Since: May 13

Location hidden

#40747 Jun 27, 2013
TSF wrote:
WalMart discriminates against Paula Deen for having diabetes and saying the N word ---30 years ago. Cherryville police chief pleads guilty to embezzlement, Waxhaw mayor uses town credit card to buy whiskey and gets caught driving drunk, NC republikan legislature tries to establish an official state religion, republican NC legislature trying to steal Charlotte's airport, US government pursues leaker who blabbed a secret that only 500,000 people knew about for over 10 years, democrat Mecklenburg commissioner doesn't want a "white man" to be county manager.
The inmates are running the asylum.
Walmart didn't discriminate against Paula having diabetes. The entire Walmart stores are made up of obese black women with attitudes.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#40748 Jun 27, 2013
Yes, corporations are owned by people. The MAJOR stockholders in corporations like Exxon , GE, etc. are usually rich. They pay lobbyist to pay congressmen to pass laws giving the corporations laws that stifle competition, excuse taxes, award no bid government contracts , award US government owned natural resources and mining, drilling, fracking, etc rights for a paupers penance and even give cash incentives and tax rebates for not even paying taxes in the first place,. Example: USA owned cedar timber in Alaska is being sold for $1.18 (yes, ONE dollar eighteen cents) per thousand board feet.( I was paying over $1800 per thousand board feet of cedar 20 years ago). While the rich and well connected rob us totally blind, the public's attention is focused on the expense of disabled veterans , granny's social security and yes baby mommas. We cannot get control of our finances without being honest about what is really happening to our money.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So when you refer to "the rich", you're actually referring to Corporate America, those companies like Exxon that receive tax breaks, subsidies, etc..., eventhough they report quarterly profits of $24B?
Waco 1909

Spruce Pine, NC

#40749 Jun 27, 2013
I like Paula Deen. Called someone a racial name thirty years ago? Oh my. Gee.I called someone a racial name ten minutes ago. That old free speech thing. What was the racial name I used? Redneck.I get it! It's ok to use racial names for southern white people.
allen martel ho

Spruce Pine, NC

#40750 Jun 27, 2013
I expect that the next elections in 2014 will be marked by dissension and controversy. This country is going to experience a lot of change in the next several years, there will be blood.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#40751 Jun 27, 2013
allen martel ho wrote:
I expect that the next elections in 2014 will be marked by dissension and controversy. This country is going to experience a lot of change in the next several years, there will be blood.
That's the first intelligent thing you've ever said.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40752 Jun 27, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart didn't discriminate against Paula having diabetes. The entire Walmart stores are made up of obese black women with attitudes.
Racist
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40753 Jun 27, 2013
TSF wrote:
Yes, corporations are owned by people. The MAJOR stockholders in corporations like Exxon , GE, etc. are usually rich. They pay lobbyist to pay congressmen to pass laws giving the corporations laws that stifle competition, excuse taxes, award no bid government contracts , award US government owned natural resources and mining, drilling, fracking, etc rights for a paupers penance and even give cash incentives and tax rebates for not even paying taxes in the first place,. Example: USA owned cedar timber in Alaska is being sold for $1.18 (yes, ONE dollar eighteen cents) per thousand board feet.( I was paying over $1800 per thousand board feet of cedar 20 years ago). While the rich and well connected rob us totally blind, the public's attention is focused on the expense of disabled veterans , granny's social security and yes baby mommas. We cannot get control of our finances without being honest about what is really happening to our money.
<quoted text>
Sorry, where did you get the timber stats?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#40754 Jun 27, 2013
Wondering why Gomez didn't get more support from the national Republican Party.

Location hidden

#40756 Jun 27, 2013
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Racist
Just saying!
Great Post

Zurich, Switzerland

#40757 Jun 27, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Post! Absolutely true, well said, hear, hear!
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40758 Jun 27, 2013
Statistic Verification
Source: Snope, Business Pundit, The Wal-Mart Effect
Date Verified: 7.31.2012
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is an American multinational retailer corporation that runs chains of large discount department stores and warehouse stores. The company is the world’s third largest public corporation. It is also the biggest private employer in the world with over two million employees, and is the largest retailer in the world. Walmart remains a family-owned business, as the company is controlled by the Walton family who own a 48% stake in Walmart. The company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962, incorporated on October 31, 1969. Walmart is also the largest grocery retailer in the United States. In 2009, it generated 51% of its US$258 billion sales in the U.S. from grocery business.
Wal-Mart Statistics Data
Total amount of money spent at Wal-Mart every hour of every day $36,000,000
Total amount of profit Wal-Mart makes every minute $34,880
Total number of employees 2,000,000
Total number of stores 4,253
Percentage of Americans that live within 15 minutes of Wal-Mart 90%
Total sales annually $405 Billion
Total number of Wal-Mart Brands 27
Average amount of square feet per Wal-Mart Supercenter 197,000 square feet
Amount per every U.S. dollar spent at Wal-Mart 8 cents
Total number of customers per week 100,000,000
World Rank by economy if Wal-Mart were a country 19th
Percent of Wal-Mart cashiers that are women 72%
Percent of purchases made by families making less than $40,000 annually 42%
Percent of Wal-Mart suppliers located in China 80%

Location hidden

#40759 Jun 27, 2013
justasayin wrote:
Statistic Verification
Source: Snope, Business Pundit, The Wal-Mart Effect
Date Verified: 7.31.2012
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is an American multinational retailer corporation that runs chains of large discount department stores and warehouse stores. The company is the world’s third largest public corporation. It is also the biggest private employer in the world with over two million employees, and is the largest retailer in the world. Walmart remains a family-owned business, as the company is controlled by the Walton family who own a 48% stake in Walmart. The company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962, incorporated on October 31, 1969. Walmart is also the largest grocery retailer in the United States. In 2009, it generated 51% of its US$258 billion sales in the U.S. from grocery business.
Wal-Mart Statistics Data
Total amount of money spent at Wal-Mart every hour of every day $36,000,000
Total amount of profit Wal-Mart makes every minute $34,880
Total number of employees 2,000,000
Total number of stores 4,253
Percentage of Americans that live within 15 minutes of Wal-Mart 90%
Total sales annually $405 Billion
Total number of Wal-Mart Brands 27
Average amount of square feet per Wal-Mart Supercenter 197,000 square feet
Amount per every U.S. dollar spent at Wal-Mart 8 cents
Total number of customers per week 100,000,000
World Rank by economy if Wal-Mart were a country 19th
Percent of Wal-Mart cashiers that are women 72%
Percent of purchases made by families making less than $40,000 annually 42%
Percent of Wal-Mart suppliers located in China 80%
This is so beautiful; I believe in this!
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40760 Jun 27, 2013
http://www.statisticbrain.com/wal-mart-compan...
At almost 39 thousand dollars a minute PROFIT, I don't think they give a ratsazz about "employee attitude".

Location hidden

#40762 Jun 27, 2013
justasayin wrote:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/ wal-mart-company-statistics/
At almost 39 thousand dollars a minute PROFIT, I don't think they give a ratsazz about "employee attitude".
Yea, but I get scared when they roll there eyes at me when my Visa is upside down and it doesn't read right. I get scared when they snatch my money from my hand, while smacking their gum.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#40763 Jun 27, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, but I get scared when they roll there eyes at me when my Visa is upside down and it doesn't read right. I get scared when they snatch my money from my hand, while smacking their gum.
You have a Visa?
Wal Mart checker

United States

#40764 Jun 27, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
<quoted text>
The next time you come in her with your Visa upside down it'll be curtains for you!

Location hidden

#40765 Jun 27, 2013
Wal Mart checker wrote:
<quoted text> The next time you come in her with your Visa upside down it'll be curtains for you!
Well, I don't understand why you people always rolling your eyes at me, just because I slide my Visa and its upside down. Sometimes people make mistakes and you people make me nervous with the smacking of your gum at me. I mean, I only come in to buy coffee, body wash, Legos for my 11 yo, super soakers, video games, yogurt, diet Sierra Mist Cranberry, cleaning supplies, pens, pencils, taco crap for Tuesday taco night, steak for steak burritos, etc etc. I give a lot to the store and I don't appreciate having to do everything on my own and to come in line with you people smacking your gum at me and rolling your eyes. I really don't appreciate it!
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40766 Jun 27, 2013
People DO NOT snatch MY money out of my hand. That will be a "call the po-po, we're gonna rumble" situation:). You are correct on the attitude thing though, I've seen amazing things there. Frankly, I do most of my food shopping at Aldi's.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40767 Jun 27, 2013
You know, the thing is employee's, more and more, don't even KNOW what is expected. I've seen employee's sitting under a rack in Belk talking on a cell phone, at Walmart a employee stopped ringing a man up to read HIS newspaper, it's a pulse behind the register.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40768 Jun 27, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't understand why you people always rolling your eyes at me, just because I slide my Visa and its upside down. Sometimes people make mistakes and you people make me nervous with the smacking of your gum at me. I mean, I only come in to buy coffee, body wash, Legos for my 11 yo, super soakers, video games, yogurt, diet Sierra Mist Cranberry, cleaning supplies, pens, pencils, taco crap for Tuesday taco night, steak for steak burritos, etc etc. I give a lot to the store and I don't appreciate having to do everything on my own and to come in line with you people smacking your gum at me and rolling your eyes. I really don't appreciate it!
TMI, TMI,!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
READER TRAVELOGUE: Science teachers, families e... (Jan '08) Tue Amazing Dan 2
How clean is your water in Elkin? (Mar '14) Dec 7 junglejimk 2
Jonesville Music Thread (Apr '14) Nov '14 Musikologist 4
Jonesville Police Report Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 3
Memories brought to life Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 2
Not so hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Hot! Hot! Hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Arlington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web