TSF

Wilson, NC

#40533 Jun 18, 2013
Ex-North Carolina Gov. Jim Holshouser Dies at 78. Now there was a respectable republican who was a champion of education , a religious leader and a compassionate person.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#40534 Jun 18, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you shouldn't be talking about someone being over the edge, especially since you're a certified psychiatric hospital mental case resident patient and a smelly one a that. Have the orderlies change your shitty diaper and wash your poopy hands sweetie.
No way I'm in Lumberton, who are you??
littlepup

Lenoir, NC

#40535 Jun 18, 2013
"(Newser)– News that both Bill Clinton and John McCain think Obama is being a wuss on Syria should be a wake-up call for the President, says Maureen Dowd in the New York Times. "When the man who polled where to take his summer vacation and whether to tell the truth about his affair with Monica Lewinsky tells you you’re a captive of polls, you’d better listen up," she writes. It's a lesson Clinton learned through Kosovo, Bosnia, and his inaction on Rwanda genocide. Once the damage has been done, you can't excuse your inaction by saying "Oh my God, two years ago there was a poll that said 80% of you were against it," Clinton reportedly said in a recent Q&A. "So you really have to in the end trust the American people, tell them what you’re doing, and hope to God you can sell it."

But even now Obama has offered a "pittance" of some small arms and ammunition for Syrian rebels, he's still failing to "sell it." His deputy national security adviser was the one who announced the plan, and even Obama himself has said it won't do anything but buy more time. "He seems incapable of getting in front of issues and shaping public and Congressional opinion with a strong selling job," Dowd writes. "The less Obama leads, the more likely it is that history will see him as a pallid interregnum between two chaotic Clinton eras." Click to read Maureen Dowd's full column at the Times." OR he could do this: " (Newser)

Palin on Syria:'Let Allah Sort It Out' "Militarily, where is our commander in chief? We're talking now more new interventions. I say until we know what we’re doing, until we have a commander in chief who knows what he's doing, well, let these radical Islamic countries who aren't even respecting basic human rights, where both sides are slaughtering each other as they scream over an arbitrary red line,'Allah Akbar,' I say until we have someone who knows what they’re doing, I say let Allah sort it out."
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40536 Jun 18, 2013
Let Bill Clinton and John McCain go to Syria and fight . Let Allah decide their fate also. We have our own oil. To hell with Syria.
littlepup wrote:
"(Newser)– News that both Bill Clinton and John McCain think Obama is being a wuss on Syria should be a wake-up call for the President, says Maureen Dowd in the New York Times. "When the man who polled where to take his summer vacation and whether to tell the truth about his affair with Monica Lewinsky tells you you’re a captive of polls, you’d better listen up," she writes. It's a lesson Clinton learned through Kosovo, Bosnia, and his inaction on Rwanda genocide. Once the damage has been done, you can't excuse your inaction by saying "Oh my God, two years ago there was a poll that said 80% of you were against it," Clinton reportedly said in a recent Q&A. "So you really have to in the end trust the American people, tell them what you’re doing, and hope to God you can sell it."
But even now Obama has offered a "pittance" of some small arms and ammunition for Syrian rebels, he's still failing to "sell it." His deputy national security adviser was the one who announced the plan, and even Obama himself has said it won't do anything but buy more time. "He seems incapable of getting in front of issues and shaping public and Congressional opinion with a strong selling job," Dowd writes. "The less Obama leads, the more likely it is that history will see him as a pallid interregnum between two chaotic Clinton eras." Click to read Maureen Dowd's full column at the Times." OR he could do this: " (Newser)
Palin on Syria:'Let Allah Sort It Out' "Militarily, where is our commander in chief? We're talking now more new interventions. I say until we know what we’re doing, until we have a commander in chief who knows what he's doing, well, let these radical Islamic countries who aren't even respecting basic human rights, where both sides are slaughtering each other as they scream over an arbitrary red line,'Allah Akbar,' I say until we have someone who knows what they’re doing, I say let Allah sort it out."

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#40537 Jun 18, 2013
Talk about shortsighted TSF.... SYRIANS.. don't have much oil. Why do you think the Russians are so interested in Syria? Why do you think the Iranians are sending four thousand elite trooos there?
littlepup

Lenoir, NC

#40538 Jun 18, 2013
TSF wrote:
Let Bill Clinton and John McCain go to Syria and fight . Let Allah decide their fate also. We have our own oil. To hell with Syria.
<quoted text>
Tell your President.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#40539 Jun 18, 2013
The USA doesn't get much oil from Syria. Russia has billions of dollars in trade and investments in Syria. Which they do not want jeopardized. They are also trying to keep revolution from spreading to Russian Dagestan, which is Muslim.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40540 Jun 18, 2013
I have no concern about Russia's investments , trade agreements or civil war in Syria or Russia. We should leave them alone and let them settle it themselves. Those towel heads have been fighting each other for thousands of years and we think we can stop it? Both sides in this civil war hate the USA. Eventually, either or both sides will use our own weapons against our troops. I think Obama is caving in to pressure of political polls by even sending them anything. We should stay out of family fights. Years ago, a man cut a new suit right off me because I tried to stop him beating his wife. She joined in with him attacking me. I learned that if a man wants to beat his wife, she probably deserves it. Same goes for countries having civil wars.
waco1909 wrote:
The USA doesn't get much oil from Syria. Russia has billions of dollars in trade and investments in Syria. Which they do not want jeopardized. They are also trying to keep revolution from spreading to Russian Dagestan, which is Muslim.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#40541 Jun 18, 2013
Syria is only a part of what is happening. Turkey is looking unstable at this point, as middle class Turks are beginning disenchanted with the ruling party , which has become more religious and far less secular than they like. The whole area has been a powderkeg for years, but now the fuse is burning fast. Iran made the decision to send in four thousand troops, which is greatly alarming the Israelis. China, Russia, and USA all have interests in the area. Your isolationist tendencies are naive in 2013. You tend to think in black and white friend. This isn't 1917. The major industrial powers are far more closely intertwined now. What affects one, affects all.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40542 Jun 18, 2013
Not much difference there between 2013 and 1917. The towel heads were fighting each other over water holes with black powder rifles in 1917. 2013 they are fighting each other over territory with Ak 47s, missiles and jet planes. Let them fight.
Leave them alone. We have already borrowed ourselves into bankruptcy with wars that are really none of our business. Its time to pay attention to our own problems instead of worrying about everyone else.
waco1909 wrote:
Syria is only a part of what is happening. Turkey is looking unstable at this point, as middle class Turks are beginning disenchanted with the ruling party , which has become more religious and far less secular than they like. The whole area has been a powderkeg for years, but now the fuse is burning fast. Iran made the decision to send in four thousand troops, which is greatly alarming the Israelis. China, Russia, and USA all have interests in the area. Your isolationist tendencies are naive in 2013. You tend to think in black and white friend. This isn't 1917. The major industrial powers are far more closely intertwined now. What affects one, affects all.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#40544 Jun 18, 2013
Hitler had some simple solutions to the problems of Germany. Simple is not always better.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

#40545 Jun 18, 2013
I say again.what affects one affects all.I say again,this is not 1917.If you cant grasp the concept TSF then you are simply being obtuse.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40546 Jun 18, 2013
Exactly. The many factions of the Syrian resistance are almost exclusively Muslim extremist who hate America.. Under Al-Assad's government Christians have had some measure of protection from the Muslim fanatics. So if Al-Assad is deposed , what do you suppose will happen to those Christians after that? The chicken hawks are beating the war drums again, and I understand that, its good for the arms business, but it is horrible for the US treasury . What would make more sense to me is to SELL them arms rather than borrow money from China to GIVE them arms. Protecting Israel is not an excuse either.. The Zionist Jews really don't care what happens to the Syrian Christians-- or the US either for that matter.
waco1909 wrote:
Hitler had some simple solutions to the problems of Germany. Simple is not always better.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40547 Jun 18, 2013
One concept that I have a firm grasp of is the USA treasury being extremely fragile. I am unwilling to borrow more money from China to send jet planes and drones fight a bunch of towel heads who burn camel shit to cook with. That makes the USA look like a bully to the rest of the world . It makes us look weak to the world and invites further aggression. It expends valuable resources that we should be spending on updating our crumbling infrastructure and improving our rotting finances. When the USA is actually threatened, we should wipe out the enemy using anything available. Until then , we should mind our own business and stay quiet .
waco1909 wrote:
I say again.what affects one affects all.I say again,this is not 1917.If you cant grasp the concept TSF then you are simply being obtuse.
TROLL

Clover, SC

#40548 Jun 18, 2013
SOLUTION TO IRS PROBLEM = EVERYONE should send the IRS a page of printer paper with your choice of whatever comments you wish. Send this paper every day and bury their sorry a$$e$ in paper. They have to open every envelope.
jack

Garner, NC

#40549 Jun 18, 2013
rocky balboa

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#40550 Jun 18, 2013
We have no friends in Syria, on either side. Oddly enough, the USA will surpass Saudi Arabia in oil production later this year.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#40551 Jun 19, 2013
I wonder which state just surpassed California in real GDP. Which one could it possibly be? TEXAS!!
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40552 Jun 19, 2013
Yes, Texas is a great State. But NC is getting national recognition also. Since republikans have started taking our state back---to the 18th century, we now have: 1. legalized possum dropping, 2. are arresting hundreds of clerics each week for peacefully assembling and interfering with lobbyist delivering "contributions" to the state legislators. Why, just recently the speaker of the house ,Thom Tillis got $30,000 from pay day lenders to raise interest rates to 30% and add late fees. Don't even mention what the governor gets for signing this law. 3. we have fired over 1200 teachers so that every lawyer in every law firm in NC can have an ADDITIONAL $50,000 tax break. There is much much more, but you see that Texas is not getting ALL the national attention.
waco1909 wrote:
I wonder which state just surpassed California in real GDP. Which one could it possibly be? TEXAS!!
emlu

Lenoir, NC

#40553 Jun 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Exactly. The many factions of the Syrian resistance are almost exclusively Muslim extremist who hate America.. Under Al-Assad's government Christians have had some measure of protection from the Muslim fanatics. So if Al-Assad is deposed , what do you suppose will happen to those Christians after that? The chicken hawks are beating the war drums again, and I understand that, its good for the arms business, but it is horrible for the US treasury . What would make more sense to me is to SELL them arms rather than borrow money from China to GIVE them arms. Protecting Israel is not an excuse either.. The Zionist Jews really don't care what happens to the Syrian Christians-- or the US either for that matter.
<quoted text>
Your President is providing the arms while he is willing to sit down at the table and talk peace. How do you think that's going to work out. As for the "Zionist" how do you know the way the feel?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonesville Police Report Oct 20 Ace Mcmillan 3
Memories brought to life Oct 20 Ace Mcmillan 2
Not so hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Hot! Hot! Hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Review: Revival Pain Management (Jul '13) Aug '14 Lynn 2
Jonesville Music Thread (Apr '14) Jul '14 Musikologist 3
Review: Revival Pain Management (May '13) Jul '14 Mike C 8
Arlington Dating
Find my Match

Arlington Jobs