Can You Help a Disabled Veteran Neighbor?

Sep 5, 2013 Full story: Patch.com 7

Arnold Patch reader Stacy Breeher is looking for help removing sand bags from behind the home of an Arnold veteran.

Read more
Thank you for the help

Imperial, MO

#1 Sep 8, 2013
I would like to thank Ward 2 Councilwoman and her husband and the rest of the community a total of five people for coming out to help this man. Also, I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to our next County Councilman for our district Charles Huey for not only coming out during the flood and helping ,but coming out for the past two day and for keeping his word to the people of his district.
Concerned Citizen

Rhinebeck, NY

#2 Sep 9, 2013
Thank you for the help wrote:
I would like to thank Ward 2 Councilwoman and her husband and the rest of the community a total of five people for coming out to help this man. Also, I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to our next County Councilman for our district Charles Huey for not only coming out during the flood and helping ,but coming out for the past two day and for keeping his word to the people of his district.
Did they get all the sand bags out?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3 Sep 9, 2013
I hope so because it isn't safe to be working in this heat today.
Michelle Hohmeier

Arnold, MO

#4 Sep 9, 2013
We did not get all the sandbags out. The group worked until a little after 12 on Saturday, but weren't able to finish the job.

My nephew and some of his buddies from Fox will be heading over there tomorrow after school about 4p and on Wednesday at the same time to see what they can do.

If anyone can lend a hand on either of these two days, please come by.

If we don't get the job done in the next two days, we'll be looking for help again on Saturday morning.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 9, 2013
Michelle Hohmeier wrote:
We did not get all the sandbags out. The group worked until a little after 12 on Saturday, but weren't able to finish the job.

My nephew and some of his buddies from Fox will be heading over there tomorrow after school about 4p and on Wednesday at the same time to see what they can do.

If anyone can lend a hand on either of these two days, please come by.

If we don't get the job done in the next two days, we'll be looking for help again on Saturday morning.
You might want to contact AB and see if they will donate water. It's going to be dangerously hot and someone should make sure the volunteers stay hydrated. Also, make everyone aware of the signs of heat exhaustion so they can keep an eye on each other.
Bob Hohmeier

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Sep 10, 2013
Arnold Cafe will be donating pizzas and Jeffco Liquor will be donating non alcoholic beverages for the workers this afternoon. Please be sure to thank them for their support!

Location hidden

#7 Sep 10, 2013
It's nice to see the local business helping out in this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 10 hr Eileen 1,219
Elementary Principal 13 hr what's up with that 7
value village 16 hr Ebay Seller 3
Payphone Question 20 hr Payphones 2
Where's Doris? Fri HoneyBooBoo 21
is it time for Imperial to be its own municipal... Mar 26 Not That Foolish 4
Sherry Poppen for BOE Mar 24 WOW 55
Arnold Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web