What About Being Green

Arnold, MO

#62 Mar 23, 2014
http://www.opb.org/news/blog/ecotrope/report-...

ENVIRONMENT | LAND | SUSTAINABILITY | ECOTROPE
Report: Smaller homes, smaller carbon footprints
Ecotrope | Oct. 26, 2010 6:34 a.m.| Updated: Feb. 25, 2013 2:12 p.m.
Here are some more highlights:
The biggest environmental benefits of a smaller home come from reduced electricity and fuel use, but also from avoiding additional material production.
Green building practices and energy efficiency measures can reduce the carbon footprint of a larger home.
More than 80 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions over a homeís 70-year life occur during occupancy and come from electricity and fuel consumption.
14 percent of the emissions are tied to producing original and replacement building materials.
Constructing and maintaining the home account for 2 percent, and transportation of building materials account for less than 1 percent of the emissions.
Residential home construction, maintenance and demolition make up 10 to 15 percent of Oregonís annual waste stream.
Only 6 percent of building material-related waste occurs during home construction.
50 percent of the waste is generated during 70 years of home repairs and maintenance.
The remaining 44 percent comes from the homeís demolition.
Voter

Hillsboro, MO

#63 Mar 23, 2014
Response to Voter wrote:
First statement, the reason you won't be voting for him is because you do not live in his ward. You don't even live in Arnold.
We have read your posts on the internet and you are definitely the pot calling the kettle black. Your paranoia puts you in danger when you look at your reflection in the mirror.
Since the subject of safety checkpoints was brought up in this thread, it is only natural for them to be compared to Nazi checkpoints, nothing to do with Godwin's law and everything to do with the actions taken by the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.
If you think he is a radical nut job, you should take a look at the record of his opponent. In his capacity as chairman of the planning and zoning board, he has been in favor of telling builders/owners just how many trees and shrubs they must have in their yards. Adding large upfront costs to the price of a new home. What if you don't like to rake leaves and don't want any trees? What if you want to build a small house instead of a big one? Can't have it, it has to be over 1200 square feet. His opponent is a dictator in his present position, would you expect him to change stripes in another?
Thanks for the response Bob! You proved my point! Now go take your meds! Lol
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#64 Mar 24, 2014
Response to Voter wrote:
First statement, the reason you won't be voting for him is because you do not live in his ward. You don't even live in Arnold.
My posts say St. Louis, because the server I am logged into is there. I am, however, I lifelong resident of Arnold. And even though Hohmeier isn't in my district, and neither is Borgelt, I feel it is necessary, in order to keep a smooth running City Council that is actually functioning, to keep Hohmeier and Borgelt off the Council. These 2 elements do not have the City's, or their Ward's residents, concerns in mind. Borgelt's record speaks for itself. She did not do one single thing to favorably benefit the city or it's residents. Instead, she overstepped her office and went vigilante. Bob Hohmeier, through social media, and the newspaper, has also shown a very similar anti-establishment, vendetta seeking mentality more suited to a 6th grade playground bully than a person actually concerned with City issues and it's residents.
reminder

United States

#65 Mar 24, 2014
Lets not forget moss whom has cost us as well with his vendetta
Truth Will Prevail

Arnold, MO

#66 Mar 24, 2014
It's OK, if you have city officials, including the city attorney who do not follow the laws they are sworn to uphold. It's OK for them to break the law. It's OK for their friends, family and business associates to break the law. The persons who foot the bills however, they must comply.
Giving money to their friends, family and business associates that come out of the taxpayer coffers, secures their position as it draws their campaign contributions and buys votes.
The litigation that has cost the taxpayers money has been caused by the former city administrator, chief of police and city attorney, not Borgelt or Moss as you claim.
$450,000 awarded to a female officer to settle a sexual harassment suit in the police department.$45,000 to settle an election suit because the City Clerk on the advice of the city attorney kept someone off the ballot.$55,000 and a job until retirement because a proper investigation was not done, no suit even filed and no proof of a violation, city attorney, mayor and city administrator pushed to give it away. A nuisance suit filed by a political ally claiming harassment was dismissed when their case fell to pieces due to two employees of the gold buyer pleading guilty to receiving stolen property. Two of four claims being made by the chief in his suit against the city were dismissed. As for Moss's suit, the mayor, city attorney and city administrator tried to force a duly elected official to resign threatening to ruin his reputation, that is blackmail, isn't it?
Don't forget the chief who breaks city ordinance every time he or his family members are paid to deliver goods to the city. Seems other officials just turn a blind eye.
The Ozark Bridge assessments were returned to members who formed the NID when according to the city attorney, they threatened to sue. That same attorney failed to mention that the statute of limitations after more than a year had expired and they had no legal standing to sue 45 days after the assessment was declared. Then to top it off, personal friends and former business partner of those in the sewer district formed in 2005 were refunded their sewer assessment money just because they asked.
ArnoldCC

United States

#67 Mar 24, 2014
Notice the ambiguity in the accusations.
Truth Will Prevail

Arnold, MO

#68 Mar 24, 2014
There were no accusations only true statements. Proof is in the city's council minutes, warrants, code of ordinances, court documents, Leader newspaper, Post-Dispatch and the Countian. Read them and weep.
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#69 Mar 24, 2014
Ever notice that they keep trying to move the attention away from their faulty candidates that are running, and keep attacking the Chief of Police?
Truth Will Prevail

Arnold, MO

#70 Mar 24, 2014
In what world is it expected that people are to ignore the current faulty, law breaking administration? Where is it the ruling class can do whatever they want and DSH wants the people to pay for it all? Arnold! He must have pretty deep pockets...oh no, it's the taxpayers pockets that are being raided. He feels it is his civic duty to subsidize the ruling class, their friends, family and business associates.
logical digression

United States

#71 Mar 24, 2014
Please restate the last though using a logical process. There seems to be hasty generalizations bEing made. Proof and process make a point not sloppy arguments.
Truth Will Prevail

Arnold, MO

#72 Mar 24, 2014
If you believe the current council and their propensity to not only allow, but promote coercion and corruption needs to stay in there, that is up to you. I see corruption and millions of dollars being hijacked from the local treasury and it's defenders need to step down and be prosecuted. Instead they just turn their heads and look the other way, all the while patting themselves on the back.
When the first act of a council is to reverse the strides that were made to make this city government transparent and the data easily available to the citizens, it suffers a stench that makes everyone wonder what is being hidden. The general public jokes about the level of corruption in Arnold, if they only knew how deep it really goes.
logical digression

United States

#73 Mar 24, 2014
Alright captain america go to it. Dont be dissapointed though when nothing is found.
Army of Truth

Imperial, MO

#74 Mar 24, 2014
I wonder if Mike Evans will be attacking Doris and anyone else that does not agree with his friends (Amato group)? Will he have students skip school to hold signs again?
ArnoldCC

Arnold, MO

#75 Mar 25, 2014
Army of Truth wrote:
I wonder if Mike Evans will be attacking Doris and anyone else that does not agree with his friends (Amato group)? Will he have students skip school to hold signs again?
There is some libel for you. The students didn't skip school. School was out.

There is a video on YouTube of Mike Evans and why he was specifically against Doris. Could someone find and post it?

Personally I think he is just after Doris after what he accused her of. She dropped him after he didn't agree with her from what someone told me. Do we see a pattern here with Doris?
Jim West

Saint Louis, MO

#76 Mar 25, 2014
Bottom Line is this, too keep Doris, Hohmeyer and the self appointed savior of Jefferson County The exalted Bobby Boyer out of office is to show up to the polls. and Vote for the other person running for that seat. Doris's track record on the city council is known which will make it hard for her this time around. Bob Hohmeyer? well his disrespect for the police in jefferson county won't even get him a seat except on thursday nights out in the audience at city hall. Although I canot vote hohmeyer out I can make damn sure I dont vote for Doris and Ole Bobby B. Like I say the only way to keep them out of office is to show up in your respective wards and vote. If you dont show up and vote then you have no reason to complain.
Voter

Ballwin, MO

#77 Mar 26, 2014
U R A HD KAS wrote:
<quoted text>They sent many other people besides Jews to concentration camps.
Too bad there isn't a Idiot Camp to send people like you!
bumper

United States

#78 Mar 29, 2014
Lets bump this forum back up. I feel someones trying to bury the bad name they made for themselves. Strange isnt it that all these old threads are being addresed all of a sudden
Bump Away

Arnold, MO

#79 Mar 29, 2014
I don't think anyone is trying to bury anything. The truth of this city is just being brought back to to the top of this forum. The City of Arnold is as corrupt as it can get. Developers going a million over budget because no one was keeping track, the same company was paid over two hundred thousand to dump the fill they scraped off the site on city property which was in turn, sold to that same company at a loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayer money, only to be put back on the market for three times the price they paid. Who was enriched in that whole deal? Not the the taxpayers!
ArnoldCC

Arnold, MO

#80 Mar 29, 2014
Too bad the person can't post under their real name.
Good Land

Arnold, MO

#81 Mar 29, 2014
I cannot imagine a worse world than living under a city council with Borgelt, Hohmeier, and Moss.

Truly, the apocalypse will have arrived if those goons are elected. I plan to do everything in my power to make sure it doesn't happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
value village 22 hr Dave 6
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Apr 24 Paul Bunyan 1,254
Petco Flawed Dogs on Saturdays (Mar '10) Apr 23 Shelti1007 37
Arnold's Home and Garden Show. Really??? (Apr '09) Apr 21 Outmindouttime 20
New Plaza Apr 20 ArnoldCC 1
Where's Doris? Apr 16 GolfBall 68
Fulbright and Amato Win Apr 14 WOW 8
More from around the web

Arnold People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE