Kinder Morgan pulls coal project out of Port Westward, PGE breaks ground for new plant

May 10, 2013 Full story: Portland Tribune

Kinder Morgan, an energy company hoping to build a coal export facility in Columbia County, announced May 8 it will be looking elsewhere.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 May 10, 2013
I was raised in St Helens and the surrounding areas. From my Great Grandparents forward we lived in that great little town. Back when the saw mills and paper mills kept the economy stable and folks working hard for a good living. Now it has come to my attention that people in Columbia County have lost their minds or something. There are no jobs in the state of Oregon and now by rejecting Kinder Morgan and the coal transport terminals there will still be a lack of jobs. Kinder Morgan is an environmentally conscious company that pays well and the benefits are pretty awesome compared to what companies are offering these days. You will probably live to regret your choice to deny potential employees an opportunity to work for this company. We a must live with our choices though. God bless Oregon and keep her beautiful and working at something. Being a Kinder Morgan family where my husband and I live is not a hardship on the environment first of all, or the economy. Take care of yourselves up that way and I do pray that in the future someone will invest in your financial future, someone who doesn't need our tax payer dollars to give them the opportunity to hire tax paying citizens. It's a little like an employee working to pay the taxes to provide themselves their own job thereby gaining nothing in as far as income is concerned....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
malay girl (May '14) Jun '14 la megon 2
Film will look at fight over coal exports (Apr '14) Apr '14 Larry Jane 1
BEO Bancorp Reports 2013 Earnings (Feb '14) Feb '14 jenstuart10 1
Arlington church nearly destroyed by blaze; thr... (Jan '14) Feb '14 joejoe2234 3
James William McMeen (Jul '11) Jul '11 sunnyDay 1
Strawberry park restoration work cited for safe... (Jul '11) Jul '11 sunnyDay 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Oregon (Di... (Oct '10) Dec '10 tattoo 6
Arlington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Arlington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:59 am PST