Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

my heart and prayers goes out to the family and people should not bring up the bad mistakes people have made. no one is perfect. can any one on here cast the first stone? i think not!!!!!!! everytime i would see alex no matter were i was at he would speak. he was just a kid and his life was cut short. so please people keep things nice.
in tears

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

i agree, but if you have ever been a mom or a dad even if the child does wrong WE stand in front of them or beside them or right behind them. we are all guilty of that if you are a mom or dad. because i done things that were wrong and now my son doesnt go by the book. but like i said my heart goes out to the family. i cant say i feel your pain because being a mother i never want to feel that. i hope god helps you through it all and i would do anything to help if needed. everyone remember this is a child just because he was 18 didnt make him a man in daddy's eyes. becareful with the words you use because if this was happing to you, you wouldnt want hurt like this. its bad enough..
thisisrediculous

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

alex, may have not maybe some of the best decisions in his life, however he didn't deserve to die the way he did. he should have finished living a long and happy life. to me his life should have just began not end. this whole ordeal is a mess and my opinion is that if someone was there and i am not saying there was, but IF there was they should forward and say because he shouldn't have been left by his self. i have heard so many different stories, but the only thing that i really care about is letting this all go, because everything is done and over with now. alex, is someone no one will ever forget!
who knows

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

thisisrediculous wrote:
alex, may have not maybe some of the best decisions in his life, however he didn't deserve to die the way he did. he should have finished living a long and happy life. to me his life should have just began not end. this whole ordeal is a mess and my opinion is that if someone was there and i am not saying there was, but IF there was they should forward and say because he shouldn't have been left by his self. i have heard so many different stories, but the only thing that i really care about is letting this all go, because everything is done and over with now. alex, is someone no one will ever forget!
you are right. If someone was with him they need to come foward. That would be wrong of them if they were with the to just leave him there like that. If you were his friend at all you would let someone know. Alex deserves that.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

I saw the obituary today, but it doesn't say when the services will be... i will be in town this weekend and I want to go and pay my respects. Alex was my buddy... :(

“Jessica”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

My prayers go out 2 the Honaker Family,Me and Alex had some good times together,he stopped at my house several times after I lost my brother,him and some of his friends was the ones I spent my birthday with or I would have spent it alone,I know what his family is going thru,and its going to be very togh 4 them,it never gets easier!!God bless them all during this tragic time,lets just keep them in our prayers!!
sherri jarrell

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Pettry Bottom Girl wrote:
I saw the obituary today, but it doesn't say when the services will be... i will be in town this weekend and I want to go and pay my respects. Alex was my buddy...:(
it is tomm at 2:00

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Is that the wake or the funeral? I won't be there until Friday... Where are they going to bury him?
thisisrediculous

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

its not for everyone, it is a private service! so respect there wishes and just leave them to their selves.
coal river girl

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

thisisrediculous wrote:
its not for everyone, it is a private service! so respect there wishes and just leave them to their selves.
whatever
Susan Canterbury

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

Tracy and Tammy;

I doubt that you ever get on this site...I don't blame you at all for that! Armstrong's do not have a web address that I can post my condolences, and it's very important to me that you know that I am crushed about the loss of your son. As a parent, it would absolutely be the worst pain one could endure...my heart is broken that such good people have to suffer this tragic loss to your family, and our community! If I can ever be of ANY help...please call! Now is the time to draw together and lean on each other and your family for help. As a mother, I grieve with you. Alex was a "shiner"...and will be remembered fondly. My sincerest condolences.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Judged:

thisisrediculous wrote:
I never said I was gonna crash it, I said I would like to pay my respects because Alex was my friend; which is why I asked where they are burying him because I could go there and say my goodbyes.

This is the problem, you undereducated rednecks get defensive even when someone is trying to be nice...
thisisrediculous

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Judged:

excuse me but i wasn't getting defensive, alex was my cousin, and all i was saying was that it was going to be a private serivce. i never said anyone was going to crash it. they are burying him in the honaker family cemetery in arnett.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Well, when people use !!! at the ends of sentences, it implies strong emphasis and taken in the context of web based forums, it could be misconstrued as hatefulness... Which is how I took it.

I totally respect that this service is for the family and I won't even be in town today anyway. I will pay my respects to my friend when I come home on my own time.

I know that his family is hurting and don't want a bunch of random people showing up. I fully respect that.
will be praying

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

i will be praying for your family today know what you going thur my prayers are with all of you
3 posts removed
Susan Canterbury

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

feel terrible wrote:
This is a terrible thing that has happend. I was very sorry to hear what had happened. BUT, with everyone talking about James Cook being in the car and how terrible it is that he left Alex in the car and ran away. It brings back memories for me of another terrible incident. If memory serves, Tracy Honaker was drinking and driving a feiro with Eric Kid when they crashed at MT View curve throwing Eric out of the car and then the car landed on top of him killing him. Tracy ran from the scene. The Kid family lost their young son that day. We all have our skeletons in the closets, so before we start going down the road of rumors and how terrible someone is for running from the scene, lets take a step back and think about the shoe being on the other foot. Losing someone dear is always a sad thing to endure. Everyone is someone's child.
I don't know who you are....but you have taken this trashy web-site to a whole new low! A CHILD HAS BEEN LOST...we are all DEVASTATED...except people like yourself who THRIVE on TRASH! I PRAY JERRY and KAYE and TRACY and TAMMY don't read this...for the additional HEARTBREAK it would cause! I GUARNTEE KAYE KIDD is at home grieving for the loss of another of our children taken by RT. 3. I hope you never suffer a loss, and you read in public forum that vultures like yourself trying to drag your name through the shredder! I know I'll do what I can to get this site removed to prevent any more hurt...and for those of you who may know how to do it...help me. These families and our community have suffered enough without dumbasses like yourself adding to their pain and suffering!
who knows

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

get_it_right wrote:
<quoted text>
All this site is good for is gossiping, lying, and causing trouble. If we're going to start trying to cause trouble, let's at least get our stories right. If my memory serves me right, you're right about Tracy, he did run after the accident that night 20 some years ago. He ran all the way back to the bar to get help trying to get the victim out. And this is definitely not the time, nor the place to bring up something like that right now. In fact, NO time is the right time. Let Tracy, Tammy, Davy, Gladys and the rest Al's family and friends grieve in peace and without this bullshit. This page should be used as a condolence page, not a "hmm, lets see how much more trouble, heart ache and hurt I can add to these people right now when they least need it." This whole site needs to be completely deleted. Not just this topic, but the WHOLE STINKING SITE!!!
Amen to that. Thats right he went to go get Help. Thats what REAL friends do. You cant say that this time. If What they say is true and James Cook was in the car he sure did not go get help did he? Where did he run to? what did he do? Is that a friend? This is someone trying to start trouble and bring up the past on someone that does not even need to be brought up. The Honakers do not needed the added heartache right now. They are going though enough.
Truthfully has anyone seen or heard from James cook since this has happened? Does anyone know if he is hurt or not? These are questions we should be asking so the family can have some peace.
The Kidds know what happened years ago. we dont need to bring this up. that is done. the question now is. Was James Cook in the car?
hurting

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

I agree with you Susan they need to quit getting on here and tryin to cause more heart ache.I know the Honaker's very well and they dont need this.The things we have done in the past need to stay in the past and I'm sure Tracy deals with what happen 20 years ago everyday thats just something you dont forget.Tracy and Tammy was good parents to Alex,and Davy and Gladys was right there to offer any kind of advise that they needed.Every parent makes mistakes its not like they hand out a book on how to raise kids.I'm sure that i have made mistakes with mine and i'm sure have also,and when our kids older and have kids of there own they will make mistakes also. Alex was a very sweet,and loving young man he will be missed by so many people.I loved Alex with all my heart. Can we just please keep Tracy,Tammy,Davy,Gladys in our thought and prayers.
So disappointed

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Susan Canterbury wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who you are....but you have taken this trashy web-site to a whole new low! A CHILD HAS BEEN LOST...we are all DEVASTATED...except people like yourself who THRIVE on TRASH! I PRAY JERRY and KAYE and TRACY and TAMMY don't read this...for the additional HEARTBREAK it would cause! I GUARNTEE KAYE KIDD is at home grieving for the loss of another of our children taken by RT. 3. I hope you never suffer a loss, and you read in public forum that vultures like yourself trying to drag your name through the shredder! I know I'll do what I can to get this site removed to prevent any more hurt...and for those of you who may know how to do it...help me. These families and our community have suffered enough without dumbasses like yourself adding to their pain and suffering!
Hello Susan,
I love the Honaker family and I can only imagine how they feel right now. I agree with your post. Anyone that is writing anything other than a condolence should be ashamed.
I don’t live around Arnett, but I visited Arnett when my grandparents were still living back in the 60’s and 70’s. When I ran across this forum last week I was excited, until I began to read what people were writing about. I was shocked by the language and the words that were being used by some of the writers.
I do not know how to get this website removed. I do know that civil law suits can be filed against people for posting false or inaccurate information that can damage a person’s reputation or bring harm to them. So people take heed, speak what you know (not what you heard), and judge not, lest ye be judged! So bullies beware, your words may come back to haunt you!
Imagine this

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. Thats right he went to go get Help. Thats what REAL friends do. You cant say that this time. If What they say is true and James Cook was in the car he sure did not go get help did he? Where did he run to? what did he do? Is that a friend? This is someone trying to start trouble and bring up the past on someone that does not even need to be brought up. The Honakers do not needed the added heartache right now. They are going though enough.
Truthfully has anyone seen or heard from James cook since this has happened? Does anyone know if he is hurt or not? These are questions we should be asking so the family can have some peace.
The Kidds know what happened years ago. we dont need to bring this up. that is done. the question now is. Was James Cook in the car?
So many people think that they have figured out what happened the night of the accident. They are asking so many questions,“why did James do this?”, or “why didn’t James do that?” Try asking yourself this one. What if we’re wrong? What if something else happened?
Apparently everyone that is accusing James Cook of running away has never considered another possibility. Let us assume that he was actually in the car at the time of the accident, as some of you have written. They are both drunk, according to what some of you have written. They hit the wall, and the car flips over throwing Alex out onto the ground, based on fact. James Cook recovers from the accident and looks around and finds himself alone. He is probably thinking that Alex ran out on him, so he runs. Now remember, we don’t even know if he was in the car, this is just another scenario based on my imagination. I know that some of you will never accept this as a possibility, but be very careful about how you accuse someone of an act before you know all of the facts. Don’t let your personal opinions affect your judgment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Arnett Discussions

Search the Arnett Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 hr bacon hater 53,605
Lennie 111 16 hr Ali 4
gold ford 17 hr mad 5
The old Hillbilly's bar location 20 hr Blue 6
billy humphreys (Jul '13) Wed Huh 87
where abouts? Wed DIRTY OLD MAN 2
Old friend Wed Here and there 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Arnett Jobs

•••