Ron Counts and Others

Ron Counts and Others

Posted in the Arnold Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 4, 2009
Ran across information about Ron Counts today in an add he has for Mayor.

It says," Ron's Commitment: Stop Eminent Domain Abuses against private Property, Eliminate Taxes Disguised as Fees, No Tax Increase without a vote of the People. Ron's Promise: Open all city records to the public, Fund the city budget without assessing additional fees, Give tax payers a voice at City Hall."

I see that Rich Simpson is his treasurer. He is also endorsed by Dr. Homer Tourkakis.

While I am reading that "Don't Tread on Me!" is supporting Ron Counts for Mayor, Sal Regna for Ward 1, and Jason Connell for Ward 4, I cannot help but notice that no candidate was endorsed for Ward 3.

Still, Mr. Sullivan does have and add, and what appears to be a little article in the paper about him.

Back to Mr.Counts. According to the add, Ron has the background. If you look in your local Rock Newspaper this month, you will find the add.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 4, 2009
ArnoldCC wrote:
Maybe you could also fairly mention that the other candidate in Ward 3 is Mr. Lindsley.
You just did.

However, if you want me to be fair and mention everybody, I would have to mention Phil, Randy, and Butch. They were also not mentioned in the adds that I talked about, so I did not mention their names.

Now I have.

Since: Mar 08

Arnold Mo.

#4 Mar 4, 2009
Vinny63010 wrote:
While I am reading that "Don't Tread on Me!" is supporting Ron Counts for Mayor, Sal Regna for Ward 1, and Jason Connell for Ward 4, I cannot help but notice that no candidate was endorsed for Ward 3.
I'm sure the fact that Bob L. was not mentioned in the group DTOM is supporting must have been an over site on DTOM's part on or the paper accidently left his name off the list.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#5 Mar 5, 2009
Shirlav wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the fact that Bob L. was not mentioned in the group DTOM is supporting must have been an over site on DTOM's part on or the paper accidently left his name off the list.
I would be willing to bet there was no accident in leaving Bob out. His name is not in the paper, but Mr.Sullivan is in it twice. No, does not seem like an accident.
Wonder Who

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Mar 5, 2009
I heard that someone may be filing as a write-in candidate in one of the wards. Wonder which one that would be. Maybe someone in ward 2 is having second thoughts? Or maybe someone in ward 1 is?
Doris Borgelt

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Mar 5, 2009
Mr. Sullivan took out two ads(not adds) in the Rock. Mr. Lindsley is not officially endorsed, but is the preferred candidate. Mr. Sullivan is definitely NOT ENDORSED by Don't Tread On Me!

Since: Mar 08

Arnold Mo.

#8 Mar 5, 2009
Maybe the DTOM group is not backing Bob and he is taking the middle ground running on his own. Since no one from the DTOM has commented on this I assume they are not backing Bob.

Wonder Who talks of the possibility of someone running as a write in candidate in Ward 1 or 2. If anyone plans on doing so they need to get the word out as time is running short and generally write-ins do not win.

Since: Mar 08

Arnold Mo.

#9 Mar 5, 2009
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Mr. Sullivan took out two ads(not adds) in the Rock. Mr. Lindsley is not officially endorsed, but is the preferred candidate. Mr. Sullivan is definitely NOT ENDORSED by Don't Tread On Me!
Thanks Doris I thought the DTOM group was going to endorse Bob.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#10 Mar 5, 2009
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Mr. Sullivan took out two ads(not adds) in the Rock. Mr. Lindsley is not officially endorsed, but is the preferred candidate. Mr. Sullivan is definitely NOT ENDORSED by Don't Tread On Me!
MR Sullivan may have taken out two adds. However, the second in the Rock is written like an article, the same as the second for Mr. Palmer. There is not information saying who paid for it if it was a purchased add, or saying to vote for him.

With Mr. Sullivan being with the school for so long, and the owner of the Rock having been a school board member, I would have thought that the article may have been written in support of Mr. Sullivan by the owner of the Rock. It looks like an endorsement.

Do you know for sure that Mr. Sullivan paid for the second? If so, and I ask how?
Doris Borgelt

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Mar 5, 2009
Dave, can you at least TRY to spell things the right way? ITS AD, NOT ADD or maybe you have ADD. The second one may or may not be an ad. There are many ads that do not say they are ads, but usually a political ad says it is paid for by XXX. I will check with Ron Clark. Oh, Dave, by the way, I do talk to people in person and on the phone, I do have a life outside of the internet so there are a LOT of things I know and maybe I'll tell you and maybe I won't, it just depends.....

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12 Mar 5, 2009
Doris,

I could care less who you talk with in person or on the phone. It really has nothing to do with the conversation. You had stated
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Mr. Sullivan took out two ads(not adds) in the Rock.
I wanted to know if this was something you knew for a fact, or were just putting stuff out there again that you were just making. You have answered that with the following statement
Doris Borgelt wrote:
The second one may or may not be an ad. There are many ads that do not say they are ads, but usually a political ad says it is paid for by XXX. I will check with Ron Clark.
You go ahead and check with Ron. Maybe it was paid for, but it does not look that way. To me it seems as if the Rock is backing both Mr. Sullivan and Mr. Palmer.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#13 Mar 5, 2009
Why wouldn't DTOM support Bob? If they are against Mr. Sullivan, it would seem like the obvious thing to do.
Doris Borgelt

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Mar 5, 2009
We do support Bob, I was just with him a half hour ago, there is a difference between support and endorse. Look it up in the dictionary.

Since: Mar 08

Arnold Mo.

#15 Mar 5, 2009
According to my dictionary support is a synonym of endorsement. So endorse and support seem to mean the same thing.

2 a: to approve openly <endorse an idea> ; especially : to express support or approval of publicly and definitely <endorse a mayoral candidate>

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#16 Mar 5, 2009
Doris Borgelt wrote:
We do support Bob, I was just with him a half hour ago, there is a difference between support and endorse. Look it up in the dictionary.
Ok, I have looked it up like you say, but find little difference between support and endorse. What difference are you taking about, as the following information indicates they really are the same as to the political meaning.

One might mean you help on the qt, while the other means you do it in public.

From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/endorse

enĚdorse
4. To give approval of or support to, especially by public statement; sanction: endorse a political candidate. See Synonyms at approve.

supĚport
7.
a. To aid the cause, policy, or interests of: supported her in her election campaign.
b. To argue in favor of; advocate: supported lower taxes.

It is interesting to note that support and endorse
are so similar that support is listed as a synonym of endorse in on the dictionary page. Also, when looking up support, we find endorsed listed as a synonym for support.

3.support - be behind; approve of; "He plumped for the Labor Party"; "I backed Kennedy in 1960"
back, endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#17 Mar 5, 2009
Doris Borgelt wrote:
We do support Bob, I was just with him a half hour ago, there is a difference between support and endorse. Look it up in the dictionary.
OH, look at that. Two people looked it up and came to the same conclusion.

Let me make it a little simpler.

Support means to back someone.
Endorse means to say tell people you back them.

So, to say you support but do not endorse really does not work, because by simply saying you are supporting him, you are endorsing him.

The question would be, are you in a position with DTOM to make that endorsement for them, or was that just your personal endorsement?
Nick V

Gravois Mills, MO

#19 Mar 5, 2009
I think the question is here, obviously DTOM has endorsed some candidates. You say you support him, why not an endorsement?
Nick V

Gravois Mills, MO

#20 Mar 6, 2009
And no, that is not a sarcastic question, it is simply a question.
Doris Borgelt

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Mar 6, 2009
Dave,
There you go referring to yourself in third person again. I'm glad you have attained the skill required to use a dictionary, now move forward to your present age and exercise some common sense, will you?
Nick,
I will leave your question unanswered. Hopefully Mr. Lindsley will receive endorsements from the individual locals and usurp the blanket endorsements the group of "ins" has received. 1455 has withheld thier support of the Labor Club, hopefully others will follow suit.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#22 Mar 6, 2009
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Dave,
There you go referring to yourself in third person again. I'm glad you have attained the skill required to use a dictionary, now move forward to your present age and exercise some common sense, will you?
Nick,
I will leave your question unanswered. Hopefully Mr. Lindsley will receive endorsements from the individual locals and usurp the blanket endorsements the group of "ins" has received. 1455 has withheld thier support of the Labor Club, hopefully others will follow suit.
Doris,

There you go again, avoiding the fact that you were wrong about the meaning of the two words. Avoiding the fact that you made a claim about Mr. Sullivan purchasing two ads prior to ever having facts, and avoiding the fact you walk around most of the time singing "If I only had a Brain."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sportsworld Screen Printing Out Of Business? 16 hr Jim 3
Illegals (May '10) Mon Pizzarat 69
Telegraph road speed limit Mon luvhockey 4
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Mon cleanhouse 1,269
Traffic Camera Ticket - Need Advice (May '10) Mon Eileen 52
25 people Arrested on Federal Meth Charges (Sep '13) May 26 been there 41
Fox C-6 Outlandish Lunch Debts May 25 ArnoldCC 18
More from around the web

Arnold People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]