Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47797 Feb 22, 2014
TSF wrote:
Thank you for contacting politicians expressing opposition to the attempt at state censorship of news. I did the same, contacting Mark Meadows, Virginia Hunt and Patrick McHenry.
Curiously, in 2001 , when I opposed the Patriot Act cancelling our constitution, people, mostly republicans, accused me of supporting terrorist. I am not afraid of foreign terrorist but I am afraid of domestic extremist on the left and right who want to cancel our constitution and relinquish our sovereignty .
<quoted text>
I recall a lot of people being against the cowardly"Patriot Act". Needs to be repealed. You know what Ben Franklin said, about freedom and security.
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47798 Feb 22, 2014
Obama is required by the constitution to present a budget. The constitution does not allow presidents to levy taxes, so there would be no tax increases or decreases in the president budget. Congress is required by the constitution to pass a budget, if not the presidents, then one of their own. Congress then decides to either: A. levy taxes to pay for their expenditures or B. Borrow more money to pay for their expenditures. Guess which one they will chose.
Return of the King wrote:
Think again. Obama deleted ALL entitlement cuts in HIS budget. Looks like the old Master Politician is trying to FORCE Republicans to reject the budget, in an attempt to lay blame there for a budget gridlock. He sure didn't cut tax increases out of his extremely partisan budget. I hear the Republicans intend to pass the budget. Really all they can do. But, like in all things, there will be repercussions, this time on our illustrious President.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47799 Feb 22, 2014
TSF wrote:
Obama is required by the constitution to present a budget. The constitution does not allow presidents to levy taxes, so there would be no tax increases or decreases in the president budget. Congress is required by the constitution to pass a budget, if not the presidents, then one of their own. Congress then decides to either: A. levy taxes to pay for their expenditures or B. Borrow more money to pay for their expenditures. Guess which one they will chose.
<quoted text>
They will raise taxes, and borrow money.Or, just borrow money.
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47800 Feb 22, 2014
They will not raise taxes to pay for their spending because this is and election year for congress. So they will just borrow more from China and brag about how much money they are saving..
Return of the King wrote:
<quoted text> They will raise taxes, and borrow money.Or, just borrow money.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47801 Feb 22, 2014
Ted Nugent got the Republicans in trouble, and his "apology" was to the party members, not Obama. Republicans need to can this has been. He will only hurt their chances for votes in the mid term election. He will turn off many more than he will bring in. Let's see how party officials handle this radical in regard to future campaign events.
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47802 Feb 22, 2014
Governor Pat McCrory hasn't received a federal subpoena about the Duke Dan River spill---yet.
McCrory appointed John Skvarla head of DENR. Skvarla believes in snake oil, thinks crude oil is not a fossil fuel, thinks that the crude oil is abiotic underground (replenishes itself daily). Skvrla has been shielding McCrory's former employer, Duke Energies, from resonsibility for threatening and damaging the health and safety of North Carolina citizens. McCroy and Skvarla think science is "lies from the pits of hell"
And I thought nobody could be more stupid than Dubya Bush
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47803 Feb 22, 2014
The Dan River spill is the third largest toxic spill in the history of the USA. Duke Energies couldn't figure out how to stop the spill, They built a platform over the broken pipe to study the situation and still couldn't figure out how to stop it. After 83,000 tons of highly toxic coal ash had flowed into the Dan River over a period of 7 days, the platform suddenly collapsed and accidentally plugged the hole.

What is really scary here is that Duke Energies has a license from DOE to own and run NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS in towns near you.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47804 Feb 22, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
Ted Nugent got the Republicans in trouble, and his "apology" was to the party members, not Obama. Republicans need to can this has been. He will only hurt their chances for votes in the mid term election. He will turn off many more than he will bring in. Let's see how party officials handle this radical in regard to future campaign events.
I said when it happened that he was an idiot.Kick him to the curb. That wasn't me on the other forum either dude.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47805 Feb 22, 2014
By the way TSF, for the first time in history, scientists created a nuclear fusion reaction that CREATED MORE POWER THAN IT USED. (except for the initial lasers).That is incredible.They say in twenty years, they will have clean fusion power.
Subscriber

Smithfield, NC

#47806 Feb 22, 2014
TSF wrote:
Now a judge has wisely put a hold on the state voucher awards to parents. who want primarily to send their children to religion based charter schools. There are presently 158 applications from parents who want to send their children, with state funds, to Greensboro Islamic Academy. The constitution of the USA prohibits adoption of a state religion. Contribution of tax money to religious schools is a republican back door attempt at establishment of state religion
I see you have no problem supporting your communist authority.
An F.B.I. agent infiltrated the Weather Underground back in the 1960's. In talking with the leadership he asked them what they would do, once they gain power. Like you,they were very matter of fact in stating, we will set up re-education of the children in state schools. Those who resisted change would be serrated and forced out of the school system.(Hence the high student failure rate of our public schools.) Of those that would change their thinking and accept Communism would be promoted as leaders of society. But we estimate maybe 20 to 25 million Americans would need to be eliminated because they would refuse to accept Communism. These same 1960's terrorist radicals are now teaching in our Universities and their students are leaders in government positions. As well as in control of the Dem. party
Taxpayer

Smithfield, NC

#47807 Feb 22, 2014
History shows that people will risk their very lives to flee from a Communist Countries to go to a country where there is Freedom. A land where you have the right to own property, and own and run your own business. To be able to travel where you want to go, and work at the job of your choice, and to live where you want to live. Freedom means you have a choice. Social Communism means you have NO choice. In short, under Communism you are a slave to the leaders of the State.
Rock

Sylva, NC

#47808 Feb 22, 2014
TSF wrote:
Now a judge has wisely put a hold on the state voucher awards to parents. who want primarily to send their children to religion based charter schools. There are presently 158 applications from parents who want to send their children, with state funds, to Greensboro Islamic Academy. The constitution of the USA prohibits adoption of a state religion. Contribution of tax money to religious schools is a republican back door attempt at establishment of state religion
. I don't care for islam one bit, but whose money are we talking about here TSF?
Rock

Sylva, NC

#47809 Feb 22, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
. Apologizing is bullshit. Specially these public ones...once you apologize, you lose.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47810 Feb 22, 2014
Remember, Obama is a complete liar. A proven liar. No need for insulting lies. The truth is damaging enough.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47811 Feb 22, 2014
Never apologizing works well for Obama.
Taxpayer

Smithfield, NC

#47812 Feb 23, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
No environment....No more issues. What if conservatives are totally wrong about global warming and we reach the point of no return?
So your solution to global warming is?
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#47813 Feb 23, 2014
"Central bankers in some of the big emerging markets, such as India’s Raghuram Rajan, have hit out at selfish policies pursued by the US and developed countries that claiming they lead to turmoil in their countries.

But there was no major shift in position on the issue with ministers merely reiterating their commitment for monetary policy among G20 members to be “carefully calibrated and clearly communicated”.

The G20 combines the biggest industrialised and developing countries, which account for about 85 per cent of the global economy. Since the financial crisis struck in 2008 it has become the premier troubleshooter, although its effectiveness has been questioned by participants as the crisis recedes.

The setting of a numerical target for future growth represents a change of strategy at G20 level, which has previously rejected setting hard targets, for example on fiscal adjustments.

But amid scepticism from Germany, the European Central Bank and some other participants the growth target remains largely aspirational with no details on what reforms would be implemented or penalties for failing to achieve the target.

“It is kind of ambitious to set a numerical target for the whole world, well the G20 world,” said Mario Draghi, ECB governor. However, he welcomed the broad thrust of the G20 to target economic growth.

Leaders from G20 countries are expected to outline what reforms they expect to implement to achieve the growth target when they meet in November in Australia, which is chairing the G20 this year.

Ministers said they welcomed the recent signs of improvement in the global economy. But they warned in the communiqué there was no room for complacency as the world economy still faced weakness in some areas of demand and volatility in financial markets and high levels of debt while global imbalances highlighted that important challenges remained.

The meeting in Sydney marked the debut of Janet Yellen, the chairwoman of the US Federal Reserve, at the G20. Sources said she faced criticism from India, among others, over the destabilising impact that the Fed’s decision to taper its quantitative easing programme is having on some developing countries.

The final G20 communiqué reiterated the need for maintaining communication between central banks and for them to be “mindful of impacts on the global economy” when setting monetary policy." I find the comment by India amusing. Who do you talk to when you need tech support? Why should a decision made in the US impact India? Why can't they negotiate trade agreements that work for India and whoever they do business?
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47815 Feb 23, 2014
We are talking about the $4500 per student tax money North Carolina has collected from its subjects. Using NC tax money to support Greensboro Islamic Academy is not a constitutionally allowed use for tax money. Neither is using NC tax money to support Raleigh Christian Academy, a Baptist Church school which excludes Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Unitarian Universalist , Christian Scientist and many others persons who believe in religious organizations that Baptist consider cults. Republikan legislators passing legislation allowing charter schools to collect the state money at the beginning of the year for each student, by persons not having had a criminal background check and having no education themselves is just outright stupidity. Right now one of those charters is dumping all their students back into the public schools because--sheezam--all the money is gone. The founder of the school was on probation for guess what? Falsifying documents to obtain state money illegally.
Wouldn't it make sense to check these things out before giving these operators millions at the beginning of the school year? Do we really need to be forcing citizens to pay taxes to support Islamic academy's, Baptist academy's, Mormon academy's, Zen Buddhist academy's, etc.?
Aside from the unconstitutionality of the charter school mess being swept under the rug, it just doesn't make any sense.
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. I don't care for islam one bit, but whose money are we talking about here TSF?
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47816 Feb 23, 2014
Very good point. Suppose the engine quits at 5000 feet in a single engine plane over mountainous terrain. We are going to crash, but its better to crash under control at low speed than to just do nothing and crash out of control at high speed. At low speed and with control, we at least have a chance. So do we make an attempt to survive or do we just throw up our hands and wait to have ourselves picked up with a stick and a spoon?

Climate change is happening. The drivers of that change are complex, synergistic , not completely known and only marginally within our control . I think we need to attempt to do what we can just in case the engine doesn't restart. At the same time, needlessly shooting ourselves in the feet on the way down doesn't make sense either..
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
So your solution to global warming is?
Rock

Sylva, NC

#47817 Feb 23, 2014
TSF wrote:
We are talking about the $4500 per student tax money North Carolina has collected from its subjects. Using NC tax money to support Greensboro Islamic Academy is not a constitutionally allowed use for tax money. Neither is using NC tax money to support Raleigh Christian Academy, a Baptist Church school which excludes Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Unitarian Universalist , Christian Scientist and many others persons who believe in religious organizations that Baptist consider cults. Republikan legislators passing legislation allowing charter schools to collect the state money at the beginning of the year for each student, by persons not having had a criminal background check and having no education themselves is just outright stupidity. Right now one of those charters is dumping all their students back into the public schools because--sheezam--all the money is gone. The founder of the school was on probation for guess what? Falsifying documents to obtain state money illegally.
Wouldn't it make sense to check these things out before giving these operators millions at the beginning of the school year? Do we really need to be forcing citizens to pay taxes to support Islamic academy's, Baptist academy's, Mormon academy's, Zen Buddhist academy's, etc.?
Aside from the unconstitutionality of the charter school mess being swept under the rug, it just doesn't make any sense.
<quoted text>
. I think that's the point TSF...its the PEOPLE'S money. Meaning...if I chose to use my money to send my kids to: public, private, charter or homeschooling...that's my damn choice...not some fool liberal, not some push over republican or any other busy body who thinks they know what's best for mine.

nd my kids to:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not so hot! Aug 26 Words 1
Hot! Hot! Hot! Aug 26 Words 1
Review: Revival Pain Management (Jul '13) Aug '14 Lynn 2
Jonesville Music Thread Jul '14 Musikologist 3
Review: Revival Pain Management (May '13) Jul '14 Mike C 8
hot guy looking 4 fun (Dec '12) Mar '14 Really 5
How clean is your water in Elkin? (Mar '14) Mar '14 PBryant 1
•••
•••
•••