2.5 Million Short?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#1 Aug 3, 2014
The word on the street is that the City of Arnold is tackling a $2.5 Million shortage/shortfall on the upcoming budget. In order to alleviate said shortage, staff is being laid off, retirees have not been replaced and employee heath coverages are being severely cut. I find this interesting when I recall recent statements by Phil Amato about how we have PLENTY OF MONEY!!! They
"find" money when it is a pet project of theirs without a care as to how it will affect the rest of the city. Just two weeks ago they let it be known that "mall cops" are still on their table for approval. Fulbright, according to all the hype, was instrumental in getting the metal detectors and two extra cops to man them to protect council members from angry citizens. Coleman pushed through $100,000 for "office space" and the city signed a 3 year lease for something that could have been set up in the old library or part of that half million dollar renovation they now call the public works building. Also remember the cool $Million$ that was overspent on the CVS project or the fact that the City sold the Ridgecrest property at a loss to that same developer who they in turn blessed with $300,000 in CID money to boost their bottom line! The Farmer's Market is fully funded by the City. The Pomme Creek Golf course LOSES $200,000 per year! The recreation center isn't even close to breaking even and still that old Dixon property that we paid $500,000 for sits there only bringing in $750 per month! As a business person or individual investor, if you only got $750 per month on a half million dollar investment you would go broke!
You must also take into consideration all of the money paid out unnecessarily like the $55,000 that was paid to Director Boone when her complaint was clearly rejected by the MCHR and she never bothered to file a suit against the city, They just gave that away!
Then we continue to keep the Chief of Police on when he admittedly broke the local ordinance, state law, the Constitution, city policy and the Police Department general orders. I think after paying out two lawsuits for charges of sexual harassment in which he was named that would be a no brainer. Or the fact that HE HIRED, yes I said HE HIRED his son-in-law and is in direct supervision of his son-in-law on the Arnold police force. They just enforce the law, they don't have to abide by it.
Now they want to take away the health benefits of the guys that actually DO uphold the law around here....what a joke.
ArnoldCC

United States

#2 Aug 3, 2014
And who is your word on the street?
Doris Borgelt

Kansas City, MO

#3 Aug 3, 2014
ArnoldCC wrote:
And who is your word on the street?
go such an egg you rwit.
ArnoldCC

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2014
Whatever. I'll take that as no source. Until you divulge it then everyone can think the same.
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Aug 4, 2014
She reveals only to those she deems worthy, which are none, because all are below her, the almighty Doris. Worship thou, and beg for mercy!!!!
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#6 Aug 4, 2014
That's OK, you two can stick your heads in the sand. The meeting is at 8:30 tomorrow morning, 3pm, then an additional separate one for the police department and one is being conducted at 2 today at the Arnold Rec Center.
I don't have to tell either one of you twits who told me, they are facts and I have the memos.....
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Aug 4, 2014
Doris Borgelt wrote:
<quoted text>go such an egg you rwit.
And it's "suck", not "such". If you are going to insult someone, at least check your spelling.
ArnoldCC

United States

#8 Aug 4, 2014
I would have to ask how you got the memos then. Wouldn't that be confidential information until the city employees are informed? Is there a leak at city hall? At least it would be common courtesy is which you seem to know nothing about to me. Instead this gets published caused a whole bunch of people possibly unnecessary worry.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#9 Aug 4, 2014
Couldn't see in the sunlight and didn't have my cheaters on, but I think you both got the drift...by the way, the memos are posted on my Facebook page.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#10 Aug 4, 2014
ArnoldCC wrote:
I would have to ask how you got the memos then. Wouldn't that be confidential information until the city employees are informed? Is there a leak at city hall? At least it would be common courtesy is which you seem to know nothing about to me. Instead this gets published caused a whole bunch of people possibly unnecessary worry.
I'll tell you again, go suck an egg, twit!(Is that better, Dennis?) Don't ask me for anything, nothing, nada, zilch. Keep busy jumping to conclusions as you always do. The news of this shortage/shortfall needs to come out before the election tomorrow. And it will.
ArnoldCC

United States

#11 Aug 4, 2014
And what election will it have an impact on. Nothing is happening in the city election. Sheesh.

If you can't be transparent when you're a citizen and you treat people like this why should people ever want you back on the council or anyone you associate with? Didn't Boyer run one of your campaigns?
offcourse

Saint Charles, MO

#12 Aug 4, 2014
Doris is correct on almost everything but it's not necessarily some sort of evil plot. It seems that nearly all of our public agencies overspend. It's not their money. They want to have a positive impact on the City and everyone has their own pet projects. The tendency for all boards and city councils is to say yes to each others proposals. No one wants to be the person who says "that's a bad idea, let's not do it". Some of the issues seem really stupid like the lawsuit payoffs, but other issues appear to be well intended like the golf course and recreation complex. Perhaps better investigation and realistic analysis needs to be employed before entering into some of these projects. Don't do it just because it sounds good, make sure the $$$ work first. Unfortunately this takes time and effort. Maybe the Council just needs to say NO more often.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#13 Aug 4, 2014
ArnoldCC wrote:
And what election will it have an impact on. Nothing is happening in the city election. Sheesh.
If you can't be transparent when you're a citizen and you treat people like this why should people ever want you back on the council or anyone you associate with? Didn't Boyer run one of your campaigns?
Oh see, that's where you are way, way off base. I do not consider you a normal person. You have issues and it's not my job to appease you coming from the private or public sector. There aren't enough screwdrivers to tighten all that is loose on you. Now, can you stick to the subject, which I might add IS NOT ME, or are you still so obsessed with me that you can't help yourself? You absence from here was duly noted, guess you must have stopped taking your medication so now you're back. Whatever.
ArnoldCC

United States

#14 Aug 4, 2014
Who was following who at the city park? Oh yeah....that was you following me....into the woods.

I asked a question that had nothing to do with you. What does this have to do with the city elections? There isn't one this time.

You keep trying to paint that picture. I don't need any meds and have proven it. But then usually the accuser is the one that has the condition from my personal experience.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#15 Aug 4, 2014
This looney tunes thinks I have time or the inclination to follow her into the woods! Hahahahahaha!!!! Wishful thinking on her part, I guess. Anybody that reads this with any regularity is well aware of you need for medication, no one even has to tell them....Now back to the shortage that was caused the the current corrupt city council and the person they are touting as such a wonderful leader....someone needs to ask his elected city officials that have wholeheartedly endorsed him...if Jason jumped off a bridge would you follow him? Please......:)
If he was doing such a wonderful job leading, would they be suffering this $2.5 million dollar shortage/shortfall? If they didn't find a million to give Raven Development for their cost overruns due to not being vigilant in their oversight of project costs, they'd only be 1.5 million short. If they didn't give Mary Elizabeth $100,000 for her little business leasing projects, they'd only be 1.4 million short. If Michigan Ave had been done right the first time instead of having to be done over, we would only be .6 million short, if they hadn't given certain people their sewer assesment and bridge assessment money back for no apparent good reason, they'd only be a half million short. If the golf course wasn't bleeding $200,000 per year, they'd only be $300,000 short. If our insurance premiums and claims weren't going up due to the harebrained actions of the current corrupt city council, they would not be short at all!
ArnoldCC

United States

#16 Aug 4, 2014
Now, questions still outstanding that Doris has not answered.

1. Who is the word on the street?
2. Who supplied her the memos?
3. Is there a leak at city hall?
4. Why won't Doris provide a link to the memos on here through that scribd account she likes so much?
Matt Hay

United States

#17 Aug 4, 2014
ArnoldCC wrote:
Now, questions still outstanding that Doris has not answered.
1. Who is the word on the street?
2. Who supplied her the memos?
3. Is there a leak at city hall?
4. Why won't Doris provide a link to the memos on here through that scribd account she likes so much?
Why do you always shoot the messenger? Perhaps that is the problem with Arnold voters. They discount the message because of the messenger, even when they know the message is correct. It is like ostrich syndrome. "I do not like you, so therefore, no matter what it is you say, it must be a lie" As the Communists and moral relativists say, "Perception defines reality"......

Just because you dislike someone, that does not make their information wrong, it just makes you look foolish for denying as much in the face of overwhelming facts and evidence.

Just like the issue of Safety Checkpoints. The fact of the matter cannot be more clear, no matter how convoluted you try to make it. 2.5 million is a lot of money for a City with a 16 million dollar budget. Most private sector employees would be fired on the spot for exceeding their budget in such a fashion. Interesting that they did not seem to see this coming at the 6 month budget review, whose entire purpose is to prevent this from happening.
Libel

Lockhart, TX

#18 Aug 4, 2014
Isn't accusing someone of a mental disorder (needing meds) is libel? The Bakers were in the paper for calling opponents "nut bags." How is your comment different?
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#19 Aug 4, 2014
Anonymous people cannot claim libel...that's not how it works. Besides it's clear that medication is needed, if you don't that that bat is nuttier than a fruitcake you must be her alter ego.
ArnoldCC

United States

#20 Aug 4, 2014
Matt Hay posted my name clearly with the posts with my alias on another site divulging my true identity. And it was on Doris' site. So it appears I am not anonymous thanks to Mr. Hay and Doris.

And medication is not needed in this case and never has been. But you go on and keep trying to paint that picture.

And Doris, I have the screen shot of the post you made where you admitted the park incident and to know I was there you would have had to have followed me into the woods. Wish to redact that statement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Westward trails May 20 Mr Experience 2
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) May 19 auditboy 1,404
Officer Dan Maddocks passing (Nov '10) May 16 Walt Glaeser 41
voyeurs May 13 licker 3
News Bella Villa police chief faces 3rd abuse claim (Oct '06) May 12 Right Side 352
Ugly May 11 Read this hose bag 1
fenton strippers May 10 Tom_Petty 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arnold Mortgages