Top Cat

Jonesville, SC

#44695 Nov 21, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
As unprecedented and unbelievable as it sounds, right now in the senate, Harry Reid is attempting to invoke the "Nuclear option" and strip away the ability for opposition to filibuster. Reid might as well burn the original copy of the constitution on the senate floor and roast marshmallows in the flames. This is a blatant attempt to prevent the very processes that keep tyranny at bay.
I am not a proponent of violence, but this (in my opinion) calls for an armed insurrection to re-capture our nation's capital and physically arrest Reid and other democrats who are destroying our country.
Taxpayer they will throw you in jail if you repeat what you just posted.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#44696 Nov 21, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
First off no I don't think his addiction is funny. What I did find funny is that he could take a leave of absence and pledge to donate a salary paid by the tax payers. He is supposed to be a leader, an example for the people who elected him. He should be relieved of his duties and his salary.
Let me shock you with this. Yes I did have a drug addict in my family. My ex, dead husband. And no I didn't kill him but I should have. He became addicted to pain meds and muscle relaxers prescribed to him by his doctor after a back injury. When these meds weren't enough to satisfy him he began buying drugs off the streets. I tried to help him only to be threatened with my life. At first the abuse was mental and then it became physical. After twelve years I decided that life was too short and walked away with nothing but the clothes on my back. I told him then, "You got about ten years to live at this rate." He lived another seven years and died of an overdose. He was melting oxicontin and methadone and shooting it into his arms. His mother found him dead, face down on top of his needle. Do I find addiction funny? No, it is not only tradgic for the addict but everyone around them.
Allen, I had/have more than one person in my family with an addiction problem. One tragically took his life because he couldn't take it. That's why I find his story and your story a tragedy. Addiction is a sickness and and it covers all socio-economic lines, no one is above reproach when it comes to addiction. As the commercial on TV used to say, nobody grows up and says "I want to be a junkie" and no one does. It doesn't matter if people look up to someone, if people look down on someone, they still need help. I'm glad this Trey congressman saw he had a problem and is getting help. I'm also glad he's giving his salary to charity. Do you think the Kennedy family should have given back the years of salary Ted Kennedy took when he turned up drunk as a skunk to the senate?

TSF

Greenville, NC

#44697 Nov 21, 2013
Florida's welfare drug tests cost more money than state saves, data shows

By Brittany Alana Davis

The Miami Herald


Required drug tests for people seeking welfare benefits ended up costing taxpayers more than it saved and failed to curb the number of prospective applicants, data used against the state in an ongoing legal battle shows.

The findings ó that only 108 of the 4,086 people who took a drug test failed ó are additional ammunition for the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida, which sued the state and won a temporary ban on the drug-testing program in October, said ACLU spokesman Derek Newton.

Attorneys for the state immediately appealed the ban, and will face off against the ACLU again at the 11th Circuit Court in Atlanta and the U.S. District Court in Orlando in coming months.

The costs and benefits of the law ó and the outcome of the court case ó could reverberate nationwide. This week, Georgia passed its own drug welfare law.

Since Gov. Rick Scott signed the bill into law last year, 25 states have considered similar legislation, Newton said.

Data about the lawís cost may impact the court of public opinion, but Jenn Meale, a spokeswoman for the attorney generalís office, said it wonít play a role in the legal proceedings.

Thatís because ACLUís case rests on whether the law violates the Fourth Amendment, which protects citizens against "unreasonable searches" by the government.

"Any costs associated with the program are irrelevant to the analysis of whether the statute is constitutional," Meale said.

Of the 4,086 applicants who scheduled drug tests while the law was enforced, 108 people, or 2.6 percent, failed, most often testing positive for marijuana. About 40 people scheduled tests but canceled them, according to the Department of Children and Families, which oversees Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, known as the TANF program.

The numbers, confirming previous estimates, show that taxpayers spent $118,140 to reimburse people for drug test costs, at an average of $35 per screening.

The stateís net loss?$45,780.

"Thatís not counting attorneys and court fees and the thousands of hours of staff time it took to implement this policy," Newton said.

The law also didnít impact the number of people who applied for benefits.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/20/2758871...
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Big picture, TSF. Look at the big picture. Drug testing used to cost about $55.00 for the five major street drugs. Do the math, Mr. Wizard and again, big picture.
Tipper

Jonesville, SC

#44698 Nov 21, 2013
What the hell do you people know about addiction? You know someone personally? Yeah, that's bad, Sure. Try being the loser with the monkey on your back , that's the trick, that's sweet, you can't stop, no matter what, no matter how much you want, you got to have it more than air, you hurt hurt hurt the ones you love, like a fkn werewolf, so what you do? Go beck, do it again! Because anything is better then feeling that guilt, any old kind of numbness will do, just don't let me feel that fkn guilt, I want to get higher and higher and higher until I get so high i never feel anything again, nothing nothing nothing, no more razor blades in my heart, nothing.I just want to bleed forever.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44699 Nov 21, 2013
He can be arrested and taken to the rubber room for 10 day evaluation just for what he has just written on the internet ..
Check out CGS 122 -282 & NCGS 122C-3-(11)B Special Emergency Procedures for Violent Individuals
Top Cat wrote:
<quoted text> Taxpayer they will throw you in jail if you repeat what you just posted.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#44700 Nov 21, 2013
While millions of Americans spend half their lives or more toiling for a paycheck, millions more are sitting on the sidelines waiting for the government to issue them their next monthly distribution.
Youíd think that emergency funds or government subsidization through programs like welfare would be used to help recipients purchase the things that they need to get by and help them get back on their feet so that they can find meaningful labor and contribute to society, but in a system without cross-checks and billions being dished out year-after-year, many have learned that they donít need to work.
And why should they? We are doing the work for them in the form of taxpayer subsidies that are forcibly taken from our earnings on a weekly basis.
In Socialist controlled America, those who work get punished. Those who donít, get a free ride, courtesy of a nationwide communist policy of spreading the wealth around to those who get to sit home all day. Visit with friends, party and do drugs. Case in point: A welfare recipient in Austin recently contacted a morning radio show and explained that she gets a lot of money from the program and this is what She does.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#44701 Nov 21, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
As unprecedented and unbelievable as it sounds, right now in the senate, Harry Reid is attempting to invoke the "Nuclear option" and strip away the ability for opposition to filibuster. Reid might as well burn the original copy of the constitution on the senate floor and roast marshmallows in the flames. This is a blatant attempt to prevent the very processes that keep tyranny at bay.
I am not a proponent of violence, but this (in my opinion) calls for an armed insurrection to re-capture our nation's capital and physically arrest Reid and other democrats who are destroying our country.
Okay, so organize an armed march on Washington. How far do you think you will get with that? Just how many lines have you huffed tonight anyway? Dude Concord and Lexington is over. Just like paper, pencils, and chalkboards, the days of "Little House on the Praire" are over.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#44702 Nov 21, 2013
Top Cat wrote:
<quoted text> Taxpayer they will throw you in jail if you repeat what you just posted.
Who the Communist, fascist or Socialist Who?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#44703 Nov 21, 2013
Tipper wrote:
What the hell do you people know about addiction? You know someone personally? Yeah, that's bad, Sure. Try being the loser with the monkey on your back , that's the trick, that's sweet, you can't stop, no matter what, no matter how much you want, you got to have it more than air, you hurt hurt hurt the ones you love, like a fkn werewolf, so what you do? Go beck, do it again! Because anything is better then feeling that guilt, any old kind of numbness will do, just don't let me feel that fkn guilt, I want to get higher and higher and higher until I get so high i never feel anything again, nothing nothing nothing, no more razor blades in my heart, nothing.I just want to bleed forever.
That's exactly where my ex-husband was. Part of me blames his doctors. Because he drew a disability check why weren't they testing him for other drugs, why didn't they see the signs. He just fell threw the cracks and I refused to fall with him. That has been many years ago. It took many years of me living alone and alot of soul searching to be able to move on but I did it. The first step in getting help is to just admit you need it, he never did and he died, age 41. Another statisic.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#44704 Nov 21, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so organize an armed march on Washington. How far do you think you will get with that? Just how many lines have you huffed tonight anyway? Dude Concord and Lexington is over. Just like paper, pencils, and chalkboards, the days of "Little House on the Praire" are over.
Put a little mustache on Reid and he would look like Hitler. It would not surprise me if the did the vote with a Nazi salute.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#44705 Nov 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear. That is a really sad story. My sympathy to you and the families.
Thanks SOF, as the old saying goes, "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." This has proven to be true in my case anyway:)
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#44706 Nov 21, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so organize an armed march on Washington. How far do you think you will get with that? Just how many lines have you huffed tonight anyway? Dude Concord and Lexington is over. Just like paper, pencils, and chalkboards, the days of "Little House on the Praire" are over.
So Liberty and Freedom are over like Concord and Lexington. And all of us who put our lives on the line to defend it wasted our time. Is that what your are saying?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#44707 Nov 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, as usual, you're being a drama queen. What makes you think that people stereotype or perceive welfare recipients as being this way?
Practically every Republican I have discussed welfare with, and every Republican who has ever posted on Topix, including yourself. You know that to be true. All of you look at welfare recipients as being low life scum bags, even though you don't use these words. You detest the people on public assistance and you know it. Please don't go playing innocent with me.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#44708 Nov 21, 2013
Bacon, you even posted recently that you thought that the government should take their children away. Do you even begin to realize the trauma of that for both the parent and the children?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#44709 Nov 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Practically every Republican I have discussed welfare with, and every Republican who has ever posted on Topix, including yourself. You know that to be true. All of you look at welfare recipients as being low life scum bags, even though you don't use these words. You detest the people on public assistance and you know it. Please don't go playing innocent with me.
Arnold, I'm not playing innocent with you. I just know your MO and you wanted to make the post about race. When I stole your thunder by stating that more whites were on welfare than blacks, it took the wind out of one of your Jim Crowe laws rants and the best you can do, by your admissision, is put words in this post no one has used. Come back with some facts Jack.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#44710 Nov 21, 2013
In America, the dominant hegemony has been an Anglo liberty based on Torah Law, English common law, Magna Carta, and other documents and ideas originating mostly from white Judeo-Christian civilization. The fact that America has been a "melting pot" for centuries simply means that other cultures have assimilated into that hegemony. They came to America FOR that hegemony. They craved and crave it.
But through the deliberate long-term brainwashing program first devised by Marx and then Gramsci, now utilized by everyone from Islamists to Alinskyite Democrats to the "Homosexual Mafia," this hegemony is being destroyed. At first it was subtle, a plea for compassion, a tear for the downtrodden. Then it was the shout for equality, the march for opportunity. Now it is the finger of doom pointing guilt at American hegemony, superior but on life support. They say it is killing itself. Is it?
The cover-up of racial crime, black on white and so forth, by media and politician, has caused that crime to explode under the umbrella of protection from criticism or prosecution. The permission of illegal aliens to identify themselves in public without repercussion has caused surreal assemblies of illegals blocking deportation buses, all without arrest or denigration. Amazing. The shrugging off of monetary and economic "laws of nature" (well, human nature, anyway) has opened the floodgates for the banking cartels to print endless amounts of so-called money. Either they want the dollar to collapse or they truly believe they hold the destiny of the planet in their grip, or both. The embarrassment of a Hillary Clinton saying "What difference does it make?" in response to questions concerning the deaths of four Americans and the mysterious circumstances surrounding those deaths has caused many to simply whisk it under the carpet, too painful to approach. People who call themselves Americans are nothing more than American Haters. Using the system to destroy it.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#44711 Nov 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I'm not playing innocent with you. I just know your MO and you wanted to make the post about race. When I stole your thunder by stating that more whites were on welfare than blacks, it took the wind out of one of your Jim Crowe laws rants and the best you can do, by your admissision, is put words in this post no one has used. Come back with some facts Jack.
Listen Jack, What is the fasination with Jim Crow and blacks? Where have I ever said anything on either one of the subjects? Show me! You never addressed the part of wanting children of welfare recipients to be taken by the government and placed in foster homes. Want to address your brilliant idea of breaking up families? You hate welfare people and you know you do because you think you are "better than those people". You live in your little idealistic world and to hell with those in need. Tell us about your great "Disposed Children Plan."

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#44712 Nov 22, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Jack, What is the fasination with Jim Crow and blacks? Where have I ever said anything on either one of the subjects? Show me! You never addressed the part of wanting children of welfare recipients to be taken by the government and placed in foster homes. Want to address your brilliant idea of breaking up families? You hate welfare people and you know you do because you think you are "better than those people". You live in your little idealistic world and to hell with those in need. Tell us about your great "Disposed Children Plan."
You need a dose of reality and I'm going to give it to you. Whether you like it or not there are people who don't or won't take care of their children. They don't feed, clothe, nurture, educate or even try to meet the basic needs of their children. You can send these people all the public assistance in the world, provide them with parenting classes, beg and plead for them to take care of their children and they don't. Should children be forced to live in roach and drug infested, filthy homes with their basic needs of food, and hygiene ignored? If you're ok with children staying in such conditions, then I'm not ok with you.

Parents who thumb their noses at a plan to take care of their children don't deserve children. Parents are given options until the stupid switch is turned off. They can do a PIP (parent initiated plan), kinship plan (stay with relatives) or they can go into the foster system.

I read the local news daily online and everyday I see where children, babies or toddlers die due to neglect by their "loving" parents who leave them with strangers, alone, or with a 6-10 year old child to take care of them. This was happening years ago and still is happening today.

You can call it a "Disposed Child Plan" but I call it getting children out of a no win and many times painful and deadly plan. BTW, it happens to children of parents on welfare and parents living in nice homes in nice neighborhoods. I don't really care about their economic background, what I care about is giving children a chance. If the parents are accepting public assistance and not using it for the well being of their children, take the money and give to families that will take care of their children and make parents of means pay child support for the care of their children if they're not going to do it.

Is that clear enough for you? YES, I think every child that is being denied minimal needs which is one step above living like a dog as a result of parents that don't give a rip, should be taken from their parents.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44713 Nov 22, 2013
Three county deputies will arrive unexpectedly. Two will point shotguns at you while the other handcuffs you, and shezam, you are on your way to the loony bin for an evaluation. It will be positive in your case, and you will be incarcerated indefinitely .
Your power meter is listening, be careful because commies are hiding behind every tree and probably one is under your bed right now.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the Communist, fascist or Socialist Who?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#44714 Nov 22, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
So Liberty and Freedom are over like Concord and Lexington. And all of us who put our lives on the line to defend it wasted our time. Is that what your are saying?
I realize that our history has shaped us as a nation but, we cannot go back to our country's youth and relive an event in the name of "Liberty and Freedom" unless we want to be labeled as terrorist. That's what I'm saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Revival Pain Management (May '13) Feb 25 Revival clinic a ... 9
READER TRAVELOGUE: Science teachers, families e... (Jan '08) Dec '14 Amazing Dan 2
How clean is your water in Elkin? (Mar '14) Dec '14 junglejimk 2
Jonesville Music Thread (Apr '14) Nov '14 Musikologist 4
Jonesville Police Report Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 3
Memories brought to life Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 2
Not so hot! (Aug '14) Aug '14 Words 1
Arlington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Arlington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:32 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:32PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?
Yahoo! Sports 4:45 PM
Peterson just 1 of the players left in limbo by ruling