Man accused of stealing copper wire f...

Man accused of stealing copper wire from State Fairgrounds skip...

There are 73 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 18, 2008, titled Man accused of stealing copper wire from State Fairgrounds skip.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Mark Joseph Shetka, one of a pair of brothers charged in the theft of copper wire from the State Fairgrounds, failed to show up in court for an appearance this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
to hard

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 18, 2008
Catch and release
Del Capslock

Cresco, IA

#2 Sep 18, 2008
"Judge Robert Awsumb"

Is this guy maybe Casey Jones' son? Casey was Roger Awsumb.
Grizzly Adams

Maple Grove, MN

#3 Sep 18, 2008
to hard wrote:
Catch and release
Exactly. Why bother to show up for your trial? There's very little downside.
Hey

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Sep 18, 2008
Why was he let go before the court date? Isn't 25,000 a felony? Of course it is..

dang it, I was so happy someone finally got caught. They need to catch them all, especially the ones destroying historic houses/buildings by ripping out the copper through the walls.
Fed up

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Sep 18, 2008
Not a bright bulb that one!!!
Alex

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 18, 2008
Good luck trying to find him now.
to hard

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Sep 18, 2008
He will get caught eventually - criminals are not the brightest bulbs on the tree, sharpest knife in the drawer, few cards short of a deck, elevator doesn't go to the top floor, and so on and so on..can anyone add any new ones?
guy

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Sep 18, 2008
I wonder if the other brother or the equally meth-headed girlfriend will show up for their trial... yeah right.
Read the Constitution

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Sep 18, 2008
to hard wrote:
Catch and release
Please take your time and read the story. Then take your time to read the US and Minnesota Constitutions.

He was not convicted just charged. In the USA and Minnesota, you are presumed innocent. Everyone with a felony on down gets some form of bail.

OJ, Scooter Libby, and Anthony Klaseus who killed his son all got bail.

This dude forfeited has now forfeited his bail and can now be picked up and held without bail.
Read the Constitution

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Sep 18, 2008
to hard wrote:
He will get caught eventually - criminals are not the brightest bulbs on the tree, sharpest knife in the drawer, few cards short of a deck, elevator doesn't go to the top floor, and so on and so on..can anyone add any new ones?
Does that you have done many criminal acts (just joking).
Joan

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Sep 18, 2008
Maybe he couldn't make it back from the Wisc. State Fair in time!
Help Please

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Sep 18, 2008
Judges do not always grant bail. They can order a person to be held to stand trial. That just doesn't happen in every case.

I grew up near the Shetkas. Dan has a criminal felony record going back thirty years. I'm sure Marks record is near as bad.

I guess the judge did not feel they were worth hanging on too!

Dan Shetka was just caught again 09/01 felony auto theft, possesion of burglary tools. What do you want to bet he's out right now?
juan pablo

Denver, CO

#16 Sep 18, 2008
hang 'em with copper wire
The Kevin show

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Sep 18, 2008
Del Capslock wrote:
"Judge Robert Awsumb"
Is this guy maybe Casey Jones' son? Casey was Roger Awsumb.
Yes Robert is his son, He has Casey Jones DVDs in his Chambers, Very good Judge as well. I happen to be a cop and I arrested these two brothers about a month ago they are in and out of the sysytem constantly.

Since: Apr 08

Minneapolis

#18 Sep 18, 2008
Time really flies when you're smoking the glass dyck.. I bet he was too busy taking something apart and NOT putting it back together..
Help Please

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Sep 18, 2008
LOL,,, Are you saying he's tweaking?
Desktop Tech wrote:
Time really flies when you're smoking the glass dyck.. I bet he was too busy taking something apart and NOT putting it back together..

“Things can only get better”

Since: May 08

Minneapolis

#20 Sep 18, 2008
Dude,
Next time be sure to melt the wire down before trying to peddle it.
Sometimes I actually believe there is a GOD and whoever it is justs laughs their a$$ off at humans.
Monk

Manitowoc, WI

#21 Sep 18, 2008
The Kevin show wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Robert is his son, He has Casey Jones DVDs in his Chambers, Very good Judge as well. I happen to be a cop and I arrested these two brothers about a month ago they are in and out of the sysytem constantly.
Did you guys recover the copper?
Thanks for the job you do. You deal with people I don't want anywhere near me or my family.
wwwdotme

United States

#22 Sep 18, 2008
Read the Constitution wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that you have done many criminal acts (just joking).
You have read the Constitution but can not compose a sentence.(Just Kidding)

Since: Apr 08

Minneapolis

#23 Sep 18, 2008
Help Please wrote:
LOL,,, Are you saying he's tweaking?
<quoted text>
lol.. yep, that's my guess!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniella amorin. Anyone know her? (Jun '16) Jun '16 Santiago 1
Review: Trailblazer Transit (Jan '16) Jan '16 Chuck66 1
power is out (Feb '15) Feb '15 alex 1
News Former day-care provider sentenced for severely... (Jan '09) Jan '15 Hendersonite 9
Debate: Nuclear Power - Arlington, MN (May '11) Jul '11 Mellod 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 DJ 4
Arlington Irish Baseball (Jun '09) Jun '09 Dick Heitman 1

Arlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arlington Mortgages