Wash. Driver OK After Steering Wheel ...

Wash. Driver OK After Steering Wheel Pops Off

There are 25 comments on the Kdka.com story from Mar 5, 2010, titled Wash. Driver OK After Steering Wheel Pops Off. In it, Kdka.com reports that:

Share + Mar 5, 2010 7:45 am US/Eastern ARLINGTON, Wash. 1 of 1 State troopers said a man is lucky to have only minor injuries when he crashed his car into a barn after his steering wheel popped off while driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kdka.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

-yernogood

Since: Oct 09

Bushnell, FL

#23 Mar 6, 2010
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yes back then the steering wheel did disassemble simply by pop/off after you remove a pin or a set screw etc etc
Well I remember back then everything was held together with a set screw. Including ones sanity and thatÂ’s why they say some people have a loose screw.

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#24 Mar 6, 2010
Suchoked to be blogging theges.
Parden pard

Bethlehem, PA

#25 Mar 6, 2010
-yernogood wrote:
<quoted text>I can drive a thousand miles and not come across a barn, but the second my stearing wheel pops off, BAM there it is!
YEAH,!,,Ain't that a b*tch,,,,say

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#26 Mar 6, 2010
Ironing Bored.
Logic316

Ossining, NY

#27 Mar 7, 2010
That's pretty unusual. I've owned cars from the late 1970's, and a steering wheel from that era was held onto a thick steel spline both by a nut and by very strong friction. Even if the nut somehow came loose, you would normally need a special pulling tool and a wrench to force the steering wheel to come off. My guess is something was probably already wrong with it when it left the factory, and this guy probably leaned and yanked on the steering wheel way too hard when getting in and out of the car over a period of 30+ years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gang concerns draw crowd in Marysville (Nov '08) Dec 17 SlickPiruBloods 15
Oso Music Thread (May '14) Nov '16 Musikologist 7
Shards of Glass Oct '16 Dmbfan 1
News Arlington WA man wins $2.3 million (Feb '08) Sep '16 Grateful Gram 3
Winco Foods (Jan '06) Sep '16 Kathryn Brown 136
News Mudslide survivors wonder: Why are we alive (Apr '14) Aug '16 Hawaii86 2
Marysville swingers forum Jul '16 Sethorin99 1

Arlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance