Windsor C-1 School District Releases Superintendent, Who Hires Pleban

Mar 6, 2009 | Posted by: Vinny63010

Chet Pleban is at it again defending a Jefferson County School District Superintendent. On Wednesday, Windsor C-1 School Superintendent Dr. Rudy Duran was placed on paid administrative leave.

While Windsor school officials have declined to comment, Duran has responded to the ousting in the same manner as former Fox C-6 School District Superintendent Dr. Diana Borisaw. He has retained St. Louis attorney Chet Pleban.

While Windsor school officials did not comment as to why Dr. Duran was let go, the vote of the school board was unanimous. And, while the spokesperson for the district stated this was not a criminal matter, Dr. Duran is quoted in the St. Louis Post as saying “There is a perception that I’ve done something illegal, immoral.”

Now, the residents of the C-1 School District may have the same chance to watch a public spectacle like Chet Pleban brought with him to the Fox C-6 School District when releasing Dr. Borisaw. Hopefully, the cost to the tax payers in the Windsor District will not equal the cost to the Fox District.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Judged:

Now this story takes me back.
Matt Hay

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Judged:

Is this even like a real news story, or did you write it yourself? There is no link to actual facts and I see you posted it yourself Dave. Keep stirring, I see what station you are trying to drive this bus to.........lemme guess, it involves Dianna Bourisaw and Ron Counts, am I right?

Not sure of all the details behind her situation but given the fact she was fired from what is probably the most corrupt and under achieving school district (St. Louis Public Schools) in the universe, whomever signed her walking papers at Fox exercised excellent judgment in my mind. Look how corrupt Mokwa is and it only took like 8 years to get him fired.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Judged:

Matt,

Actually Matt, I was not going to mention any names of any candidates for any office with this Article. It is just an interesting thing that is starting up just down the road from Fox that rings of familiarity.

This situation was all over the news for a couple days now. Years back, when the good Dr. was let go in Arnold, the big public hearing that Mr. Pleban brought to Arnold was the hottest ticket in town. In the end, his client walked away with a nice check.

I am sorry if the similarities between this situation and what happened in Fox years back causes an uncomfortable situation for you, but I did not ask Windsor to let their super go just to mess with you, and I did not even hint that any current person had any involvement. You just did that.

Still, there seems to be similarities between the two situations.

Arnold Mo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Judged:

Matt Hay wrote:
Is this even like a real news story, or did you write it yourself? There is no link to actual facts and I see you posted it yourself Dave. Keep stirring, I see what station you are trying to drive this bus to.........lemme guess, it involves Dianna Bourisaw and Ron Counts, am I right?
Not sure of all the details behind her situation but given the fact she was fired from what is probably the most corrupt and under achieving school district (St. Louis Public Schools) in the universe, whomever signed her walking papers at Fox exercised excellent judgment in my mind. Look how corrupt Mokwa is and it only took like 8 years to get him fired.
Here is the link to the story

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx...

You may think Fox exercised excellent judgment when the fired Dianna Bourisaw but the majority of the parents in the district would disagree with you. In fact a large group of people came together to support her. While Phelan didn't manage to save her job he did manage to get her a nice chunk of change from the Fox District.
Nick V

High Ridge, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Judged:

Not to take away from the current super, but it was the dumbest thing the Fox School Board has done in years. And with the situation in the SLPS being what it is, Dr. Bourisaws 'firing' from there has, in MY opinion, nothing to do with her performance. To hand ANYONE that mess and expect them to turn it around in a couple of years is asinine.
And FYI, it was, as you can see above a 'real news story' that I just posted over at my site before it posted here. Little paranoia going on here or what.......
Doris Borgelt

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

So, who posted the story? Dave or Nick? Matt, I also was not in favor of Dr. Bourisaw leaving Fox. As far as the St. Louis Public Schools are concerned, they should pull an archived budget out from about 1964, adjust it for inflation and start over from there. In those days, kids walked to their neighborhood schools, businesses supported the schools because parents supported the businesses, schools were well maintained and landscaped, all provided in-house. Two or three custodians took care of everything in each school and the district had their own greenhouse.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Doris Borgelt wrote:
So, who posted the story? Dave or Nick?.
Nick posted a story on his web site.
After hearing about this from a couple of teachers in the district, I posted the story here. It is a local new story, and it is happening now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

While the people I taled with did not give me any earthshattering reasons for this super to be let go in the middle of a year, they did suggest i check out the following site. Notice who is the director of Windsors after school program. Is it right or wrong?

http://windsorc1sd.schoolwires.com/7307511295...
Bingo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judged:

Matt hay: "Not sure of all the details... but... whomever... exercised excellent judgment in my mind."

Obviously Clueless Again!

Arnold Mo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Doris Borgelt wrote:
So, who posted the story? Dave or Nick? Matt, I also was not in favor of Dr. Bourisaw leaving Fox. As far as the St. Louis Public Schools are concerned, they should pull an archived budget out from about 1964, adjust it for inflation and start over from there. In those days, kids walked to their neighborhood schools, businesses supported the schools because parents supported the businesses, schools were well maintained and landscaped, all provided in-house. Two or three custodians took care of everything in each school and the district had their own greenhouse.
Doris,
I heard it on the news, saw it on Nicks site and again here.
If you check out the news story and read the few comments there I think you will find that the few who posted there do not seem very supportive of their super.
Nick V

High Ridge, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judged:

Just to be clear, my posting this story on my site was in no way an attempt to put a bad light on Counts. To be honest, I had forgotten the 'Counts Connection' to the Bourisaw affair. I simply posted a local news story. And my subsequent posts here are still not for that purpose. I would have leaned in favor of him before, though I did not like that choice. Now, it is a more balanced choice in my mind. I think Arnold has two very poor choices.......

Arnold Mo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Wish there were someone else running but the people will just have to do the best they can and pick one of the two that are running.
Matt Hay

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judged:

Bingo wrote:
Matt hay: "Not sure of all the details... but... whomever... exercised excellent judgment in my mind."
Obviously Clueless Again!
Not quite what I said "Distortions galore," and whatever other names you choose thinking they gain you internet anonymity.

Point being, I do know that there was a closed personnel hearing, no one other than those involved know all the facts, and show they say they do, they are likely lying, but that is just par for the course for some ;-). However, I cannot defend her because I have to assume the folks that did know all the facts decided they were compelling enough to act on.

Given the fact that releasing Bourisaw set the stage for our current superintendent, I can certainly live with that outcome as I feel she has done a great job.
Nick V

High Ridge, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judged:

Matt Hay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite what I said "Distortions galore," and whatever other names you choose thinking they gain you internet anonymity.
Point being, I do know that there was a closed personnel hearing, no one other than those involved know all the facts, and show they say they do, they are likely lying, but that is just par for the course for some ;-). However, I cannot defend her because I have to assume the folks that did know all the facts decided they were compelling enough to act on.
Given the fact that releasing Bourisaw set the stage for our current superintendent, I can certainly live with that outcome as I feel she has done a great job.
Or perhaps it was a bit of that GOB network (at another local institution that was alleged to have control at the time),(read that 'railroading') she made someone mad, and got ousted for that? Fact is, she managed to win her salary for the rest of her contract time, a nice little parting gift.......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judged:

Matt Hay wrote:
<quoted text>
Point being, I do know that there was a closed personnel hearing, no one other than those involved know all the facts, and show they say they do, they are likely lying,.
Matt,

Fact is, when Dr. B was let go, she did not go quietly. She and Chet pushed for a public hearing. The school board was pushed to put their reasons for letting her go on the table. The hearings were held at Rickman Auditorium to a full crowd. There was nothing closed door about it and the entire community had the chance to hear all the claims of the school board. Chet did an outstanding job of getting the facts on the table.

In the end, when it was proven that Dr. B did nothing wrong, instead of pushing to keep her job, she settled and walked away to a better position with the state. Later she moved on to St. Louis's difficult situation.

Bottom line is, yes there were closed hearing, but your friend and the Dr. also opened them up to the public so the public would know exactly what was going on. The lady had guts.
Matt Hay

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judged:

Who exactly is my friend to which you refer?

Arnold Mo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Matt
I think the firing of Dr. Bourisaw opened the door for Mr. Chellew who also did a good job and then Chellew opened the door for our current Super. Diane Brown.
I will agree that she is a great Super. but so was Bourisaw.
David is also right she did not go quietly and in Bourisaws case things were not done behind closed doors. It was done in public at Rickman to standing room only crowds.
I doubt when all this was taking place that you even cared about what was taking place in the Fox School District or Arnold for that matter.
Chet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judged:

Me, Chet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

ArnoldCC wrote:
Actually, Shirlav, I wish you would quit assuming that age has anything to do with stuff like that. I
Where does Shirley say anything about age? I thought Matt moved to Arnold just a few years beck, well after the Super Mess was done and over with. Matt himself stated he was not up on it.

How would that comment be about age?
Dave Duncan

High Ridge, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Chet wrote:
Me, Chet.
Hey Chet, tell Kevin Slaten hi for me....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Arnold Discussions

Search the Arnold Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr rainstained 95,820
Who well you support for the Democratic Primary... 6 hr Great news for Gay Rights 23
Who are you voting for in the Jefferson County ... 9 hr Doris Borgelt 10
Five Men Arrested Following Brawl Outside Arnol... (May '13) 12 hr Looking for advice 9
County Executive 13 hr Funny 19
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion Wed Tim 160
The Tilted Kilt (Feb '09) Wed Toshh 211
•••
•••
•••
•••

Arnold Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••