Fellow Arnolian

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

What's the scoop on this latest act of violence? According to the paper, someone was shot and killed (?). How awful...
Shirlav

Pevely, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

I haven't heard of any shootings in Arnold however the young man who was killed at Steak n Shake according to the news was from Arnold.
Get the Facts

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

I have been unable to verify this. I think you may not have any basis in fact for this post. As far as Mr. Gerstner goes, he didn't even in Arnold, he lived in Pevely according to his child's mother.
gotsomefacts

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Here's some basis.... check your facts again.

http://www.kmov.com/localnews/stories/kmov-st...
Fellow Arnolian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

According to news reports, Mr. Gerstner (the Steak 'N Shake victim) lived in Arnold but his daughter lives in Pevely with her mother.

However, the incident I was questioning was an article I read on STLTODAY.com (today). There was a 41 year-old man who was shot and killed in Arnold (Meramec Valley Apartments). The website stated that the victim's name had not yet been released, pending notification of relatives.
Fellow Arnolian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Judged:

NEW: Arnold man dies in apartment complex shooting

By Trish Wallace
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:08 AM CST

An Arnold man is dead after a shooting at an apartment complex in the city late Tuesday.

Police received a call of a fight at the Meramec Valley Apartments at 9:40 p.m. Tuesday. When police arrived at the scene at Telegraph Road and Causeway Drive, they discovered a 41-year-old man had been shot after an argument.

The victim was transported to St. Anthonyís Medical Center where he later died.

Two people of interest were detained and are being interviewed by police. The case is still under investigation by the Arnold Police Departmentís Criminal Investigation Unit.

The name of the victim is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Shirlav

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

Judged:

Fellow Arnolian wrote:
NEW: Arnold man dies in apartment complex shooting
By Trish Wallace
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:08 AM CST
An Arnold man is dead after a shooting at an apartment complex in the city late Tuesday.
Police received a call of a fight at the Meramec Valley Apartments at 9:40 p.m. Tuesday. When police arrived at the scene at Telegraph Road and Causeway Drive, they discovered a 41-year-old man had been shot after an argument.
The victim was transported to St. Anthonyís Medical Center where he later died.
Two people of interest were detained and are being interviewed by police. The case is still under investigation by the Arnold Police Departmentís Criminal Investigation Unit.
The name of the victim is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Thanks for the info as I hadn't heard about this.
I also just recently checked the sexual offender list from Hillsboro and learned that there is one person on the list from Bayshore and about 7 on the list with addresses on Airglades which I imagine is the apartments across from Bayshore.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

According to sources, the man was beaten with his own gun and he was set up for robbery of his precription pain medicine.
Fellow Arnolian

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Was the victim's name ever released?
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Not that I know of, according to sources he doesn't have any relatives, but he has been positively identified.
Shirlav

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

There was an article in the Post yesterday I believe giving the gentlemans name and it also stated that in a day or two he would have turned 42.
Shirlav

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Fellow Arnolian wrote:
Was the victim's name ever released?
According to ArnoldBuzz the gentlemans name was Donald Leftridge and he was to celebrate his 42 birthday in 3 days.

Not sure about family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Arnold Forum right now

Search the Arnold Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 23 min Obama Bitches 95,809
Five Men Arrested Following Brawl Outside Arnol... (May '13) 2 hr Looking for advice 9
County Executive 3 hr Funny 19
Who are you voting for in the Jefferson County ... 3 hr Case Price 9
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 21 hr Tim 160
The Tilted Kilt (Feb '09) 22 hr Toshh 211
Feral Cats Wed American_Jihad 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Arnold Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000