Clevonta Reynolds was shot and killed...

Clevonta Reynolds was shot and killed by am off-duty Houston police officer.

There are 262 comments on the CBS 11 story from Apr 20, 2010, titled Clevonta Reynolds was shot and killed by am off-duty Houston police officer.. In it, CBS 11 reports that:

Share + Apr 20, 2010 4:55 pm US/Central Reporting Stephanie Lucero ARLINGTON Houston Police Officer Rafael Baez shot 18-year-old Clevonta Reynolds six times Monday during a melee in a southeast Arlington neighborhood, according to findings from the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 11.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
hayes

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Apr 21, 2010
Who are you to judge this young man & his brother calling then worthless idiots, apparently you must be the idiot because in my eyes the young man didnt have to die wether he was in the right or wrong. The officer is a 16 year veteran who shoulda known what procedures to take and this basically was a situation that he went overboard because he could have easily called for backup because it wasnt like clevonta was brandishing the weapon. I known clevonta to be a very respectful young man so regardless of your opinion about him it was an officer/ Adult who didnt handle the situation appropriately! He didnt have to die, & when you unload a clip in someone you are aiming to kill. Protect n serve i feel sorry for houston!
freebird

Azle, TX

#4 Apr 21, 2010
TOOK 3 SHOTS TO SEND THIS THUG TO THE OTHER SIDE,PITY I FEEL IS FOR THIS IDIOTS FAMILY,ANY OTHER CHILDREN LEFT?NEED TO KEEP THEM OUT OF THE GENE POOL!!!!!!!!!!
beezy

Mansfield, TX

#5 Apr 21, 2010
thats not cool at all wat yall saying bout clevonte yall heartless and nun of yalll no him personally hes a cool dude ok he was at the wrong place at the wrong time but that dosnt mean u should take his life never the less another mothers son .. wat if it was ur son or daughter?? so to me yall the real idiots.so next time u wana sepeculate sum buulshit frm the story u heard try to put ur selfs in their famliys shoes........
Quincy Carter

Mansfield, TX

#6 Apr 21, 2010
I go to summit high school and dint know Clevonta Reynolds but who ever this Barack guy is and anybody that thinks likes him is an complete idiot. Nobdy can determine when somebody should die expect the almighty. This off duty cop "Rafael Baez" that claims hisself as a good cop is definelty not. Everybody in the world knows as a cop you cant shoot people 6times including the mouth. Rafael veterean on not that was completely an over-kill, but since hes a BAD COP and a veterean for 16yrs the judge just might suspend him but thats only it. Thats whats wrong with our judical system these days. "You scratch my back and ill scratch your" All gots arent bad for the majority of them are bad cops. "Some people respect the badge, everyone respects the gun"
2 down

Rusk, TX

#7 Apr 21, 2010
he's got every right to call them idiots Hayes. They run with a gang. Play with fire and you get burned. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that there's 1 less chance of some idiot playing with guns running around my area
beezy

Mansfield, TX

#8 Apr 21, 2010
was gudd quincy bro u go hard ))) ur real hero (2down) ((frm hurst tx)) for agreein wit hayes hope u get put in a predicment like that then ull remember ur heartless stupid comment and remember this date and im calling it (april 21 2010 11:55:PM...)))
Alexis Smith_Hicks

Mansfield, TX

#9 Apr 21, 2010
Everyone who feels the need to state thier own opinions about clevonta is about to get corrected real fast! True story the officer opened fire on my friend as he ran he then continued to stand over him &&; continuously shoot him. That is beyond bombarick he then told everyone around him who tried to pick him up && take him to the hospital that they better not get near him or they wiil be shot too. This officer took the law into his own hands. It is clearly stated that any officer off duty is considered a citizen therefore that is MURDER !! anyone can try to justify it if they want but we now knoe that the law does not apply to everyone. Anyone who wishes death upon an individual should burn in hell.. We live by God &&; all this nonsense yall are speaking is not by the word of GOD .... Yooh are no better than anyone whether you be a saint or a gang banger.. So for you to say that they derserve it, you just sound beyond ignorant. what happened to justice?.. What happened to rights?.. hmmm smh thats AMERiCA for you !
freebird

Azle, TX

#10 Apr 21, 2010
Alexis Smith_Hicks wrote:
Everyone who feels the need to state thier own opinions about clevonta is about to get corrected real fast! True story the officer opened fire on my friend as he ran he then continued to stand over him &&; continuously shoot him. That is beyond bombarick he then told everyone around him who tried to pick him up && take him to the hospital that they better not get near him or they wiil be shot too. This officer took the law into his own hands. It is clearly stated that any officer off duty is considered a citizen therefore that is MURDER !! anyone can try to justify it if they want but we now knoe that the law does not apply to everyone. Anyone who wishes death upon an individual should burn in hell.. We live by God &&; all this nonsense yall are speaking is not by the word of GOD .... Yooh are no better than anyone whether you be a saint or a gang banger.. So for you to say that they derserve it, you just sound beyond ignorant. what happened to justice?.. What happened to rights?.. hmmm smh thats AMERiCA for you !
WHAT?
freebird

Azle, TX

#11 Apr 21, 2010
GHETTO JUSTICE IS WHAT HE GOT!SEEMS TO RUN IN THE FAMILY!
Meeeeeee

Dallas, TX

#12 Apr 21, 2010
Im thinking Mansfield ISD needs to get some better English teachers.

Alexis wrote; It is clearly stated that any officer off duty is considered a citizen therefore that is MURDER !!

WRONG !!!! Google is your friend. Look it up or ask your teacher (but not your english teacher).

Question: If he was running all that time, how did he get shot in the mouth like the poster said ?

~~~~~~~~~~

Heres the deal kiddos ! When it comes down to it - he went to the location with a gun. It doesnt matter why - he did it, then acted a fool. It cost his life. PERIOD, end of story.

He CHOSE to go into a situation that was bound to get nasty. The whole thing was PLANNED by a bunch of kids. He should have STAYED HOME - HIM AND HIS SISTER !!!!
That way, his family & friends wouldnt be in mourning right now. Right ?

I saw a huge amount of disrespectful kids at the intersection of Yaupon & Green Oaks before all of this happened... male, female & all colors...ALL acting like damn idiots, blocking traffic with their cars, running around in the street - like that intersection isnt dangerous enough. Every single kid there was PUMPED on adrin....it was already getting nasty.
But NOOOOOOOO....somebody wants to fight <sigh>. Ya know what, BIG FRIGGIN' DEAL !!!! GO HOME !!!!!
Every single one (except Tae) is damn lucky they made it home alive !!!!!

Kids that run the roads like FOOLS, risk getting messed up....or killed or arrested.

What is it you kids dont get ?

PARENTS: KEEP YOUR KIDS AT THE HOUSE DOING HOMEWORK OR DOING CHORES OR SPORTS OR SOMETHING !!!

IGNORE YOUR KIDS, DONT SUPERVISE THEM, THEY COULD DIE !!! OR END UP IN JAIL FOR YEARS !!!!

What is it you parents dont get ?
Meeeeeee

Dallas, TX

#13 Apr 21, 2010
Quincy Carter wrote:
"Some people respect the badge, everyone respects the gun"
Well, the teen that got shot didnt respect the gun or the badge ! FAIL !!!!
Random Stranger

Austin, TX

#14 Apr 21, 2010
Reynolds, who was a sophomore at Mansfield Summit High School, died en route to the hospital. According to Arlington police, the teen was a person known to be involved in gang activity.
ArTxRes

Haverstraw, NY

#15 Apr 21, 2010
Alexis Smith_Hicks wrote:
Everyone who feels the need to state thier own opinions about clevonta is about to get corrected real fast! True story the officer opened fire on my friend as he ran he then continued to stand over him &&; continuously shoot him. That is beyond bombarick he then told everyone around him who tried to pick him up && take him to the hospital that they better not get near him or they wiil be shot too. This officer took the law into his own hands. It is clearly stated that any officer off duty is considered a citizen therefore that is MURDER !! anyone can try to justify it if they want but we now knoe that the law does not apply to everyone. Anyone who wishes death upon an individual should burn in hell.. We live by God &&; all this nonsense yall are speaking is not by the word of GOD .... Yooh are no better than anyone whether you be a saint or a gang banger.. So for you to say that they derserve it, you just sound beyond ignorant. what happened to justice?.. What happened to rights?.. hmmm smh thats AMERiCA for you !
WOW! So you think you can run the streets with a gun, get in to fights in public and nobody should say anything!

Question for you - Whose rights was clevonta going to violate with the gun he had?

This is the problem, you want to be able to do whatever it is you want with no repercussions, the world does not work that way. If i was in my yard and he attempted to pull a gun on me I would have shoot him to.

Personally I will sleep better knowing a GUN carrying gang member is not in my violate anyone elses rights!

BTW you’re spelling and grammar is terrible, ever heard of spell check?
A Friend From Afar

Arlington, TX

#16 Apr 21, 2010
RIP Young man.. This tragic story really touched me and the fact that injustice was done was what made this all the worse. You don't deserve the outcome that came upon you, and as much as I hate to admit it, not even the racist, immature crazy poeple that have written and posted so many negative and hurtful things about you don't deserve death as punishment. But rather than mourning your death, I wish for everyone to hold their heads up high and be grateful that you are off to a better place now. You are now in God's hands looking down over all of us and keeping us safe. As for the poeple talking down upon, justice will in time serve them as well. We all love you Tae, and mind my words when I say we all have you and your family in our prayers. You will greatly be missed by the many you have touched and all the lives you have changed. Love always.. 4/19/10.
hayes

United States

#17 Apr 21, 2010
Dis is dedicated to 2dwn- first off you dont kno me just like i could careless to know you! But an idiot is something i would never be but i understand your point of thinking because you are probably some redneck uneducated trailer trash hillybill who could careless about human life, he was someones child- yall holler gangsta dats jus what the police are saying you can have friends of any affiliation that dont make you be the same thing they are. Bottom line is the police went overboard! N why u justify his wrong doing i hope your children neva get put in clevontas situation because im quite sure youll sleep good @ night in your doublewide!
Random Stranger

Austin, TX

#18 Apr 21, 2010
A Friend From Afar wrote:
RIP Young man.. This tragic story really touched me and the fact that injustice was done was what made this all the worse. You don't deserve the outcome that came upon you, and as much as I hate to admit it, not even the racist, immature crazy poeple that have written and posted so many negative and hurtful things about you don't deserve death as punishment. But rather than mourning your death, I wish for everyone to hold their heads up high and be grateful that you are off to a better place now. You are now in God's hands looking down over all of us and keeping us safe. As for the poeple talking down upon, justice will in time serve them as well. We all love you Tae, and mind my words when I say we all have you and your family in our prayers. You will greatly be missed by the many you have touched and all the lives you have changed. Love always.. 4/19/10.
your the only person bringing race into this.
Random Stranger

Austin, TX

#19 Apr 21, 2010
hayes wrote:
Dis is dedicated to 2dwn- first off you dont kno me just like i could careless to know you! But an idiot is something i would never be but i understand your point of thinking because you are probably some redneck uneducated trailer trash hillybill who could careless about human life, he was someones child- yall holler gangsta dats jus what the police are saying you can have friends of any affiliation that dont make you be the same thing they are. Bottom line is the police went overboard! N why u justify his wrong doing i hope your children neva get put in clevontas situation because im quite sure youll sleep good @ night in your doublewide!
Hang out with bad people and bad things happen.
hayes

United States

#20 Apr 21, 2010
Tae* you definetly touched alot of people in the short time you was with us! We all was almost in tears n dis belief when we heard the news but your death is most definetly not going unnoticed, and the man above will be the person they have to answer to. I completly agree with friend from a far- u definetly shown that not only does racism exist, police brutality, and cold hearted people. Tae you are definetly loved n will always be missed!
reading

Tollhouse, CA

#21 Apr 21, 2010
First, the only racist comments I have seen on this board are “redneck” and “trailer trash”. You guys don’t want to be judged for being “gansta” but then you judge someone by calling them redneck trailer trash. This is called hypocrisy

Second, starting a paragraph with a non word like “dis” doesn’t speak for your own education.

Third, who would be the cold blooded murder if the bullet that he shot into the air came down and killed a kid in the neighborhood, would you have the same feeling then to being able to call C Clevonta themurder
Fourth, there a series of bad decisions that led up to this, let’s count them down
1. Carrying a gun
2. Not obeying a police officer
3. Reaching for the gun
4. Discharging the gun in a neighborhood were families and children live and play
5. Not calling the police to begin with

All of these lead up to the shooting and he had the opportunity to change anyone of these decisions.
lyndaa janeen

Goliad, TX

#24 Apr 21, 2010
what yall are sayinq is crazy !/ yall are sayinq dhat it is okay for somebody tuh die , its crazy because most of yall didn't even no him , he was a reqular person like dha rest of us , he was funny && outqoinq he had his flaws but he was still ah qood kid we all make mistakes .- BUT nobody deserves tuh die the way he did , would yuh want tuh die like dhat ?- qetinq shot 6 times ! there was sooo many other ways that police officer could have taken him down .- clavonta was a good friend and student , but I will never be able tuh see him aqain because, this officer decided too take it too far && kill a 18 year boy , his family will never be able to see him aqain, they have lost both of their sons in one year ./ some of yall didn't no him so why do yuh think yuh can qive yur opoinion when it is definitly not needed and, the thinqs yall are sayinq are cruel and very disrespectful ./ my heart qoes out to him and his family ./ hopfully justice will be served .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tarrant students take to the streets (Mar '06) Sat Thomas de Oro 7
News Texas art teacher sues school district after be... May 17 Ted Haggard s Mas... 138
Arlington TX (Jan '07) May 16 former Arlingtonite 299
Loud bang in Southwest Arlington (Nov '08) May 10 Bonita 3
News Police: Haltom City arson suspect was angry abo... (Jul '08) May 3 corey 30
County Line Dance Clubs (Feb '15) Apr 27 Victorpaul 18
Prostitutes Murdered in 1994 & 1995 in Grand Pr... (Jan '13) Apr 23 Concerned_Citizen 12

Arlington Jobs

Personal Finance

Arlington Mortgages