Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,301
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65960 Jan 15, 2014
Lizard poisons Spock. LOL.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65961 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreign banks back here give us the best financial services/financial deals..... except for say ICICI.
People of wealth here, and even us middle class, dont even bother with banks. Thats what brokerage houses and hedge funds are for.

Location hidden

#65962 Jan 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

People of wealth here, and even us middle class, dont even bother with banks. Thats what brokerage houses and hedge funds are for.
Everyone should have a bank account, in fact several.

Investment in the local and international markets can be made through banks.

The added benefit of being a big investor in banks like Chase Manhattan, Goldman Sachs, ICICI, Bank of Tokyo, ANZ, Deutsche Bank and others is easy access to platinum, gold and Forex. I buy substantial amounts of precious metals and all my foreign currency only through banks especially the foreign ones or through ICICI.

I don't trust private brokers who're fronts for underworld for certain reasons. I've had bad experiences with them including blackmail and threats when huge amounts are involved....

A big investor in banks can garner several benefits from the banks that would not have been available otherwise and banks here help big time investors to conceal huge amounts of wealth so that it does not attract undue attention from tax authorities.

At a deeper level, however, there's a mutual understanding between the higher ups in elite banking circles, politicians and IT officials and so the rich clients benefit....

Location hidden

#65963 Jan 15, 2014
Bend it like Beckham. ha ha

Location hidden

#65964 Jan 15, 2014
According to the late Francisco Varela, Chilean biologist, philosopher, and neuroscientist, the primary conscious experience, common to all higher vertebrates, is not located in a specific part of the brain, nor can it be identified in terms of specific neural structures. Conscious experience is the manifestation of a particular cognitive process - a transient synchronization of diverse, rhythmically oscillating neural circuits.

Location hidden

#65965 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
The added benefit of being a big investor in banks like Chase Manhattan, Goldman Sachs, ICICI, Bank of Tokyo, ANZ, Deutsche Bank and others is easy access to platinum, gold and Forex. I buy substantial amounts of precious metals and all my foreign currency only through banks especially the foreign ones or through ICICI.
I don't trust private brokers who're fronts for underworld for certain reasons. I've had bad experiences with them including blackmail and threats when huge amounts are involved....
A big investor in banks can garner several benefits from the banks that would not have been available otherwise and banks here help big time investors to conceal huge amounts of wealth so that it does not attract undue attention from tax authorities.
At a deeper level, however, there's a mutual understanding between the higher ups in elite banking circles, politicians and IT officials and so the rich clients benefit....
I forget you live in a third world country where probably large banks are the best bet to steer clear from corruption. Here, if you want to be "legally" fleeced, then you go through a large bank.

Location hidden

#65966 Jan 15, 2014
"As we know how we know, we bring forth ourselves."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65967 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, here, the posh banks, mostly foreign, are almost like 5 star hotels in so many ways.
In your words above I am seeing 3 F's that are important and so let me share my observations.

1. F which stands for FOREIGN, among other things, and P (posh) which underscores its service type.

2. F for FREEDOM from or being relieved of your money via "service charges" when an ATM etc. is used.

3. F for F-ive star hotels where you go to get F-ed or freed from certain conditions via the discharge of stress and anxieties.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65968 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you are rich for the sake of your argument... Are you saying you keep all your money in bank(s)?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65969 Jan 15, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben Stein. What a tool. Lost all respect for him after he came out with his intelligent design "documentary" "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed".
And it seems just about anyone can call himself an "economist" these days.

Kimmel was the best part of that show!

What was the gist of his movie? Not familiar.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65970 Jan 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>I get them confused (no TV remember? I rely on youtube) but I really like Kimmel. He is a great performer.
Forgive if I've mentioned - went to a Letterman
taping in the fall with my sister. Robin Williams guest.
Renee Fleming sang top 10 list. Great show. We were
right in front of the band.

Went to the soup Nazi! The guy who he's based on isn't
there anymore but the mulligatawny was great. Now the wife
makes it.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65971 Jan 15, 2014
Hugh----So pluck out the eyes, stop the ears, plug the nostrils, deaden the senses etc of all yogis.

JOEL COOL DUDE----It would make no difference if the brain and sense organs like nose, ears etc of a yogi were plugged or made inoperational.

Hugh--- Please I am not a believer so make me one by telling the greatest of yogis to confirm your assertion on live television for the entire world to see. The world will have an interest in it. The media would love the revenues generated. The scientists would have an interest. Also, tell the participants to get lawyers to draw up the relevant documents containing all the expectations, declarations including immunity and let all of the yogis sign them, just in case the experiment/confirmation fails.

Much love, Mon.

Joel----This is because when the yogi's energy field with its innate consciousness enters into a state of the higher frequencies of vibration the need for perception or for sensory experience via the physical organs is bypassed and the yogi directly perceives or senses everything in various dimensions through the awakened field that can separate itself rom the organs.
In the ordinary state, the organs like brain, nose, ears, tongue etc serve as the physical instruments of the energy field with its inherent consciousness to act.

HughBe---- Let it be subjected to scientific investigation.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65972 Jan 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty darn funny. Especially the Affleck. Who was the guy on the piano at the "we are the world" chorus" at the end?
That was Josh Grobin.

Thanks for an excuse to see that one again. Impressive guests - Harrison Ford, Robin Williams, Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle?, very funny.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65973 Jan 15, 2014
CoR

Never mind. I found it.

Stein: "When we just saw that man, I think it was Mr. Myers, talking about how great scientists were, I was thinking to myself the last time any of my relatives saw scientists telling them what to do they were telling them to go to the showers to get gassed ... that was horrifying beyond words, and that’s where science—in my opinion, this is just an opinion—that’s where science leads you."

Wow. What a moron.

Scientists were pointing the way to the showers?

I don't get his thinking at all.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#65974 Jan 15, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And it seems just about anyone can call himself an "economist" these days.
Kimmel was the best part of that show!
What was the gist of his movie? Not familiar.
Stein is a creationist (of the intelligent design variety). The "documentary" is complaining about how Intelligent Design is not being taught in schools as a viable, alternative scientific theory, alongside evolutionary theory.

From wiki...

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed is a 2008 documentary film directed by Nathan Frankowski and hosted by Ben Stein.[2][3] The film contends that the mainstream science establishment suppresses academics who believe they see evidence of intelligent design in nature and who criticize evidence supporting Darwinian evolution and the modern evolutionary synthesis as a "scientific conspiracy to keep God out of the nation's laboratories and classrooms."[4][5] The scientific theory of evolution is portrayed by the film as contributing to fascism, the Holocaust, communism, atheism, and eugenics.[6][7] The film portrays intelligent design as motivated by science, rather than religion, though it does not give a detailed definition of the phrase or attempt to explain it on a scientific level. Other than briefly addressing issues of irreducible complexity, Expelled examines it as a political issue.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#65975 Jan 15, 2014
former res wrote:
CoR
Never mind. I found it.
Stein: "When we just saw that man, I think it was Mr. Myers, talking about how great scientists were, I was thinking to myself the last time any of my relatives saw scientists telling them what to do they were telling them to go to the showers to get gassed ... that was horrifying beyond words, and that’s where science—in my opinion, this is just an opinion—that’s where science leads you."
Wow. What a moron.
Scientists were pointing the way to the showers?
I don't get his thinking at all.
Yea, the guy's got issues.

Did you know that he also served in the Nixon Administration as a speech writer?

Location hidden

#65976 Jan 15, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Josh Grobin.
Thanks for an excuse to see that one again. Impressive guests - Harrison Ford, Robin Williams, Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle?, very funny.
Grobin - never heard of him. Looked him up on wiki and still never heard of him.

Huey Lewis is still around, lol? I didnt even recognize Meatloaf.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#65977 Jan 15, 2014
I last posted this on December 19th. Anyone want to guess what ever happened with the rock?
HughBe wrote:
Hugh---I cannot speak for G-d as I know him not. However, God is not a field of conscious or unconscious energy.
Liam R--Well, of course you do not know any of the Gods, you waste your time worshiping the false god Jesus.
HughBe---
1. Let us leave MY Jesus out of the picture.
2.I challenge ALL of your gods to prove that they are as mighty as I am.
3. I challenge your impotent gods to demonstrate their powers.
4.Go quickly and tell them of the challenges.
5. Finally, I say piss be upon your gods for I know them not and I do not regard them.
Liam R---
2.I challenge your Jesus to prove that he is as mighty as I am.
3. I challenge your impotent Jesus to demonstrate his powers.
4.Go quickly and tell him of the challenges.
5. Finally, I say piss be upon your Jesus for I know him and I do not regard as anything other than a wandering Jewish revivalist preacher.
In fact, your favorite false god claimed that if anyone has even a little bit of faith, they can move mountains. Okay, I have a small rock, given to me by a cute little girl. It used to sit on a bookshelf close to my dinner table until I moved a couple of years ago. Now it is packed away in a box somewhere. If your Jesus was a real God, you could pray and move that stone from the box to my dinner table tonight.
Start praying..
HughBe--- Plagiarism is never a good thing.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that the rock is still packed away in a box somewhere...
And now to catch up on that months worth of posts that I missed over the holidays...

#65979 Jan 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
I have to admit my knowledge of Xtianity is sketchy but I'm almost certain Santa and bunnies play a prominent role in the liturgy.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text> I think you are confusing christianity with wicca. Ask Liam.
While hares are seen as symbols of fertility, they don't really have a part in the "liturgy" per se. Santa is purely xian, invented for commercial reasons. It was an ad for Coke, IIRC...

#65980 Jan 15, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Incorrect. Huggy preaches the "Old testament", not torah
HughBe--- Clearly your doctored Torah supports homosexuality. I am here to tell you that the Old Testament does not support it and so I shall cleave to the OT.
Correctly translated, the Torah does not condemn homosexuality. It is only in the erroneous translation used by xians that it appears that the OT says anything against gays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arenas Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) 6 hr Simo2504 616
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Arenas Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web