|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Citizens beware ! Bouvry Exports has applied
for a food inspection service permit for the
old Florence meat packing plant near you.
Plans may be in the works to resume horse
slaughter in your area. Please do not allow
this awful practice to resume on U.S. soil !
Check into the facts about this before your
community gets blindsided like they tried to
do to ours in Missouri.
License

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

wow
Camano Resident

Camano Island, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

I moved here about 3 years ago and have noticed that every year there are a few pastures that slowly add horses all summer, then right about this time of year they all disappear over night. Are there people around here that store horses for shipping to Canada for slaughter? One pasture is on South Camano Road in the Country Club area and another on the main road off the island.

People need to STOP BREEDING THEIR HORSES!! There is no exuse or need to make new horses when we have so many that need homes and it is such an easy cheap procedure to have every male horse gelded.

I own a horse that has been in my family for 24 years and pay hundreds of dollars every month to board him in a facility that he will be in for the rest of his life because my family owned his parents. It's not easy coming up with the $$ every month but when he was bred, we knew that his life span was 30 years...as does every selfish idiot who breds a mare.

If you cant commit to 30++ years of care, dont breed your mare.
EVERYBODY RE POST THIS

Camano Island, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Write, call, email, or fax your Congress persons. Tell your representative that you want to see him or her support H. R. 2996 The Prevention of Horse Slaughter Act of 2011 sponsored by Indiana Congressman Dan Burton. Tell your senators that you want them to support S 1776, the Senate version of the Horse Slaughter Prevention Act sponsored by Senator Mary Landrieu.
If you have children, you can have them write letters and send them to the Children’s Letter Writing Campaign, A Million Horse March being conducted by Jo-Claire Concoran with the Equine Welfare Alliance. Your letters are needed by March 20, and will be delivered to Congress on March 27.
If your Senators are willing to help sponsor either the House or the Senate Bill it would hasten the process of getting the bills through committee and to the floor for a vote. The horses are facing some powerful political forces. Senator Reid supports horse slaughter, so it will take a large number of Senator sponsors to get that bill through committee to the floor.
Our voices count.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Arlington Discussions

Search the Arlington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jun 26 Elise Gingrich 708
Gang concerns draw crowd in Marysville (Nov '08) Jun 24 curious8 14
Oso Music Thread Jun 17 Musikologist 2
City wants down town Stanwood to look like Mill... (Aug '13) Jun '14 Scott 2
Matt Tyner (May '13) Apr '14 Frank Alverson 6
Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats Apr '14 well 6
Mudslide survivors wonder: Why are we alive Apr '14 MIKETOUHY 1
•••
•••

Arlington News Video

•••
•••

Arlington Jobs