind the rest of the world!
"Public education" does not provide anything that education in general does not provide. As a matter of fact private education time and again out performs public education. Yet they pat themselves on the back as maintaining " the highest professional standards". Are you kidding me?
All schools, those staffed by the 3.2 million members, do an okay job. If you are going to be honest, and compare us to the leaders in education the world then you have to admit that we are just doing okay. Growth and improvement would be a constant otherwise. If you are a professional at anything then you are at the TOP of your game. They are not even close, and yet they "expect the status, compensation, and respect due all professionals." Again, are you kidding me?
That does not mean this board will do a bad job for the community, or even that they are moved about by the NEA. But it does mean that they should be closely watched. Let's see how far they are willing to bring down the administrative salaries in this district. That will tell you if they bow down to the NEA or not.
Right. So you're one of the ignorant public that blames all educational issues on teachers. Never mind the failure of the family, never mind poverty. It's obviously the fault of the teacher, a convenient scapegoat.
By the way, most administrators are not NEA members and most teachers do not advocate for administrators' very pregnant salaries. Wake up and stop blaming everything on the NEA. Geez.
Sam Ferry

Grover, MO

#11 Apr 11, 2014
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. So you're one of the ignorant public that blames all educational issues on teachers. Never mind the failure of the family, never mind poverty. It's obviously the fault of the teacher, a convenient scapegoat.
By the way, most administrators are not NEA members and most teachers do not advocate for administrators' very pregnant salaries. Wake up and stop blaming everything on the NEA. Geez.
Not at all, I state unequivocally that the breakdown of the family is not only the number one failure in education but in all of society. All social ills are directly related to that failure. However that does not let the NEA off the hook. Nobody gets to claim out of one side of their mouth that they are the cornerstone of education without the proof. You tell me, how do you claim to be the best at something but steadily decline? The Post Office does it, the railroads do it, the NEA does it. But that's just B.S. where I come from.

As to whether the teachers are opposed to the grossly high salaries? We'll see. If the NEA is one for all and all for one, and it's members are primarily teachers, then they'll stand up and make it known to cut those salaries. I know where my bet is placed.
Sam Ferry

Grover, MO

#12 Apr 11, 2014
imamesswatcher wrote:
The current mission statement has been in place since 2006. There have been many mission statements since 1857. However, since its beginning, the National Education Association has been ahead of its time, crusading for the rights of all educators and children. Thanks for asking!
You guys are so far behind the eight ball that there is no catching up. Just a small point here.......the next time you want to brag about your holy crusade you might want to make it about the children first, then the educators.
imamesswatcher

United States

#13 Apr 15, 2014
Happy Happy Happy wrote:
Laughlin ?!? He voted for Nash's daughter. Let's hope he learned his lesson. Can't believe he got re-elected.
Re-elected, newly sworn in, and BOARD PRESIDENT!
Mary

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Apr 15, 2014
imamesswatcher wrote:
<quoted text>Re-elected, newly sworn in, and BOARD PRESIDENT!
BOOM!!!
Happy Happy Happy

Lake Ozark, MO

#15 Apr 16, 2014
imamesswatcher wrote:
<quoted text>Re-elected, newly sworn in, and BOARD PRESIDENT!
What a mess
dis

Imperial, MO

#16 Apr 16, 2014
Well, at least there is still ONE board member left that's a member of the Kelly Nash Fan Club. Gosh, I'd hate to see her all alone....
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Apr 16, 2014
dis wrote:
Well, at least there is still ONE board member left that's a member of the Kelly Nash Fan Club. Gosh, I'd hate to see her all alone....
As long as Kelly's got Todd "The Dancing Machine " Scott and Tim "If You Find My Testicles Please Let Me Know" Crutchley in her corner doing her homework and helping her sound out the big words on the menus she'll be fine. You think those gutless wonders will admit they screwed up? Hell no! They'll follow Fox SOP and promote her to Ass't Superintendent of Untangling Paperclips and give her a $10K raise.
Happy Happy Happy

Lake Ozark, MO

#18 Apr 17, 2014
dis wrote:
Well, at least there is still ONE board member left that's a member of the Kelly Nash Fan Club. Gosh, I'd hate to see her all alone....
Right on
Happy Happy Happy

Lake Ozark, MO

#19 Apr 17, 2014
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>As long as Kelly's got Todd "The Dancing Machine " Scott and Tim "If You Find My Testicles Please Let Me Know" Crutchley in her corner doing her homework and helping her sound out the big words on the menus she'll be fine. You think those gutless wonders will admit they screwed up? Hell no! They'll follow Fox SOP and promote her to Ass't Superintendent of Untangling Paperclips and give her a $10K raise.
I'll run for school board if that day comes. It would be nice if this new school board will find the way to correct the mistake and let her go. Nothing wrong with firing incompetence or inexperience.
Mary T

United States

#20 May 6, 2014
Happy Happy Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll run for school board if that day comes. It would be nice if this new school board will find the way to correct the mistake and let her go. Nothing wrong with firing incompetence or inexperience.
Can you spell L A W S U I T?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
REPENT ( Joyce Meyer) REPENT 1 hr The Watcher 10
Breaking News Read ASAP Fri LostForReply 2
Michelle Roesch Fri Embarassment 6
D & L Towing should be ashamed (Jan '11) Feb 13 Haggeybaby01 7
Stratford inn in fenton homeless/hookers/heroin Feb 11 Anonymous 5
Average Utilities Feb 11 Newbieowner21 1
Saddle Tramps M.C. prez Feb 9 Castlewood 3

Arnold Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arnold Mortgages