Robert Johnson

Wentzville, MO

#1 Jan 14, 2011
Posted on KMOV.com :

by Chris Nagus
KMOV.com
Posted on January 6, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Updated Friday, Jan 7 at 4:58 AM

(KMOV)-- Tornado victims from Sunset Hills feel like they're getting socked with a double whammy. After dealing with damage to his vehicle, a Mazda owner called News 4 to say D & L Towing charged him $910 to transport his car from Sunset Hills to Valley Park. The drive from Sunset Hills to the tow lot is roughly 10 miles.

------
My question:
I thought price gouging was illegal?
sed

Fenton, MO

#3 Oct 12, 2012
just remember they feel they are unaccountable for things they do ( They towed My truck and damaged it
and said it was due to the accident even with a police officer witness they refused to stand up and do the right thing carry a camera and take pictures before having them tow your vehicle Or dont let them in the first place
Tracey Hardwick

Ballwin, MO

#4 Mar 10, 2014
Cracked/Broke the oil pan towing my daughters car from my home to Maze Collision. Car was driven home from the accident scene, sat in my driveway for over 24 hours. When it arrived at Maze oil pan damaged and over 2 qts of oil leaked onto their lot. Maze rep called to make me aware this happened.
stupidity police

Arnold, MO

#5 Mar 14, 2014
If you dont like the towing prices, you should go out and by a 80,000 dollar truck and get towing insurance (about the price of insuring 12 cars) and fill it up with 4 dollar a gallon gas (most tow trucks have 2 30 gallon tanks). You will also need to pay someone to answer the phone and drive the truck (dont forget workmans comp ins and cell phones). Now you will need to rent a lot and get insurance on that as well. Almost done, get your buisness license and occupency permit and towing permit. After all thats done you can the charge 30 bucks to tow a car (or whatever you consider fair). And make sure when you deliver cars that have been wrecked to the point of needing towed, that you drop them off in perfect condition or some idiot will blame you for damaging his wrecked car? LOL!
mom

Ballwin, MO

#6 May 12, 2014
They were called to tow after a collision but would not tow to body shop. They wanted the storage fee for the weekend. Pretty low business practice!
In the know

Hillsboro, MO

#7 May 16, 2014
mom wrote:
They were called to tow after a collision but would not tow to body shop. They wanted the storage fee for the weekend. Pretty low business practice!
Next time, request a diff tow company. You don't have to use the tow company that the police request.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Military plane with something hanging off wings... (Jun '11) 17 hr Cloysangel 14
What happened to Kimmswick? (Jan '06) Wed poppy 778
What's the Deal With Jefferson College Continui... Wed Tom Petty 3
bogus ticket Jul 28 The Truth 10
Anyone know what happened in Parkton subdivision? (Nov '08) Jul 28 William 26
Chuck Koenig Jul 26 Tom Petty 2
The Old Biltmore (Jun '09) Jul 19 rjtcedarhil 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arnold Mortgages