Arnaudville council, police chief trade barbs

Mar 21, 2013 Full story: dailyworld.com 64

ARNAUDVILLE -- A proposal by Police Chief Richard Mizzi to hire three new officers sparked a heated argument between the chief and several members of the Arnaudville city council at Tuesday's meeting.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concern citizen

Sunset, LA

#1 Mar 21, 2013
The Mayor and City Council needs to get off Chief Mizzi's back and let him run the police department without any interference from them.
louisiana

Sunset, LA

#2 Mar 21, 2013
He doesn't know how to run things, he needs to resign
ARNAUDVILLE

Sunset, LA

#3 Mar 21, 2013
NO ONE IS ON RICHARDS BACK. MAYBE YOU SHOULD AND A FEW OTHERS SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO TALK TO THE OFFICERS THAT WORKED/S FOR HIM. SEE HOW MANY SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT HIM. HOW CAN ALL 45 OFFICERS HE HAD BE BAD
keadh

Sunset, LA

#4 Mar 21, 2013
In reply to ARNAUDVILLE: amen!!
Digest

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Mar 22, 2013
He does get bad cops. Most of the trash that winds up here were run off from other departments. Come on its obvious. One got fired from the sheriffs office, then went to Washingtin, then to Port Barre and was fired for pulling a gun in another officer, then ran against the sheriff and got stomped. Another was run off from Port Barre for being a for misconduct and failing to perform duties, that one ran against the chief there and he too was stomped. Another shot a man that was running from him, he ran for chief in Leonville and got stomped. Another ran for chief in Arnaudville and got stomped. The rest were rejects from other agencies with bad employment histories. Seems most are bad cops that want to in charge. Ask around to these other departments where they were run off from. Arnaudville seems to be the last resort for unwanted officers. The bottom of the barrel winds up here.
nugshv

Sunset, LA

#7 Mar 22, 2013
He also gets good cops that he runs off!!
ARNAUDVILLE

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Mar 22, 2013
why dont richard tell why he left the sheriffs dept. i guess that makes him a reject to. maybe those that post stuff on here should get off their butts an be come cops since they can do a better job.
xcop

United States

#10 Mar 22, 2013
Digest wrote:
He does get bad cops. Most of the trash that winds up here were run off from other departments. Come on its obvious. One got fired from the sheriffs office, then went to Washingtin, then to Port Barre and was fired for pulling a gun in another officer, then ran against the sheriff and got stomped. Another was run off from Port Barre for being a for misconduct and failing to perform duties, that one ran against the chief there and he too was stomped. Another shot a man that was running from him, he ran for chief in Leonville and got stomped. Another ran for chief in Arnaudville and got stomped. The rest were rejects from other agencies with bad employment histories. Seems most are bad cops that want to in charge. Ask around to these other departments where they were run off from. Arnaudville seems to be the last resort for unwanted officers. The bottom of the barrel winds up here.
richard this is so you writing this crap i want to go tear up the police car like you do
haha hehe

Sunset, LA

#11 Mar 23, 2013
I say the hell with Richard and the town council. That is what the people of arnaudville wanted. This is so damn funny I pissed myself. I think Richard needs to run again, win again, and do nothing for another four years.
Believe

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Mar 24, 2013
haha hehe wrote:
I say the hell with Richard and the town council. That is what the people of arnaudville wanted. This is so damn funny I pissed myself. I think Richard needs to run again, win again, and do nothing for another four years.
This is the problem, when it comes time for election, people dont think clearly. I have not understood this for the life me. We have had some really great officers and some average. Second chances are good, we all make mistakes. The key to a successful department is continued TRAINING. Arnaudville is divided between two Parishes, their is no reason why officers are not properly trained. I really hope a qualified individual runs for Chief of Police And rocks this town that has potential.
Edward

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Believe wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the problem, when it comes time for election, people dont think clearly. I have not understood this for the life me. We have had some really great officers and some average. Second chances are good, we all make mistakes. The key to a successful department is continued TRAINING. Arnaudville is divided between two Parishes, their is no reason why officers are not properly trained. I really hope a qualified individual runs for Chief of Police And rocks this town that has potential.
Unfortunately elections in st landry parish or any parish in south louisiana is won by popularity and selfish politics. the more qualified person rarely wins. go to your local grocery stores, walmart, ball games and really take a look at the caliber of people there. yes they are the ones voting. the majority of the voting public doesnt have the understanding of consequence. most folks vote for the candidate that will fix their tickets and get them out of trouble or jury duty. come election time a significant number of voters wont show up to vote. i hear this a lot "he's gonna win by a landslide, he dont need my vote". well how the heck is someone gonna get the votes if people dont go vote?! also the incumbant has the upper hand. they've already been in office long enough to fix tickets, favors and so on. it really doesnt matter the quality of performance of duty at that point. its all in who you know and what favors the candidate can do. Unfortunately its the truth. so if you want to make a difference in your community then you'd have to get the voters to vote for the right reasons. vote for the candidate that is qualified to perform the duties of that office and not for the popularity or favora he or she will do.
concern citizen

Sunset, LA

#15 Mar 25, 2013
I have to agree with you sir. If people would take the time and vote for a qualified canidiate, and not the popular one, the town would be well ran.
Edward wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately elections in st landry parish or any parish in south louisiana is won by popularity and selfish politics. the more qualified person rarely wins. go to your local grocery stores, walmart, ball games and really take a look at the caliber of people there. yes they are the ones voting. the majority of the voting public doesnt have the understanding of consequence. most folks vote for the candidate that will fix their tickets and get them out of trouble or jury duty. come election time a significant number of voters wont show up to vote. i hear this a lot "he's gonna win by a landslide, he dont need my vote". well how the heck is someone gonna get the votes if people dont go vote?! also the incumbant has the upper hand. they've already been in office long enough to fix tickets, favors and so on. it really doesnt matter the quality of performance of duty at that point. its all in who you know and what favors the candidate can do. Unfortunately its the truth. so if you want to make a difference in your community then you'd have to get the voters to vote for the right reasons. vote for the candidate that is qualified to perform the duties of that office and not for the popularity or favora he or she will do.
citizen

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Mar 25, 2013
concern citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree with you sir. If people would take the time and vote for a qualified canidiate, and not the popular one, the town would be well ran.
Richard is not qualified nor the popular one. Mike was better then him.
concern citizen

Sunset, LA

#17 Mar 25, 2013
Richard might not be qualified nor popular as chief, but Mike was nothing but a big joke. Mike needs to go and peddle his brother-in-law's produce.
hehehaha

Sunset, LA

#18 Mar 25, 2013
I will vote for mike. He may not be the best out there, but he will at least let the officers do their jobs. You do have a bunch of idiots that vote. You fix a ticket here and there, hire someone's retard son or daughter, you in like flynn. You get elected on how good you DON'T do your job. Dont put people in jail. help them out of jail, or let them do what they want.
Hardy

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Mar 26, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Richard is not qualified nor the popular one. Mike was better then him.
Im qualified an will run for chief to better Arnaudville. Richard you are washed up an on your way out.
concern citizen

Sunset, LA

#21 Mar 26, 2013
Who are you kidding. When Mike was chief his friends and family did what hell they wanted in town. The officers would give then a ticket or would arrest them, he would either dismiss the ticket or would let the arrested person go, and make the officer look like and ass in front of the people of the town. If you vote for Mike, your a bigger idiot than he is.
hehehaha wrote:
I will vote for mike. He may not be the best out there, but he will at least let the officers do their jobs. You do have a bunch of idiots that vote. You fix a ticket here and there, hire someone's retard son or daughter, you in like flynn. You get elected on how good you DON'T do your job. Dont put people in jail. help them out of jail, or let them do what they want.
arnaudville

Church Point, LA

#22 Mar 26, 2013
Can't be any worse than Richard, he doesn't want his officers writing tickets or doesn't want anyone to be arrested.
Really

Ragley, LA

#23 Mar 26, 2013
Mike was an ass, but Richard is even bigger ass. Its true about the pay and training but the fact is Richard runs off all the good cops. Think back everyone, if u go to the town meetings Richard praising an officer, puts him up for a raise, then next thing u know Richards all over that same officer for being bad. Richard is bipolar and other things, he changes like night and day. He does not know how to do the job, no matter how you look at it. The council used to give him everything he wanted and even then he didn't do shit, now the council wants him to do his job and he is pissed. If Richard does run he will be a fool, who will vote for him? He has burned his bridges with Poppa Joe so whos left, Francis Latiolais? Richard is ALWAYS there, and yes I know this for a fact cause I see it. Richard has let this town go to shit, and it will take a hell of a person to win and get it back like it was. If you are a person that rides around , it is plain as day to see drug deals going down at 12 noon in bright daylight. The same people that are doing these deals Richard is seen talking to them time and time again. It is time for St Landry to step in or sooner or later someone will get killed if not many!
richard ass

United States

#25 Mar 26, 2013
i wondrer how many will wip his ass when is badge gomes off..i doint have no beef with him ,but i hear some do.just wondering.LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnaudville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened at Butch's (Dec '13) Fri citizan 2
Who will be the next Chief of Police of Sunset. (May '14) Dec 17 Chief 14
Who will be Arnaudville 's next chief of police Dec 15 Korma 236
Loves truck stop Dec 15 info 2
Heather Daigle Dec 6 Yes please 1
worm farms Dec 4 Worm 2
Toshia Loignon hooking (May '14) Dec 2 Fred G 18
Arnaudville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Arnaudville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Arnaudville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Arnaudville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:30 am PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:30AM
ICYMI: Ravens, Saints stumble; 3 titles to decide
NBC Sports 1:33 AM
Jones' return helps Falcons eliminate Saints, 30-14 - NBC Sports
NFL 5:05 AM
Galette: Saints locker room 'feels like a funeral'
NBC Sports 5:44 AM
Roddy White to Keenan Lewis: We just woke up out of the grave
NFL 5:46 AM
Steve Smith expects criticism from couch QBs