Cave of the Mounds history

Cave of the Mounds history

There are 3 comments on the Wisconsin State Journal story from Aug 1, 2009, titled Cave of the Mounds history. In it, Wisconsin State Journal reports that:

Aug. 4, 1939: A blast of 1,600 pounds of dynamite in a quarry east of Blue Mounds reveals the limestone cavern more than 20 feet high leading to other rooms all containing mineral formations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wisconsin State Journal.

Madison, WI

#1 Aug 3, 2009
My family loves visiting the Cave of the Mounds. We go every summer, and last year we visitied in the winter too, and it was really great to be int there in a different season. It is an awesome place to visit.

Appleton, WI

#2 Apr 13, 2012
Hey do u know where it is located

Appleton, WI

#3 Apr 13, 2012
Heyyy do u know the summer feast is awesome

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Mans walk a thon. (Jun '09) Sep '14 Hardthens 2
I Support Ashton Kirsch for State Assembly (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kirsch for Assembly 1
A New Voice for Wisconsin (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kirsch for Assembly 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Ski 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Wisconsin ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Ski 30
News Village of Arena: Requesting DNR approval for l... (Oct '08) Apr '09 Don 2
News Dairy Expo dilemma: Where do you begin? (Nov '07) Dec '08 neocon4Jesus 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arena Mortgages