Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,386
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71237 Apr 10, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Control your erections...
Control your jealousy, inferiority complex and stupidity.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71238 Apr 10, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Aurobindo spoke Brit English with a Brit accent since he lived in England since age 7 till age 22 or so.
Its all moot because unlike us Americans, neither the Brits nor the Indians have any clue how to speak English anyhow.

:)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71239 Apr 10, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

One doesnt normally think of government offices as "exclusive" in the way you are conveying. I think you may be projecting a bit here.
Then you don't know anything about exclusiveness. Understandable.

Location hidden

#71240 Apr 10, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I neglect to add a smiley face :) to my question....only kidding, silly.
I would approve as long as this house is not on the ostentatious side.
:))
I do so abhor ostentation, don't you?
I have a hard time believing a house can be worth 2 billion (Dollars?). An estate, with all its endowments, maybe. But not a physical house with its outbuildings and hardscaping. A little exaggeration.(gives color to this thread though, dont you think?)

Location hidden

#71241 Apr 10, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think he was jealous, I think he was offering tender loving advice....
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71242 Apr 10, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Did I neglect to add a smiley face :) to my question....only kidding, silly.

I would approve as long as this house is not on the ostentatious side.

:))
I do so abhor ostentation, don't you?
Mukesh Ambani's $2 billion house, Antilia, on Altamount Road, that's rated the most expensive house in the world, is tasteful in most aspects.

To rival Antilia, another industrialist, Gautam Singhania, is building a $1.5 billion house on Mumbai's high profile Breach Candy and Mukesh Ambani's brother, Anil Ambani, is constructing a $ 1 billion house in trendy Bandra in suburban Mumbai.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71243 Apr 10, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Aurobindo spoke Brit English with a Brit accent since he lived in England since age 7 till age 22 or so.
If he were born and grew up in England then you have a point. The fact he lived for 13-14 years doesn't imply he spoke a Brit English.

If that is your reason why he spoke a Brit English, then you are left with nothing to prove you're right.

Besides he lived for many years in Manchester and in poverty. Assuming for absurd he got a Brit English then he got a Manchester accent of the working class. Manchester accent is very bad, let alone the working class'.

There are so many foreigners in Europe that came here when they were children and after many years they still speak European language(s) with their foreign accent.

I've seen the same thing in U.S.

Anyway he's on the record to have spoken English with a marked Indian accent.

Location hidden

#71244 Apr 10, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what?

Why would I be jealous, stupid and with a inferiority complex?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71245 Apr 10, 2014
At present, real estate prices are picking up here after a period of stagnation.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71246 Apr 10, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a hard time believing a house can be worth 2 billion (Dollars?). An estate, with all its endowments, maybe. But not a physical house with its outbuildings and hardscaping. A little exaggeration.(gives color to this thread though, dont you think?)
He's clearly compensating for his tiny erections. And his thick accent.

"Excuse me, please."

"Thank you, come again."
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71247 Apr 10, 2014
Hey,

Where's Hugh?

Hugh, come online.

Location hidden

#71248 Apr 10, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Mukesh Ambani's $2 billion house, Antilia, on Altamount Road, that's rated the most expensive house in the world, is tasteful in most aspects.
To rival Antilia, another industrialist, Gautam Singhania, is building a $1.5 billion house on Mumbai's high profile Breach Candy and Mukesh Ambani's brother, Anil Ambani, is constructing a $ 1 billion house in trendy Bandra in suburban Mumbai.
According to wiki, value of the property is inflated by the market and not by the capital improvements.

In other words, if you buy into the hype, it is worth 2 Billion. If you use real appraisal methods, probably not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antilia_ (building)

Location hidden

#71249 Apr 10, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
"Excuse me, please."
"Thank you, come again."
According to this- the only metro area more expensive than our county is San Francisco.

http://blog.ctnews.com/propertyrounds/2014/04...

Million dollar homes make up less than 2 percent of the market in 44 of the nation’s 100 largest metropolitan areas, according to a new analysis released last month by Trulia. But here in Fairfield County, Connecticut, the rate is 15 times higher, making the area one of Trulia’s top million-dollar metros in the area.

In total, 29.7 percent of Fairfield County listings on the real estate website are priced at or above $1 million, the analysis states.

Location hidden

#71250 Apr 10, 2014
The Frisbie Baking company (1871-1958) of Bridgeport, Connecticut, made pies that were sold to many New England colleges. Hungry college students soon discovered that the empty pie tins could be tossed and caught, providing endless hours of game and sport.
A Los Angeles building inspector named Walter Frederick Morrison produced a plastic Frisbie called the Pluto Platter, which went on to become the frisbee we know today.

Also, houseflies don't allow their short lifespans (14 days) to hinder their musical abilities. They always hum in the key of F.

Location hidden

#71251 Apr 10, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to give things their right dimension.

First it's not a house but a residential complex with over 27 floors. The cost to build that residential complex was around $77 million (I presume dollars) in 2010.

Nowadays the land over that complex has increased and according to some speculation the value of that building arrived close to US$ 2 billions.

From the age.com .au 15 Oct 2010 (the year when the residential building was completed)
"While the home cost about $77 million to build, Mumbai's growing property prices means Antilia is now estimated to be worth 15 times more - about $1 billion."

From Newyorktimes: 15 Jun 2008
"(Although the price tag for the residence has drawn estimates as high as $2 billion, a Reliance spokesman said it would ultimately cost $50 million to $70 million.)"
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71252 Apr 10, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Hey,
Where's Hugh?
Hugh, come online.
Perhaps you'd like to re-phrase that? or not

Location hidden

#71253 Apr 10, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
"Excuse me, please."
"Thank you, come again."
LOL

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#71255 Apr 10, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all moot because unlike us Americans, neither the Brits nor the Indians have any clue how to speak English anyhow.
:)
You'd think they would have learned to speak Amer'cun by now.:-)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71256 Apr 10, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
According to this- the only metro area more expensive than our county is San Francisco.
http://blog.ctnews.com/propertyrounds/2014/04...
Million dollar homes make up less than 2 percent of the market in 44 of the nation’s 100 largest metropolitan areas, according to a new analysis released last month by Trulia. But here in Fairfield County, Connecticut, the rate is 15 times higher, making the area one of Trulia’s top million-dollar metros in the area.
In total, 29.7 percent of Fairfield County listings on the real estate website are priced at or above $1 million, the analysis states.
Our house would be 4 times the value (at least) in G'ch. Maybe 5 times.

A million dollar house in G'ch is not a special house at all. You need to go more a like 1 1/2 for an average-looking house. My friends mom just sold her house in Riverside - nothing special - an immediate tear-down. 1.6 + million (but great location near Riverside School)

Location hidden

#71257 Apr 10, 2014
TO JOEL

The NYTIMES' article that speaks about Ambani, at one point spend a few words about you or the character you portray yourself, here.

I'll report what it says:

"For generations, Altamount was a favored address for India’s Anglicized elite, a group British imperialists groomed in their own image. To a 19th-century British official, Thomas Babington Macaulay, they were “interpreters between us and the millions whom we govern; a class of persons, Indian in blood and color, but English in taste, in opinions, in morals and in intellect.”

As time went on, the elites were steeped in British culture, spoke with Oxbridge accents, pooh-poohed Bollywood films and danced only to British and American music. They dismissed those who spoke Indian languages at home as “vernies,” short for “vernaculars.”

Then, in the 1990s, Bombay changed its name to Mumbai, and Altamount was renamed S. K. Barodawalla Marg. Neither name has stuck with everyone, but the changes were part of an emerging movement to purge India of its colonial legacy.

Such changes accompanied the rise to power of a new class of Indians who want to live and work and raise their children in India, who are tethered to Indian values, food and popular culture and who are unapologetic about their indigenous tastes. The Ambanis are this class’s first family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arenas Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Range Artist plan plein air show 16 hr I love the southwest 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Wed Insect Trust 30
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 11 FEDUPw-dumb-mean-... 45
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 5 Yes 11
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
•••
•••
Arenas Valley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Arenas Valley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Arenas Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE