church on richardson

Posted in the Arnold Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
my tax dollars

Camdenton, MO

#1 Oct 28, 2013
That new church on Richardson Rd, I think it's called the Bridge, not sure.

Anyway they have Arnold cops blocking traffic so people can get in there which caused a huge traffic jam yesterday morning.

My question, who is paying for the cops directing traffic??? I certainly hope the taxpayers are not footing the bill for this. That would be completely wrong if we are being stuck with the bill for this
honk honk

United States

#2 Oct 28, 2013
my tax dollars wrote:

Anyway they have Arnold cops blocking traffic so people can get in there which caused a huge traffic jam yesterday morning.

My question, who is paying for the cops directing traffic??? I certainly hope the taxpayers are not footing the bill for this. That would be completely wrong if we are being stuck with the bill for this
Who pays for the police officers directing traffic outside a funeral home?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3 Oct 28, 2013
my tax dollars wrote:

Same as for First Baptist, the Church is.
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Oct 28, 2013
Really? I mean, REALLY? Complaining about who are paying for cops to direct traffic at a congested intersection when they are letting out, or coming in? As for as I'm concerned, they are doing their job, as I would think 99% of residents would think. You weren't the one that almost caused an accident up there by not paying attention, were you?
Question

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Oct 28, 2013
Where are those payments accounted for?
my tax dollars

United States

#6 Oct 28, 2013
DSH wrote:
Really? I mean, REALLY? Complaining about who are paying for cops to direct traffic at a congested intersection when they are letting out, or coming in? As for as I'm concerned, they are doing their job, as I would think 99% of residents would think. You weren't the one that almost caused an accident up there by not paying attention, were you?
Excuse me. As a taxpayer I can ask where the money is being spent. It's my right. I don't think the taxpayers should be footing the bill for cops directing traffic into a church parking lot.

Separation of church and state ya know??
APD

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Oct 28, 2013
The officers are paid by the church and are off duty. Just like First Baptist church. Hope this helps
Curious

Imperial, MO

#8 Oct 28, 2013
my tax dollars wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. As a taxpayer I can ask where the money is being spent. It's my right. I don't think the taxpayers should be footing the bill for cops directing traffic into a church parking lot.
Separation of church and state ya know??
Did you ever stop to think that all those people that go to that church pay taxes? Maybe it's their taxes that are being used. Simmer down Francis.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever stop to think that all those people that go to that church pay taxes? Maybe it's their taxes that are being used. Simmer down Francis.
I would agree with the other poster. I would have an issue for my tax money being abused by constant traffic control rather than going after real crime. The churches should have to pay for traffic control if they require it on a weekly basis like that.
More Questions

San Jose, CA

#10 Oct 28, 2013
Are their APD police cars off duty also? What about the gas to drive there and back to the station. Is that approved by the City Council?
Curious

Imperial, MO

#11 Oct 28, 2013
Letusnamenames wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree with the other poster. I would have an issue for my tax money being abused by constant traffic control rather than going after real crime. The churches should have to pay for traffic control if they require it on a weekly basis like that.
So what about all the cops for the Arnold parades, funerals, the list could go on and on... It's not only "your" tax dollars. Those people that go to that church pay taxes also. And probably more, with me knowing some of them. Maybe it's "their" tax dollars. Since when do you call making it safe to turn in and out of someplace a waste? Weren't you on the ban wagon for the stop light at the schools? I'm confused? Family's going to church is less important then kids going to school? I'm pretty sure police are not there only to fight crime as someone recently thought they should know what to do when someone is a diabetic....I guess you'd rather they sit on 55 handing out tickets.
my tax dollars

United States

#12 Oct 28, 2013
APD wrote:
The officers are paid by the church and are off duty. Just like First Baptist church. Hope this helps
Thank you. Simple answer was all I needed

Location hidden

#13 Oct 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>So what about all the cops for the Arnold parades, funerals, the list could go on and on... It's not only "your" tax dollars. Those people that go to that church pay taxes also. And probably more, with me knowing some of them. Maybe it's "their" tax dollars. Since when do you call making it safe to turn in and out of someplace a waste? Weren't you on the ban wagon for the stop light at the schools? I'm confused? Family's going to church is less important then kids going to school? I'm pretty sure police are not there only to fight crime as someone recently thought they should know what to do when someone is a diabetic....I guess you'd rather they sit on 55 handing out tickets.
What stoplight at what school? That's a new one on me. Please enlighten me.

And those churches that need traffic control should pay for it. They are requiring private use of the police. They should pay for the car expense and time. Good for you that you know some of them. I would bet that some of them don't live in Arnold or pay taxes. So just because you think you are important and go to that church you think the city should pay your way. No wonder everyone comes here looking for handouts. So what position do you hold in the city that makes you think you are so important?

Parades are put on by the city and are public use.

If I am not mistaken the cost of police is in the funeral costs. Again, a private use.

So much for common sense on the council.
Curious

Imperial, MO

#14 Oct 28, 2013
So what your saying is that you want to control my tax dollars also? I don't go to that church, but I surely don't care if a cop is helping with traffic so that someone doesn't get killed pulling in and out all while trying to get their family to church for a little direction in their lives.

I've got bigger fish to fry then worrying about that. Your question was answered the police are paid for from the church so lighten up Francis. Pull your panties out and take a breath. Now you want to complain about the cars.

So your telling me your not for stop lights at the schools to avoid killing a kid? WOW..
Just Sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Nov 24, 2013
FYI, The officers are paid by our church and they are in their own private cars. That is why you never see a police car in the street. The only thing they wear is the uniform. First Baptist is the same, officers do not use city cars for these details, however, for those of you that are looking to complain about a dollar, it would be awful if something ever happened to you or someone you know because they were left to enter a busy roadway without any assistance and got smacked by another vehicle. GEEZ what does it hold u up a minute or two? WOW!!!!
Mouse

France

#16 Nov 25, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
FYI, The officers are paid by our church and they are in their own private cars. That is why you never see a police car in the street. The only thing they wear is the uniform. First Baptist is the same, officers do not use city cars for these details, however, for those of you that are looking to complain about a dollar, it would be awful if something ever happened to you or someone you know because they were left to enter a busy roadway without any assistance and got smacked by another vehicle. GEEZ what does it hold u up a minute or two? WOW!!!!
There are marked police cars at Arnold First Baptist and officers directing traffic after each service.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 25, 2013
And what gets me is First Baptist has an intersection with a light. Why can't the parish goers exit there?
Just Sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Nov 25, 2013
I go on a lot of threads and see what other cities in the area are discussing, and I cant believe the stuff this Cities residents (Arnold) wine about. No other city acts the way you do. I would be embarrassed to be a resident of this city. It seems that all you guys ever do is complain about every little thing. I mean really, complaining because a church wants to pay officers to help direct traffic! Seriously, get a life! No wonder why business's pack up and leave. Please take time to go onto other forums from other cities and see what adults talk about. Church's/ other business's paying officers to direct traffic is a common practice around Missouri, relax. As far as First Baptist goes. Have you seen the size of that church? imagine those people fending for themselves to get out onto the roadway. You think waiting for a few minutes to let them out is bad, how about a hour while officer clear up accidents Just food for thought.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
I go on a lot of threads and see what other cities in the area are discussing, and I cant believe the stuff this Cities residents (Arnold) wine about. No other city acts the way you do. I would be embarrassed to be a resident of this city. It seems that all you guys ever do is complain about every little thing. I mean really, complaining because a church wants to pay officers to help direct traffic! Seriously, get a life! No wonder why business's pack up and leave. Please take time to go onto other forums from other cities and see what adults talk about. Church's/ other business's paying officers to direct traffic is a common practice around Missouri, relax. As far as First Baptist goes. Have you seen the size of that church? imagine those people fending for themselves to get out onto the roadway. You think waiting for a few minutes to let them out is bad, how about a hour while officer clear up accidents Just food for thought.
Like I said, First Baptist has an intersection with a stop light. They wouldn't be fending for anything. All they need to do is use the light which is only 500 feet from the entrance the police are working.
Tax Payer

Imperial, MO

#20 May 20, 2014
When this church first opened I thought maybe this was a one time thing... but no this is still happening every Sunday. As far as the comment about the cops being off duty and using their own personal cars that is not true, the officers are in uniform and are using their police cars. The church is not paying taxes (search it on Google... they are tax exempt). As for the comment stating that church goers pay taxes also... you are correct... the majority of them live elsewhere (not in Arnold). The church moved from St. Louis to Arnold, so I'm sure that a majority of their congregation are not Arnold residents. Also, how do you get out into traffic if there is no traffic light and no cops directing traffic... oh that's right you wait for a clearing and then go when you can. Let's just call this what it is... this church and it's congregation are wanting special treatment. This needs to stop. If the church wants to ensure that it's congregation can get out quickly (this is NOT a safety issue, this is an issue of the church-goers not wanting to wait all day to get onto Richardson Rd) they and their congregation can donate funds to the city and have a signal put up at their entrance.

The comment about some of the congregation pay more in taxes than other residents is ridiculous... we all do are fair share in this community... quit expecting special treatment!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Yellow Dawg Democrat 97,281
Who is better for the people of Arnold? 5 hr Back to topic 15
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 6 hr Foster 3,191
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 8 hr Go Blue Forever 590
County Councilman Boyer 15 hr Oh Boy 109
Fox High School Superintendent (Sep '10) 15 hr ECR 1,463
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 16 hr ECR 503

Arnold Jobs

Arnold People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Arnold News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Arnold

Personal Finance