Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,397
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#73099 May 5, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, he was a little more than that.
Several of the founding fathers had slaves, including Washington and Ben Franklin.
One needs to judge them in the context of their times.
No, one does not.
It's interesting how often the "morals are objective" types (don't know if you are or not) suddenly start saying we need to judge the founding fathers in the context of their times.
Bzzzt...wrong.
Murder, rape, kidnapping, and forced labor are all wrong, regardless of the times.

North Hollywood, CA

#73100 May 5, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume rimming is ok for Hughbe too? What possibilities!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Well, you can to that with a woman.:)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73101 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you can to that with a woman.:)
bummer

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#73102 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
So CunNt, that would be that you are a sub-fool.
Try and post something intelligent for a change. You're embarasing yourself with your rants and your foolish reliance on con men like Beck and Barton for your "facts".

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#73103 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, one does not.
It's interesting how often the "morals are objective" types (don't know if you are or not) suddenly start saying we need to judge the founding fathers in the context of their times.
Bzzzt...wrong.
Murder, rape, kidnapping, and forced labor are all wrong, regardless of the times.
Like me, Former is an atheist. I doubt he believes in an objective moralty, but I'll let him speak for himself.

BTW - welcome to the thread. I should warn you, Hugh should only be taken in small doses (unless you're into masochism). The stupid oozes from his pores.
News report

Pine Ridge, SD

#73104 May 5, 2014
Christian Boy Dies For 3 Minutes, Meets Allah in Heaven

May 05, 2014

A young Christian boy who briefly died on a surgeon’s operating table this weekend says he met someone named Allah in heaven.

Bobby Anderson, the son of a well-known Christian pastor in Atlanta, suffered internal injuries from an automobile accident and was technically dead for 3 minutes before being resuscitated. During that time the 12-year-old claims he visited the afterlife and spoke to several leading figures of the Islamic religion.

“I didn’t see Jesus anywhere,” he told WGCL news after the ordeal,“There was someone named Allah. And someone named Mohammad. And there were 72 very beautiful women all around me.

“But I didn’t see anyone in my family. Not even grandma and grandpa. Everyone there had darker skin. They weren’t like us at all.

“I asked my father ‘Why wasn’t Jesus in heaven daddy?’ He couldn’t give me an answer. I’d never heard of Allah before this, but now I’m gonna read more about him. He seems pretty real to me.”

Bobby Anderson’s story bears striking similarities to that of Colton Burpo, a pastor’s son who briefly died during surgery and later claimed to have met with Jesus in heaven.

Coulton’s story was told in the popular book Heaven is For Real, which is now a major motion picture starring Greg Kinnear and Thomas Hayden Church.

Although the Burpo's family's story had a happy and lucrative ending, the Anderson family has been torn apart by Bobby's claims.

However, Todd Anderson, Bobby’s father, says his son’s experience has not made him question his own deeply held Christian faith.

“It’s kinda disturbing to me that he didn’t meet Jesus in heaven,” he told reporters,“But clearly my son is suffering from some sort of schizophrenia or something.

“I mean seeing Jesus in heaven, that's a miracle. No question. But seeing Allah in heaven? That's crying out for a heavy dose of antipsychotic medication."

North Hollywood, CA

#73105 May 5, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Like me, Former is an atheist. I doubt he believes in an objective moralty, but I'll let him speak for himself.
BTW - welcome to the thread. I should warn you, Hugh should only be taken in small doses (unless you're into masochism). The stupid oozes from his pores.
Yet he never runs out of it.
:)

North Hollywood, CA

#73106 May 5, 2014
News report wrote:
Christian Boy Dies For 3 Minutes, Meets Allah in Heaven
May 05, 2014
A young Christian boy who briefly died on a surgeon’s operating table this weekend says he met someone named Allah in heaven.
Bobby Anderson, the son of a well-known Christian pastor in Atlanta, suffered internal injuries from an automobile accident and was technically dead for 3 minutes before being resuscitated. During that time the 12-year-old claims he visited the afterlife and spoke to several leading figures of the Islamic religion.
“I didn’t see Jesus anywhere,” he told WGCL news after the ordeal,“There was someone named Allah. And someone named Mohammad. And there were 72 very beautiful women all around me.
“But I didn’t see anyone in my family. Not even grandma and grandpa. Everyone there had darker skin. They weren’t like us at all.
“I asked my father ‘Why wasn’t Jesus in heaven daddy?’ He couldn’t give me an answer. I’d never heard of Allah before this, but now I’m gonna read more about him. He seems pretty real to me.”
Bobby Anderson’s story bears striking similarities to that of Colton Burpo, a pastor’s son who briefly died during surgery and later claimed to have met with Jesus in heaven.
Coulton’s story was told in the popular book Heaven is For Real, which is now a major motion picture starring Greg Kinnear and Thomas Hayden Church.
Although the Burpo's family's story had a happy and lucrative ending, the Anderson family has been torn apart by Bobby's claims.
However, Todd Anderson, Bobby’s father, says his son’s experience has not made him question his own deeply held Christian faith.
“It’s kinda disturbing to me that he didn’t meet Jesus in heaven,” he told reporters,“But clearly my son is suffering from some sort of schizophrenia or something.
“I mean seeing Jesus in heaven, that's a miracle. No question. But seeing Allah in heaven? That's crying out for a heavy dose of antipsychotic medication."
LOL! Perfect!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73107 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Most people into anal sex are straight.
Does that make them gay? No.

My basic point is that men should naturally be attracted to women and women should naturally be attracted to men - this is the natural sexual instinct.

Men being sexually attracted to other men, men/women being sexually attracted to animals, men/women being sexually attracted to water melons, men/women being sexually attracted to 9 year olds or whatever are the abnormal instincts - deviations from the normal.

Anyway, what's your philosophy of life?

What do you work as?

What's your educational background like?

Which is your favorite holiday spot?

Location hidden

#73108 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#73109 May 5, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US, we have free press as long as it doesnt lead to incitement. That has nothing to do with credibility.
I really wonder how you have succeeded in life so far, lacking any sense of critical cognitive ability. My guess is that your success is relatively modest...
What free press?

You cannot write anything against Jews , they would send you to Jail for Anti Semitism, whatever it means.

Location hidden

#73110 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Christians love to feel they are being persecuted. They figure it fulfills biblical prophesy.
No, persecution complex is more a Jewish thing.

With Christians, it has everything to do with the sinner concept - the self-denigration idea which to me is so degrading.

I think it can traced to Jesus who said he'd come to save sinners and to suffer for humankind or something like that.

Which biblical prophesy are you referring to?

Instead of saying that I am a "sinner", I'll rather view myself as an evolving sentient being moving from lower truth to higher truth with the occasional regresses.

We should learn from past mistakes or from the errors of others and make the right moves to avoid trouble as far as possible.

Location hidden

#73111 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

It was founded on CHRISTIAN principles:

Murder, theft, slavery and the denial of rights to women.
Did Jesus teach any of these atrocities or are these barbaric instances of inhuman behavior found in the Hebrew Bible?

Please clarify.

North Hollywood, CA

#73112 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make them gay? No.
My basic point is that men should naturally be attracted to women and women should naturally be attracted to men - this is the natural sexual instinct.
For straight people it is.
Committing adultery is part of the natural sexual instinct, so I assume you are cool with that.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Men being sexually attracted to other men, men/women being sexually attracted to animals, men/women being sexually attracted to water melons, men/women being sexually attracted to 9 year olds or whatever are the abnormal instincts - deviations from the normal.
Being over 6 feet tall is a deviation from the normal. So what?
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Anyway, what's your philosophy of life?
What do you work as?
What's your educational background like?
Which is your favorite holiday spot?
Go to a dating site.

North Hollywood, CA

#73113 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus teach any of these atrocities or are these barbaric instances of inhuman behavior found in the Hebrew Bible?
Please clarify.
He didn't have to, they already knew them.

Location hidden

#73114 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

For straight people it is.
LOL.

Straight people may turn explorative - rear entry, oral, kama sutra positions, etc, but the act will always be between man and woman.

Location hidden

#73115 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Committing adultery is part of the natural sexual instinct, so I assume you are cool with that.

I have not commented on morals whether adultery is right or wrong but now that you've raised the point - well, infidelity is an act of betrayal. It should not be done. Trust in a relationship is very important.

Location hidden

#73116 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Being over 6 feet tall is a deviation from the normal. So what?
No, it is not provided the innate instinct where sexual orientation is concerned is normal which should reflect man-woman attraction and not the deviant homosexual attraction.

North Hollywood, CA

#73117 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
No, persecution complex is more a Jewish thing.
With Christians, it has everything to do with the sinner concept - the self-denigration idea which to me is so degrading.
I think it can traced to Jesus who said he'd come to save sinners and to suffer for humankind or something like that.
Which biblical prophesy are you referring to?
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. "Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

Location hidden

#73118 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

He didn't have to, they already knew them.
So, Christians have picked up those barbarisms from the Hebrew Bible - yes.

I have not read about Jesus preaching slavery, discrimination against women, murdering babies, cannibalism, blood sacrifices and other evils which are Hebrew specialties that they in turn picked up from the neighboring cultures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arenas Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Thu I love the southwest 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Wed Insect Trust 30
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 11 FEDUPw-dumb-mean-... 45
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 5 Yes 11
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
•••
•••
•••

Arenas Valley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Arenas Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Arenas Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Arenas Valley