Roundabouts proposed for 172nd Street...

Roundabouts proposed for 172nd Street in Arlington

There are 4 comments on the The Herald story from Jul 17, 2009, titled Roundabouts proposed for 172nd Street in Arlington. In it, The Herald reports that:

State transportation officials want to know what you think about roundabouts. Beloved in some circles and scorned in others, roundabouts are fast becoming an alternative to traffic lights and stop signs in Western Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Herald.

victor

United States

#1 Jul 17, 2009
I hate round abouts, the worst traffic control ever, someone that don't have anything better to do but set on their big butts thought this crap up. triffic lights are the best
just1more

Dayton, VA

#2 Jul 19, 2009
I like the ones in the District of Columbia, where they are properly called circles, i.e. Dupont Circle. They provide added excitement and challenge, yet they are much larger there to the extent there are public parks in the middle and up to three or four lanes. So maybe ours are just roundabouts. A lot of horn honking, too.
222 of arlington

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#3 Sep 2, 2009
Just one more thing to screw things up even worse on 172nd.
Acme033

Camano Island, WA

#4 Sep 5, 2009
Ive lived in the UK for 8 years and returned in 2008. Roundabouts there are a normal way of the road. The problem here is that no one can figure out how to use them properly. Ive sat there while drivers go the wrong way around them, refuse to merge, or just sit there until there aren't any cars for miles before they go!!! If there were proper training and signs on how to use a roundabout, I think they would be brilliant here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marysville swingers forum (Jul '16) Feb 9 Kenny 3
News Gang concerns draw crowd in Marysville (Nov '08) Dec '16 SlickPiruBloods 15
Oso Music Thread (May '14) Nov '16 Musikologist 7
Shards of Glass Oct '16 Dmbfan 1
News Arlington WA man wins $2.3 million (Feb '08) Sep '16 Grateful Gram 3
Winco Foods (Jan '06) Sep '16 Kathryn Brown 136
News Mudslide survivors wonder: Why are we alive (Apr '14) Aug '16 Hawaii86 2

Arlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arlington Mortgages