can man

Arnold, MO

#1 Jul 23, 2014
When residents feed Feral cats why do they think they are helping them? It's only making the problem worse! I have a question? When was the last time you saw a rabbit eating-playing in your yard?? Not in my yard just cats. I would rather see rabbits. Thanks
Andy

Imperial, MO

#2 Jul 23, 2014
In some states it is legal to shoot cats that come onto your property. I wish Missouri had that law. Cats should be kept indoors. Jefferson County has a leash law that applies to both cats and dogs. Cats kill a lot of wildlife just for fun. They like to jump up on cars, so the next time you see some new scratches, you'll know it was a crummy cat. There are also many litters of kittens born each year, because of irresponsible cat owners who don't neuter their cats and let them run loose.
can man

Arnold, MO

#3 Jul 23, 2014
My yard is not big enough to take care of it myself, as in other states. Animal control in Arnold have been helping me from the start. So far 8 cats, 2 opossum, 2 raccoons, one skunk. This has been since mid May. There is still 2 more cats paying my front flower bed a visit every day. Using it as there litter box. Our tax dollars at work, to take care of them.
Exterminator

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jul 23, 2014
Andy wrote:
In some states it is legal to shoot cats that come onto your property. I wish Missouri had that law. Cats should be kept indoors. Jefferson County has a leash law that applies to both cats and dogs. Cats kill a lot of wildlife just for fun. They like to jump up on cars, so the next time you see some new scratches, you'll know it was a crummy cat. There are also many litters of kittens born each year, because of irresponsible cat owners who don't neuter their cats and let them run loose.
If you take a light bulb and crush it up finely then mix it in with a can of tuna or cat food that will solve your stray cat problems

“Funny lady”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Jul 24, 2014
Exterminator wrote:
<quoted text>If you take a light bulb and crush it up finely then mix it in with a can of tuna or cat food that will solve your stray cat problems
You're truly a disgusting person. Why would you subject any living creature to a horrible death that way??
TiredofUncaringP eople

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jul 27, 2014
It truly makes me sick, how people love to attack animals, but the Majority of Animals love Unconditionally, so hopefully those that want animals dead so much, never need a helping hand from someone that loves animals, for all your ignorance, I hope you get served what you dish up!
can man

Arnold, MO

#7 Jul 28, 2014
Can we get back to the topic of feral cats. Animal control takes care of them for me.If people would not feed these cats and keep there cats (pet) inside the problem would go away.

“Funny lady”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8 Jul 29, 2014
can man wrote:
Can we get back to the topic of feral cats. Animal control takes care of them for me.If people would not feed these cats and keep there cats (pet) inside the problem would go away.
Regardless these unfortunate animals are a creation of God and deserve to live as any if us do. The underlying problem is stupid people who do not spay/neuter their pets and that is the beginning of the feral cat population.

In the past I have fed them but I either befriended them over time and adopt them out or I trapped them and found a rescue to take them.

If animal control takes them they are euthanized. That's not a solution to me
can man

Arnold, MO

#9 Jul 29, 2014
How many offspring did those cats have while you were trying to befriend? Only helping the problem !! They are God's creations but man's mistakes. Animal control is the solution until I see rabbits (bunnies) playing in my yard.They are God's creation also.(hunnybunny)
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#10 Jul 29, 2014
You can come up to my yard and watch the bunnies, deer, fox and birds play......every once in a while I see a big, fat groundhog....
American_Jihad

North York, Canada

#11 Jul 30, 2014
Cat is good protein, Chinee Resaurant buy meat. Make good money!!! hahaha!!
Exterminator

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Aug 1, 2014
You could also get spring traps or can paw traps to catch them. But the light bulb thing works the best. I'm no animal hater but I also think that nuisance animals should be put down. Remember folks they are just animals not people animals are killed every day to feed and clothe you and your family
Exterminator

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Aug 1, 2014
hunnybunny99 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're truly a disgusting person. Why would you subject any living creature to a horrible death that way??
It's just cat who cares. If you find one with kittens you can drown those. But if you fish put them on a trout line they make great catfish bait. Does that make the catfish a cannibal
amish able

Marshfield, MO

#14 Aug 5, 2014
when I go to Alaska I go seal clubbing what say we drink some beer Saturday night at the football field and go thump some cats
Christina

Imperial, MO

#15 Aug 5, 2014
Cat tacos sound good!

Park Hills, MO

#16 Aug 6, 2014
Anyone who would hurt a cat is gutter trash.
north co transplant

Arnold, MO

#17 Aug 7, 2014
guest wrote:
Anyone who would hurt a cat is gutter trash.
I agree if the cat is a pet but if it's a wild cat (feral) game on!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 3 hr Sheepdog 1,471
News Which Fireworks Stand Has the Best Deals/Prices? (Jun '09) 18 hr Go 4th 23
Mehlville Jun 25 la_verdad_esta_en_mi 1
new police officer? (Sep '13) Jun 25 Wow 18
Water Tower Dental Group Jun 25 No More Wisdom 7
Fox 2 News anna elise parks lookalike Stratford... Jun 22 Talk 2
Spingdale Pool & Bar Jun 22 arnold boy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arnold Mortgages