49er Aug. 29

49er Aug. 29

There are 7 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Aug 29, 2009, titled 49er Aug. 29. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Thanks Arco I would like to express my appreciation to the Arco station at Clark and Elliott roads for working with our office to provide much-needed gasoline to our clients.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

Old-fashioned

Chico, CA

#1 Aug 29, 2009
Re: "Thanks Arco", that's kind and supportive of Arco. My question is why are people having children when they can't afford them? Are they counting on the taxpayers to cover the bills for their families and for Arco to give them free gas to attend their free appointments and surgeries? Maybe I'm the fool for working 60 hours a week and buying gas and paying for medical insurance for my family.
Lee Lickiss

United States

#2 Aug 31, 2009
Having fished and hiked all the canyons in the Angeles National Forest in So. Cal.for 40 years, I pity the firefighters that are down there on the LA fire. It is rugged and steep, and about 90% Manzanita bushes, which burn hot and fast. And almost impossibe to get to.
Publius2

United States

#3 Aug 31, 2009
RE: Anyone hiring? Have you gotten any responses?

Publius2

United States

#4 Aug 31, 2009
Lee Lickiss wrote:
Having fished and hiked all the canyons in the Angeles National Forest in So. Cal.for 40 years, I pity the firefighters that are down there on the LA fire. It is rugged and steep, and about 90% Manzanita bushes, which burn hot and fast. And almost impossibe to get to.
Having lived in the southland for 18 years, I can remember notable fires, we and our neighbors witnessed the red glow against the night sky. Living in an area where wood shake roofing was popular most of the time, was worrisome to all of us when watching glowing embers floating by.
My father in law was an LA Fireman who worked some of the big fires back then. But the big fires didn't seem nearly as numerous or as devestating as the fires we've seen throughout the state since 2000. Then after the fires there is the rainfall runoff that washes out the devestated areas with catastrophic mud flows. It makes me wonder, could some of these mega fires be organized acts of terrorism?
jaime

Chico, CA

#5 Aug 31, 2009
Publius wrote: "could some of these mega fires be organized acts of terrorism?"

And could Obama be behind them?

I really think Publius is showing signs of clinical paranoia, like so many of those overfed on a diet of talk radio hysteria where boogeymen lurk in ever news story.
Jaime

West Tehama County, CA

#6 Aug 31, 2009
jaime wrote:
Publius wrote: "could some of these mega fires be organized acts of terrorism?"
And could Obama be behind them?
I really think Publius is showing signs of clinical paranoia, like so many of those overfed on a diet of talk radio hysteria where boogeymen lurk in ever news story.
Aren't you liberals the ones who have the global warming boogey man?
And Co2 is bad.
And how about all the Polar bears are dying?
And Bush blew up the dikes.
And let’s not forget that Bush also blew up the twin towers.
And Bush created Katrina.
And we are going to run out of oil.(For forty years now.)
But the Iraq war is for oil.(That we are running out of.)
Oh yeah back in the 70s we were headed for an ice age.
Conservatives are Nazi's and Astroturf.
The human race is the demise of this planet.
Whoops, only the humans in the U.S.A. though.
All animals are dying.
All plant life is dying everything is dying because of the evil humans.
Etc. etc. etc…
Boogey men?
You hysteriacal liberals are the fear mongering every thing is either dying or disappearing where boogey men lurk loonies.
Get real girly man.

And one more thing.
Boogey men. Its two words.
And you said that you are a teacher.
Poor kids.
I bet you have a B.S. degree.
Steve Vandervort

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2009
Old-fashioned wrote:
Re: "Thanks Arco", that's kind and supportive of Arco. My question is why are people having children when they can't afford them? Are they counting on the taxpayers to cover the bills for their families and for Arco to give them free gas to attend their free appointments and surgeries? Maybe I'm the fool for working 60 hours a week and buying gas and paying for medical insurance for my family.
Good question.
Another good question...
Why are people smoking when they can't afford heart-lung transplants?
Why are people speeding when they can't afford either a ticket or the trauma center?
Why are people drinking when they can't afford the DUI or increase in insurance or the liver transplant?
Why are people voting when they can't afford the crap the people they vote for promise?
Why are you so stupid that you can't recognise human nature?
Why did fiscal conservitives vote for Boy George (TWICE) knowing that he was a free spending idiot who had no concept of good governance?
Why did Boy George lie to the American People constantly over eight years? Without question?
Well, we know the answer to that one.
Why, you ask?
Because the American people reley on the main stream media for information.
That is why.
Kill your Television!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arco locals campaign for Idaho's first national... (Feb '16) Feb '16 SHARI 1
unsolved murder in arco 1964 (Oct '14) Oct '14 junaita hiCeida 1
lovely flower (Aug '09) Mar '11 guest 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Debbie 2
Relative (Oct '09) Oct '09 Looking For Info 1
News 09.OCT.08 Chamber discusses plans for special b... (Nov '08) Sep '09 aster 27
greetings Arcoians (Nov '08) Nov '08 _hole 1

Arco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arco Mortgages