Parents say administrators cyberbullied them

May 30, 2014 Full story: KSDK-TV Saint Louis 51

The words on a public forum called Topix by anonymous posters sent a river of humiliation through three parents in the Fox C-6 school district in Arnold.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#1 May 31, 2014
Not surprising.
Addit

United States

#2 May 31, 2014
I am quite surprised by the names revealed. It is shameful that top administrators would partake in libelous bullying, especially of the vulgar nature that appeared against citizens speaking out for change in the district. They will probably blame it on the kids.

I would like to know specifically who "Troop 5 or 6" is. Will they be revealed for the vile person they are?

Since: Feb 13

Jefferson County

#3 May 31, 2014
The plaintiff's lawyer said most of the posts came from the Critchlow home. I imagine court filings will reveal IP addresses and authors of specific posts.

“Funny lady”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Jun 1, 2014
This pathetic that high ranking school officials would be involved in something so childish. Maybe it's time for the state to go in and clean house. Shameful! Makes Arnold look really bad
happy happy happy

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jun 1, 2014
Honestly, the district should be able to handle their own. I have a feeling this week that Fox will be seeing some pink slips. Come on School Board, learn from the Nash mistake please. Please!
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#6 Jun 1, 2014
The school board is ultimately responsible. They've ignored red flag, after red flag, and allowed themselves to be led, instead of leading.

Shame.

Shame on them all.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#7 Jun 1, 2014
I believe that Dr. Critchlow made a statement in the past, in essence saying she and her husband didn't follow Topix, or even know much about Topix.

If the IP footprints show otherwise, that would make her a liar.

It will be QUITE interesting to learn whether "home" was the only source of Topix cyberbullying. One has to wonder whether any of their activity also took place while on-duty at their place of employment, during school/work hours.

(Although in many people's opinions, the Critchlows are 'on duty' at all times, since taxpayers employ them and they should represent 'character and excellence,' as District employees.)
So what can be done

Arnold, MO

#8 Jun 1, 2014
happy happy happy wrote:
Honestly, the district should be able to handle their own. I have a feeling this week that Fox will be seeing some pink slips. Come on School Board, learn from the Nash mistake please. Please!
Nash needs a pink slip too. Director gets to vacation 2 weeks during summer school and leave 2 kitchen managers in charge of it all?
SEEN IT FIRST HAND

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jun 2, 2014
I was an employee there and it i not just the superintendents doing the bullying. They need to check into the maintenance and janitorial departments. On the nepotism and the bullying going on to the custodians. They are treated like crap and put down by words that a lead custodian or John Hanson should not have said or done. And the lead custodian and the head over the custodians are going into places in Seckman high school that has nothing to do with their jobs. I believe that someone needs to have a meeting with all the custodians w/o John Hanson & Linda there and find out the facts and the words being said to them and the way they are treated like animals.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#10 Jun 2, 2014
Does Fox C6 have a Human Resources director?

(Who's qualified to do the job, I mean.)

Many of these issues should be addressed by that person--so why are they being ignored?
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#11 Jun 3, 2014
Fox has Todd Scott as an HR guru. His track record of dumbing down job descriptions so food service workers, directors, pom pom instructors and social workers can be hired is quite remarkable. He can wave his wand of enthusiasm and find the best....or most qualify....wait. Why do they get hired?.....oh yeah all he looks at is the last name. So by qualified I guess he is he can hire from a list of administrators family. That makes him good? No. A great judge of character? No. A looking out or the best for the kids? No. If you can figure something out let the rest of us know.
Concerned

Scott Air Force Base, IL

#12 Jun 4, 2014
Addit wrote:
I am quite surprised by the names revealed. It is shameful that top administrators ...
So it's perfectly ok for parents of students to do the same thing to school administrators? As a relative of an administrator and a teacher it was horrifying to watch the vitriolic comments that came out when he ran for office. He was accused of the same things that the parents are filing a libel suit over. I honestly think the libel suit is a stupid thing to do and would fully expect a counter suit for the same behavior. But thankfully, I'm not involved in this because I choose to act like an adult. But some of the rather disgusting "public" comments here are just as reprehensible and just as "bullying" as everything else. And honestly, Diane Critchlow has been under a barrage of attacks for years now.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#13 Jun 4, 2014
Concerned your pointis if she feels a little picked on she has a right to say disgusting things about people? Try that in the hall ways. Some immature kids would handle it a bit differently. She is the SUPERINTENDENT of a large school district. Her behavior is inexcusable. PERIOD. As is Dan Baker, Angie Baker.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#14 Jun 4, 2014
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's perfectly ok for parents of students to do the same thing to school administrators? As a relative of an administrator and a teacher it was horrifying to watch the vitriolic comments that came out when he ran for office. He was accused of the same things that the parents are filing a libel suit over. I honestly think the libel suit is a stupid thing to do and would fully expect a counter suit for the same behavior. But thankfully, I'm not involved in this because I choose to act like an adult. But some of the rather disgusting "public" comments here are just as reprehensible and just as "bullying" as everything else. And honestly, Diane Critchlow has been under a barrage of attacks for years now.
Diane Critchlow has been under a barrage of attacks for years now BECAUSE OF HER ACTIONS!!!!! The shining example SHE set is what is causing her downfall. How did HER family and friends get promoted/hired over other more qualified candidates in the district? What she did was wrong. What the board allowed her to do was wrong. Parents pointed it out and she and her cyber thugs didn't like it and proceeded to attack them. Used the district's attorney to send cease and desist letters to SHUT THEM UP. For years things have been getting done behind closed doors, the parents and teachers have been summarily removed from the process and rules have been made to keep it that way. This district is not HER district and it does not belong to the BOE, it belongs to the taxpayers and needs to be as open and transparent as a pane of glass just like any other tax supported entity. Rich Simpson shouldn't have to beg for the bills or meeting videos to be available on line. He shouldn't have to beg for the credit card statements or pay for them for that matter. They should be available ON LINE. The public should be informed when a major position will be open. The Board of Education has not been doing their job of REPRESENTING THE TAXPAYERS. Teachers don't say anything because they fear losing their jobs or their extra jobs, parents don't say anything because they fear it is their child that will suffer the retaliation. Everybody needs to go to the Fox C-6 Watchdogs Blog and read all of the information that Mr. Simpson compiled. He presents FACTS and documentation that cannot be disputed. A counter suit would do them no good, because you can rest assured that Michelle Tyler, Sam Ferry or Rich Simpson did not make even one libelous post on Topix.
Since I don't know to whom you are referring that ran for office I cannot comment. If I had an idea, I could possibly shed some light on it for you. I'm sure there is a reason and that is what happens when people run for office. It's part of the real world where not everyone wins or gets a prize for participation.....
Concerned

Scott Air Force Base, IL

#15 Jun 4, 2014
Doris Borgelt wrote:
<quoted text> Diane Critchlow has been under a barrage of attacks for years now BECAUSE OF HER ACTIONS!!!!!.
Actually, from my perspective she's done an alright job given the crap she's been through. And THiS community does NOTHING to make it any better. The witch hunters on this site who have a better than though. Philosophy on life really bring a lot of the rhetoric on themselves. That's why I'm hoping to see a counter suit. I'll be watching the news in anticipation.
IMHO

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jun 4, 2014
IMHO to call themselves the injured party after being linked to a poster who would say something like what Troop wrote below would only be embarrassing themselves.

"My troop met this evening. We made signs...hundreds of them. We will
post these sporadically around the district. Most them will read some like,
but not exactly the same as .... "__________ and ________are
copulating with livestock. They must move from the district".
Apparently it's quite interesting from what many of the posters on here
have described to me._____ is able to take the length of a miniature
pony and ________can swallow a donkeys load. That's disgusting!!!
But I have to admit....ain't surprised."
Concerned

Scott Air Force Base, IL

#17 Jun 4, 2014
IMHO wrote:
IMHO to call themselves the injured party after being linked to a poster ..."
Yep, disgusting. But at the same time my relative was accused of stalking and molesting children. None of which is true. So the "good, honest people" here who are only "practicing their first amendment rights" are just as vial. I think they would have a good claim for being victimized. People on here are vial.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#18 Jun 4, 2014
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, disgusting. But at the same time my relative was accused of stalking and molesting children. None of which is true. So the "good, honest people" here who are only "practicing their first amendment rights" are just as vial. I think they would have a good claim for being victimized. People on here are vial.
Who ran for office that was accused of stalking and molesting children? Don't just keep throwing stuff out there without letting anyone know who it was, as was said I'm sure light can be shed on it. What administrator ran for office and was accused of being a stalker and child molester? I cannot recall and I have most likely read everything that was written on this site at any given time. I recall a board member who ran for higher office that was accused of stalking someone and can say I participated in defending him. If that is what you are talking about, please clarify so your concerns can be addressed.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#19 Jun 4, 2014
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, from my perspective she's done an alright job given the crap she's been through. And THiS community does NOTHING to make it any better. The witch hunters on this site who have a better than though. Philosophy on life really bring a lot of the rhetoric on themselves. That's why I'm hoping to see a counter suit. I'll be watching the news in anticipation.
What planet do you live on that condones the hiring of some qualified and some unqualified friends and relatives in a public school district over those who are qualified within the district in violation of their own policies? How was she doing an alright job when teachers cannot do their job or air their concerns without fear of retaliation from the administration? How was it an alright job when parents could not speak air their concerns without fear of their children being retaliated against? Do you think those kind of things come about because someone is a good leader and fair about their administration? The above statement is bordering on incoherent. This community is trying to better the district by demanding open and honest communication about how this district is being run. It's pretty bad when the superintendent has to do the bob and weave, use the resident student resource officer and receptionists to shield herself from answering questions. Obviously there was some guilt there or she would have answered the questions in a professional manner. Again, there will not be a counter suit, the people who are suing did not make any libelous statements. the ones that emanated from the homes of the super, the assistant and the retired households are the ones in the hot seat.
FoodServiceFan

Hillsboro, MO

#20 Jun 4, 2014
So what can be done wrote:
<quoted text>
Nash needs a pink slip too. Director gets to vacation 2 weeks during summer school and leave 2 kitchen managers in charge of it all?
You are obviously deeply misinformed. Those "kitchen managers" are assistant food service directors and have been for almost a year. One I know for sure has 18 years of experience in Foxs Food Service Program. And what has Nash done that has been so horrible that she would deserve a pink slip? Obviously you know quite a bit about them, maybe you need the pink slip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The world just became a better place 40 min What goes around 1
Where's Doris? 1 hr ArnoldCC 26
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 2 hr WDCJ 1,221
Londell Drive behind School Mon CuriousInArnold 1
Sherry Poppen for BOE Mon WDCJ 56
Elementary Principal Sun what's up with that 7
Payphone Question Sun Payphones 2
Arnold Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web