Convicted Sex Offenders Live Among Us

Convicted Sex Offenders Live Among Us

There are 8 comments on the WSB story from Feb 23, 2006, titled Convicted Sex Offenders Live Among Us. In it, WSB reports that:

Convicted sex offenders live among us. It's not against the law unless they live within a thousand feet of a school or a place where children gather.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSB.

Carol

Decatur, GA

#1 Mar 1, 2006
My husband is a convicted sex offender. Ten years ago, he was drinking heavily back then, he was convicted of touching a 14 year old girls butt. He went to the safeway to get a beer, paid for it and left the store. He stood in the parking lot waiting for the bus and drinking his beer. Next think he knew there were police everywhere and the girl accused him.

He was convicted because his lawyer didn't tell him what "no contest" meant. My husband believed that his lawyer was doing what was best for him so he didn't ask. He has paid for that mistake dearly.

I admit when we hear of people killing all the sex offenders because someone got hurt we get scared. I myself was raped at at the age of five. I would not wish that on anyone and believe that an answer needs to be found for dealing with violent sex offenders. I don't believe that my husband, who has had no second conviction or shown any interest in being around children in general, should be lumped in with violent sex offenders.

The reason there are so many sex offenders on the list is because it is so easy to get on the list. Unfortuatelly the ones that law enforcement officals don't have any trouble finding are the ones who you need to be worried about.

Watch your children. You are their best hope of making it to adulthood safely.
kristie2490

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Mar 1, 2006
I believe where it has been PROVEN that a man has hurt a woman or child they should NEVER see the light of day again. They should also be chemically castrated
Shaker

Lawrenceville, GA

#3 Sep 25, 2012
Carol wrote:
My husband is a convicted sex offender. Ten years ago, he was drinking heavily back then, he was convicted of touching a 14 year old girls butt. He went to the safeway to get a beer, paid for it and left the store. He stood in the parking lot waiting for the bus and drinking his beer. Next think he knew there were police everywhere and the girl accused him.
He was convicted because his lawyer didn't tell him what "no contest" meant. My husband believed that his lawyer was doing what was best for him so he didn't ask. He has paid for that mistake dearly.
I admit when we hear of people killing all the sex offenders because someone got hurt we get scared. I myself was raped at at the age of five. I would not wish that on anyone and believe that an answer needs to be found for dealing with violent sex offenders. I don't believe that my husband, who has had no second conviction or shown any interest in being around children in general, should be lumped in with violent sex offenders.
The reason there are so many sex offenders on the list is because it is so easy to get on the list. Unfortuatelly the ones that law enforcement officals don't have any trouble finding are the ones who you need to be worried about.
Watch your children. You are their best hope of making it to adulthood safely.
oh he touched it don't fool yourself
DoHa HaHa

Calhoun, GA

#4 Sep 29, 2012
Shaker wrote:
<quoted text>oh he touched it don't fool yourself
Mr/Ms Shaker,you know something about everything,so little about nothing.you are so full of Doo Doo.........

Since: Jan 13

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jan 5, 2013
Point be got sex offenders do get raw deals and those who r pediphiles get better lets look at this and say simply it don't matter to the bobtail did or didn't it matters can fight and go the distance or are they weak and break under pressure. You got to know your rights and usually the offender doesn't until conviction that's y we fight for better advocates ill bet if your husband and I had a talk he'd know what to expect and wouldst had a different outcome

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jan 5, 2013
Govt not bobtail sorry
brooky

Austin, TX

#7 Jan 6, 2013
omg gross hes a creeper

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jan 7, 2013
brooky wrote:
omg gross hes a creeper
no I'm not a creeper I'm an advocate I'm tired of the racism I and others get you wouldn't feel that way if it were you and I have more experience in Therese matters than about any one my job has me deal with both sides of the coin and beloved it or not were trained in the art of BS and we don't take a shoot em all let God sort em out attitude people want change get up off your I'm a tax payer Trojan horse and get involved with the community kicken butts don't mean get violent you don't work with these people you aren't involved with the agencies that protect you you don't get involved pay your taxes and let the big boys do their jobs without the kill em all therory keep in mind people what every public servant does is creepy the pen is mightier than the gun the gun draws bad intentions which gets the law to turn on you join us or let us do our jobs that's Mr.creepy to you mam

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Armuchee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult Circumcision (Oct '14) 8 min Charles 8
Cops all over America are murdering & falsely a... 5 hr Anna Watts 9
'12 Rules of Gay Anal Sex' written by a NIGERIAN? (Jan '15) 9 hr Gonzo 233 14
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr New york 20,648
Jason Barker 17 hr Burned 2
Trump win depate 23 hr Tolerman 5
Tanya Brown (Jul '15) Thu leland 17

Armuchee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Armuchee Mortgages