100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42317 Sep 7, 2013
Just to cap off. Before commenting at least have enough sense to read all of my posts then you will get the point. My goal here was not to boast of accomplishments. I am proud of what I have done, but I have in no way done anything special or hollywoodish..
It is just that when one has served in a capacity for 30 years they do have some knowledge. One takes that knowledge and applies it to several areas. Today I am retired but still use that knowledge in many areas. I do some flight instruction, but I use the management and leadership skills I learned today with assisting in running a baseball program. Now as I said if you want to discuss or debate an issue with some sense and not bunch of uneducated ranting and name calling fine. Let's do it. But if you have resort to those things please keep moving.
in tke know

Winterville, NC

#42318 Sep 7, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
I have in no way done anything special.
This is the most believable thing you have said yet.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42319 Sep 7, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
Just to cap off. Before commenting at least have enough sense to read all of my posts then you will get the point. My goal here was not to boast of accomplishments. I am proud of what I have done, but I have in no way done anything special or hollywoodish..
It is just that when one has served in a capacity for 30 years they do have some knowledge. One takes that knowledge and applies it to several areas. Today I am retired but still use that knowledge in many areas. I do some flight instruction, but I use the management and leadership skills I learned today with assisting in running a baseball program. Now as I said if you want to discuss or debate an issue with some sense and not bunch of uneducated ranting and name calling fine. Let's do it. But if you have resort to those things please keep moving.
"Google can be a useful tool to educated yourself"? I hope you did that accidentally.In any event, I enlisted.That was a long time ago.My friend,Camanetti, came back from Viet Nam in a body cast.Camanetti was a chopper pilot.There is no"glory"in being blown to bits.Camanetti died in 1998, his body never recovered from that.51 caliber round that savaged his body.I never knew a finer man.He took that bullet rescuing his friend, another pilot, who'd been shot down. My dad never talked about his own injury.All I know is that he was a Ranger, and shrapnel took his left lung out.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42320 Sep 7, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> "Google can be a useful tool to educated yourself"? I hope you did that accidentally.In any event, I enlisted.That was a long time ago.My friend,Camanetti, came back from Viet Nam in a body cast.Camanetti was a chopper pilot.There is no"glory"in being blown to bits.Camanetti died in 1998, his body never recovered from that.51 caliber round that savaged his body.I never knew a finer man.He took that bullet rescuing his friend, another pilot, who'd been shot down. My dad never talked about his own injury.All I know is that he was a Ranger, and shrapnel took his left lung out.
Yes that was a typo. Secondly thanks to you and dad for your service. The events you have laid out is part of my point. Hollywood has tainted most American's view of real war. That and that damn XBox. We have come to relish the crap from TV. Here I have been blasted and called a liar about my service..makes no sense. I have not claimed great things. I spent more time in the US instructing than deployed. In later years I spent more time doing admin work than actual flying. While in OEF I spent all of my time doing "social work" and NO combat. Not sure why all of that is so hard to believe. Maybe people want to hear the damn "hero" stories Hell I don't have any. Funny....how I have met lame brain toothless rednecks that claim they were Navy Seals, but I simply say I spent 30 years as an average "charlie brown" line officer and later commanded a Civil Support Group....I am lying. Strange. BTW...2 points: The things you described are the very reasons we should be cautious about jumping into military force. People do die and come home disabled. That is why we need to make sure that the force is needed and then let the experts run the show not politicians or news reporters. My second point..you argued with me that the only way to serve is either enlist or be drafted. Now it seems to me that if you served you would know about officer commissioning. Also I don't know where you have been for the past 40 years but there is no draft today.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#42321 Sep 7, 2013
When people post their knowledge of "military" experience, surely you would expect someone to want you to explain yourself. Patriotism runs deep, in this day and age of "Xbox" soldiers you never know when someone is full of crap. Well aware of the draft, it's discontinuation, reinstatement, changes, DCO's etc. You should not be surprised when people ask your bonifides so to speak. The political arena changes daily, technology has made every "missile in a window" live and in living color now. The "today's Army" ain't what it used to be.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42322 Sep 7, 2013
People need to realize that only a small percentage of the U.S. Military are of the Special Ops...movie bullshit status. For Gods sake I spent the vast majority of my 30 years in simple boring everyday tasks. I am not Bruce Willis and never claimed to be. From a sociological stand point I know why I was blasted, but I will leave that alone. I tried to tell my wife when I retired that N.C. was not a good place live, but she insisted. I have met some good people here, but the ignorant and rude seem to outnumber them.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42323 Sep 7, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that was a typo. Secondly thanks to you and dad for your service. The events you have laid out is part of my point. Hollywood has tainted most American's view of real war. That and that damn XBox. We have come to relish the crap from TV. Here I have been blasted and called a liar about my service..makes no sense. I have not claimed great things. I spent more time in the US instructing than deployed. In later years I spent more time doing admin work than actual flying. While in OEF I spent all of my time doing "social work" and NO combat. Not sure why all of that is so hard to believe. Maybe people want to hear the damn "hero" stories Hell I don't have any. Funny....how I have met lame brain toothless rednecks that claim they were Navy Seals, but I simply say I spent 30 years as an average "charlie brown" line officer and later commanded a Civil Support Group....I am lying. Strange. BTW...2 points: The things you described are the very reasons we should be cautious about jumping into military force. People do die and come home disabled. That is why we need to make sure that the force is needed and then let the experts run the show not politicians or news reporters. My second point..you argued with me that the only way to serve is either enlist or be drafted. Now it seems to me that if you served you would know about officer commissioning. Also I don't know where you have been for the past 40 years but there is no draft today.
You should understand citizen (you earned your citizenship) that I am not a member of the select who have entered service as"commissioned"offi cers.I simply never considered it.I should have remembered, that when the military needs those who possess special talents, they can"commission"these people as officers.I recall the case of a man who was in charge of a shipping line in WWII who was commissioned as a rather high ranking naval officer, but after all the man did have a lot of experience with getting supplies shipped all over the world, and quickly at that, In any event, I'm not downgrading commissioned officers.i have another uncle, who was with the second marines, at Guadalcanal.When the Japanese shelled Henderson Field with 8 inch naval guns, he was there.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42324 Sep 7, 2013
Actually I am surprised that someone has not questioned what I meant by running a baseball program and then argue that too. As I said I know why some people do that.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42326 Sep 7, 2013
I always thought citizenship should be earned, not simply given.When you earn.a thing, you appreciate a thing.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42327 Sep 7, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You should understand citizen (you earned your citizenship) that I am not a member of the select who have entered service as"commissioned"offi cers.I simply never considered it.I should have remembered, that when the military needs those who possess special talents, they can"commission"these people as officers.I recall the case of a man who was in charge of a shipping line in WWII who was commissioned as a rather high ranking naval officer, but after all the man did have a lot of experience with getting supplies shipped all over the world, and quickly at that, In any event, I'm not downgrading commissioned officers.i have another uncle, who was with the second marines, at Guadalcanal.When the Japanese shelled Henderson Field with 8 inch naval guns, he was there.
Getting a commission is not based on special talents or being a member of the select.I am no blue blood. I grew up on a farm pretty much. Chuck Yeager grew up in the hills of WV. You can be commissioned by attending one of the service academies, take college ROTC or if you have a degree attend OTS. To be a pilot/Navigator one must be an officer. I chose to be a pilot and had planned it from the time I was 14. BTW....I have a book I bought recently about the 2nd Marines at Guadalcanal. Very interesting so far. Thank your uncle for his gallant service.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42328 Sep 7, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting a commission is not based on special talents or being a member of the select.I am no blue blood. I grew up on a farm pretty much. Chuck Yeager grew up in the hills of WV. You can be commissioned by attending one of the service academies, take college ROTC or if you have a degree attend OTS. To be a pilot/Navigator one must be an officer. I chose to be a pilot and had planned it from the time I was 14. BTW....I have a book I bought recently about the 2nd Marines at Guadalcanal. Very interesting so far. Thank your uncle for his I gallant service.
My uncle, long gone.My own service consisted mainly of learning how to be a man, at least to an extent. Certainly,i helped myself more than I helped the country.At least I kept Ft.Knox safe from the North Vietnamese.I look at my VA card, but I don't feel like a veteran of anything.I could take apart an M-16 A-1 blindfolded, and I was a wizard with a mop and broom.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42329 Sep 7, 2013
The marines called the Battle of Savo Island the Battle of the FIVE SITTING DUCKS...marine humor...The naval commander had been informed of the superiority of the Long Lance torpedoes, certainly as regards their greater range than USN counterparts....but to no avail.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42330 Sep 7, 2013
The Battle of Kursk was as horrific as tank battle as can be imagined.When the Russians ran out of ammo they rammed the Nazi tanks.Retreat was discouraged, but by then the war had become a war of racial extermination. The entire industrial output of nations, designed for mass killing.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42331 Sep 7, 2013
"100" ....North Carolina, like anything else, is what you choose to make of it.I adjusted, and I'm from Texas,a state I dearly miss.Met some very good people here, including an army sniper who was shot multiple times, and that's a true thing.The rest of the people here are mainly fine.Glad I met them. Topix, as I said before, is famous for jerks.I have a moron on Topix who pretends to be me, thinks its funny to make horrific comments using my name.What the hell, I keep at it.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#42332 Sep 8, 2013
"It took a brave man to be a coward in the red army." Joseph Stalin
waco1909 wrote:
The Battle of Kursk was as horrific as tank battle as can be imagined.When the Russians ran out of ammo they rammed the Nazi tanks.Retreat was discouraged, but by then the war had become a war of racial extermination. The entire industrial output of nations, designed for mass killing.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#42333 Sep 8, 2013
35 students per class and no money for supplies, all so McCrory and Tilles can give their administrative staff huge raises. Eliminate unemployment benefits for NC natives who cannot find a job and then create a jobs bill for --ILLEGAL ALIENS. Take money from internet gambling interests and then replace the elections board which was investigating the illegal "contributions".
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42334 Sep 8, 2013
TSF wrote:
35 students per class and no money for supplies, all so McCrory and Tilles can give their administrative staff huge raises. Eliminate unemployment benefits for NC natives who cannot find a job and then create a jobs bill for --ILLEGAL ALIENS. Take money from internet gambling interests and then replace the elections board which was investigating the illegal "contributions".
Exactly part of my original post. We need to concentrate on AMERICA!
We have neglected our education system far too long. We have turned our backs on the working people that serve as the very spine of this nation. We have for many years focused on getting rich and allowing corporate greed to control all. That is why I speak of using caution on going to war. War has become a corporate venture. This cycle will continue. Sometimes I think it is a well planned strategy to destroy the foundation of the country from within. Put people out of work....deny unemployment....take their homes...the greedy are in control. It is time for people to stop caving in and fight back...elect regular people to office.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#42335 Sep 8, 2013
Berger, Tillis, McCrory, and company may have been people at one time. Now they are only ALEC representatives. The bills they present and sign are almost exact copies of what ALEC lobbyist present. Elections are supposed to select REPRESENTATIVES of the voting public, not crooks and thieves working for highest bidder lobbyist. In my humble opinion, the fresh fruit voters thought they were getting turned out to be rotten lemons.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#42337 Sep 8, 2013
It as if America has fallen into the Twilight Zone. First, we have a (Less than) Million Muslim march coming up this Wednesday, September 11. Second, we have the United States Senate voting to aid jihadi terrorist’s al-Qaeda in Syria on Wednesday. Finally, we're getting the word that known Benghazi liar and National Security Adviser Susan Rice will brief Congress on Syria. These people are not Americans they are our enemies. If left to their advice will insure American Freedom and liberty will be remove from the face of the planet.
Jenny

Bostic, NC

#42338 Sep 8, 2013
This Country Is Doomed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
READER TRAVELOGUE: Science teachers, families e... (Jan '08) Dec 16 Amazing Dan 2
How clean is your water in Elkin? (Mar '14) Dec 7 junglejimk 2
Jonesville Music Thread (Apr '14) Nov '14 Musikologist 4
Jonesville Police Report Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 3
Memories brought to life Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 2
Not so hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Hot! Hot! Hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Arlington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Arlington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Arlington News, Events & Info