Silver City church plans service to c...

Silver City church plans service to counter Quran-burning

There are 43 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Sep 8, 2010, titled Silver City church plans service to counter Quran-burning. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

A local church is planning an interdenominational service Saturday in response to a Florida pastor's intention to burn copies of the Quran, the Muslim holy book, on the day marking the ninth anniversary of Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Randy

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2010
I don't think this church should burn any Quran books but when it comes down to it Christians are more tolerant of the Islam religion than Islam will ever be of the Christian faith. They don't mind burning our Bibles or our Flag. They only want tolerance when it pertains to them.
Silveroxide

AOL

#2 Sep 9, 2010
So I guess you people support Sharia Law. I guess you support the Imam who is now intimidating and making threats unless his unholy mosque is built. I'm not huge on this koran burning but the man has his rights under the Constitution. If we continue to back down to the fascism that is Islam, we will soon be living under Sharia law, paying the jizra and living like hell. This country will be just another craphole like any other Muslim country. Do you condone beheadings like that of Daniel Pearl? Do you condone the murder of aid workers? I'm sorry, but kissing butt to Islam is NOT the answer. Quit reading the politically correct version of the koran and read the one with the Pickthall translation. Start reading your Islamic history. Start educating yourself and quit supporting a so called religion that has honor killings, ignorance. And perpetrates fear and hate. And for you Christians, read Revelations. The part about false prophets. And before some idiot says I'm being hateful, I'm not. I'm totally against Islam. I didn't say I'm totally against Muslims. And God Bless the Muslims that have the courage to leave Islam even so it is dictated in their Holy Book that there is Death for Apostates.
Silveroxide

AOL

#3 Sep 9, 2010
By the way. In case you didn't get it yet, there is NO separation of Church and State in Islam. Therefore and whereas....
clown shoes

Silver City, NM

#5 Sep 9, 2010
i do not even know where to start.

i do however like the "germans and humans" bit.
fair play there

so the jews got 32000 virgins huh? still, seems like a real waste of the more ...accommodating women though.
ABC

Silver City, NM

#6 Sep 9, 2010
Silveroxide wrote:
So I guess you people support Sharia Law. I guess you support the Imam who is now intimidating and making threats unless his unholy mosque is built. I'm not huge on this koran burning but the man has his rights under the Constitution. If we continue to back down to the fascism that is Islam, we will soon be living under Sharia law, paying the jizra and living like hell. This country will be just another craphole like any other Muslim country. Do you condone beheadings like that of Daniel Pearl? Do you condone the murder of aid workers? I'm sorry, but kissing butt to Islam is NOT the answer. Quit reading the politically correct version of the koran and read the one with the Pickthall translation. Start reading your Islamic history. Start educating yourself and quit supporting a so called religion that has honor killings, ignorance. And perpetrates fear and hate. And for you Christians, read Revelations. The part about false prophets. And before some idiot says I'm being hateful, I'm not. I'm totally against Islam. I didn't say I'm totally against Muslims. And God Bless the Muslims that have the courage to leave Islam even so it is dictated in their Holy Book that there is Death for Apostates.
What kind of scholar of Islam are you? Looks like you read Robert Spencer's lying works and nothing else. Islam is a very diverse religion. The Imam in NYC who wants to build the Islamic cultural center is a Sufi. If you don't know the difference between Sufis and other Muslims, you don't know anything.
Silveroxide

AOL

#7 Sep 9, 2010
I've read far more than you know. Including the words of women in the ME who have lived Islamic life. I don't have to distinguish myself to you. If you are such a dimwitted dhimmi, good luck. That Imam is making threats and intimidation if his precious mosque isn't built. Whatever you want to think. It's still barely America. I know plenty about the Sufi's. And about being fooled. But, whatever you want to think.
Chief of Satan

Washington, DC

#8 Sep 9, 2010
clown shoes wrote:
i do not even know where to start.
i do however like the "germans and humans" bit.
fair play there
so the jews got 32000 virgins huh? still, seems like a real waste of the more ...accommodating women though.
http://thelastoutpost.com/video-2/zionist-jew...

Only the German victims are guilty, not their murderers!

As American, British, German, French and Italian historians ascertained at the Freiburg conference in 1988, not only the main war criminals Churchill and Roosevelt bear the guilt for history’s worst atrocity. The majority of the British and the American population were not blameless either.

The German weekly Der Spiegel stated in its 1/1995 issue: "About six million Germans were killed." As a matter of fact, the actual figure was about fifteen million. But although even the anti-German Spiegel admits that six million Germans were put to death, the German elite only bemoans Jewish victims.

On 12 February 1995, Ernst Cramer wrote in Die Welt (page 12): "When commemorating the victims, we should stop asking about guilt.” And what had the politically super-correct former German president, Roman Herzog, to say about who was guilty of the German genocide? Speaking in Dresden on 13 February 1995, Herzog chose to insult the victims by stating: "It is meaningless to discuss if the bombing war, the inhumanity of which nobody disputes, was legally justified or not. What are such discussions good for, considering that fifty years have elapsed?”(Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, 14 February 1995, p. 1)

But when it comes to monstrously exaggerating the Auschwitz death toll (according to the well-known journalist Fritjof Meyer, three and a half million Auschwitz victims were simply invented in order to denigrate the German people) the professional hypocrites and liars never say: "It is meaningless to discuss this… What are such discussions good for, considering that so and so many years have elapsed?” As a matter of fact, all leading German politicians claim that Germany is guilty in all eternity. Even the unborn Germans are guilty!

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#9 Sep 9, 2010
ABC wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know the difference between Sufis and other Muslims, you don't know anything.
Well tell us then.
Silveroxide

AOL

#10 Sep 9, 2010
ABC:
Why don't you tell people to read the stories of Idries Shah? Why don't you tell people to read Idries Shah's book "The Sufi's"? Why don't you tell people to read his stories on the Mullah Nasruddin? Do you tell people about Rumi? Naquishbandi? Do you tell people about the Sufi's who are murdered in Pakistan for not following hardcore Islam? I know there are different 'tastes' of Islam. It's the whole enchilada of Islam that is appalling. There is entirely too much rule and regulation. There is entirely too much fear. I get what you are saying that
apparently there are plenty of more enlightened Muslims i.e. some Sufi Sects, but it is still a facet of Islam. And until the so called moderates AND Sufi's get out there En Masse and work on enlightening the others, it won't be till 2074 that this Islam (Xtreme) issue is solved.
theo

Vacaville, CA

#11 Sep 9, 2010
ELIMINATE RELIGION IMAGINE THERE IS NO HEAVEN WGAT A BETTER WORLD THIS WOULD BE ARE WE EVER GOING TO GROW UP
Chief of Satan

Washington, DC

#12 Sep 9, 2010
theo wrote:
ELIMINATE RELIGION IMAGINE THERE IS NO HEAVEN WGAT A BETTER WORLD THIS WOULD BE ARE WE EVER GOING TO GROW UP
Son where have been? In the last 200 years 99% wars were secular shame on you video game generation ghotic ladyboys!
Ron

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Sep 9, 2010
There have been more deaths in the name of Christianity than all other religions combined.
blastman

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Sep 9, 2010
you gutless liberal. you
are as bad as obama, apologising to countries for our country. i bet you think its okay to burn the American Flag
Sclew

United States

#15 Sep 9, 2010
As a born-again Christian, I don't understand why a Christian church would include readings from other scriptures than the Holy Bible in services they sponsor. The Bible I read teaches Christians to be discerning and to Stand firm for salvation through Jesus Christ alone.
We are to care about the physical and spiritual well being of our fellowman, but not to take part in activities that deny Jesus Christ. We are to be IN the world but not OF the world. Now that the pastor in FL has decided not to burn the Quran, this gathering loses much of its purpose.
Fly on the Wall

Globe, AZ

#17 Sep 9, 2010
A service of tolerance and solidarity with Islam is about as stupid as a book burning.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#18 Sep 10, 2010
Ron wrote:
There have been more deaths in the name of Christianity than all other religions combined.
There has been more threats against non Muslims from the religion of peace than any other religions combined
bmz

San Diego, CA

#19 Sep 10, 2010
Ron wrote:
it is not comedy night, is it.
clown shoes

Silver City, NM

#20 Sep 10, 2010
Ron wrote:
Ron i would like to see your data on this statment.

or at least some sort of support.
ok and you mean

Silver City, NM

#21 Sep 10, 2010
Chief of Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
Son where have been? In the last 200 years 99% wars were secular shame on you video game generation ghotic ladyboys!
And for thousands of years 99% of wars were waged because of religion.
Al Reine

Santa Fe, NM

#22 Sep 10, 2010
"I was appalled that in a country where we appreciate religious freedoms that someone would show such open bigotry," the Rev. Dr. Wallace Ryan Kuroiwa, interim pastor of Valley Community Church, said about first learning of Pastor Terry Jones' intentions.

Hey Rev...why don't you make a trip to Saudi Arabia and try preaching ANYTHING other than islam. I think you'd look pretty good with a pole shoved up your ass and out your mouth. Because that's what WOULD happen to you over there. Open bigotry? It's called freedom of speech. You don't like it, again, head for Saudi Arabia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arenas Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Mon Black Ice 72,074
Silver City Tourist Experience Apr 18 Visiting Tourists 1
News Senator Morales condemns citizenship question o... Apr 3 Rayber Degn 1
News Silver City street improvements total $13 million Mar '18 Nice 1
News Prior sex offender from Silver City sentenced t... Feb '18 Dan Yardbird 2
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... (Jul '16) Feb '18 rwreck86 3
Confirmed Denny's IS moving into Silver City (Nov '08) Feb '18 FEMA Region lll 29

Arenas Valley Jobs

Personal Finance

Arenas Valley Mortgages