Child molester a high risk to reoffend, doctor says

A trial that could keep a 65-year-old convicted child molester behind bars indefinitely entered its third day Wednesday, with testimony from a state psychologist who said if Prentice Nothnagel is released from ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
peanut butter

Eureka, CA

#1 Mar 5, 2009
Just kill the SOB. He has no positive value to society.
MafiaDawn

Eureka, CA

#2 Mar 5, 2009
Throw away the freakin' key.
domino 21

San Francisco, CA

#3 Mar 5, 2009
Why is this perv still alive?
Greg Xhu

Alameda, CA

#4 Mar 5, 2009
I carved his name in a .44magnum bullet, now it goes in his skull. Pedophiles must be killed a slow painful death!
Alginon

Eureka, CA

#5 Mar 5, 2009
Sounds like more than 3 strikes, why is he still here?
anonymous

Daly City, CA

#6 Mar 5, 2009
He is still here because the DA didn't prove that he had prior strike convictions for molesting kids back in 2006. If they had, we wouldn't be having to go through this now.

"According to Deputy District Attorney Arnold Klein, who is prosecuting Nothnagel at trial, on at least one occasion, Nothnagel tied up the child, and on another occasion, threatened to kill him if he told anyone. The 11-year-old later told authorities Nothnagel told him,“You better not tell or I'll kill you. I'll hunt you down,” Updegrove read from a police report. Nothnagel was committed to prison to serve a 16-year sentence. He was released from prison after 8 years.

He should have gone away forever in 2006. Why did the DA allow this plea bargain in 2006 when this guy tied up a child molested him and threatened to kill him. This is just sickening.
The Executioner

Alameda, CA

#7 Mar 5, 2009
Not if I get that sick pervert first, Ill poke his eyes out with a searing hot metal poker that I dipped in crap. Sorry for drooling!
Alginon

Eureka, CA

#8 Mar 5, 2009
Add the count of "kid napping" or "making a terrorest threat" or is there a limitation statute on these crimes?...
curious

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Mar 5, 2009
What happened in 2006? Was his conviction a trial outcome, or was the case pled? How many times has the DA's office taken him to trial for a new crime, as opposed to having a trial on the issue of being a sexually violent predator?
How many times has he been given deals which included dropping strikes?
If such deals happened, wny? Who?

“No gifts, cash accepted tho.”

Since: Dec 08

McKinleyville

#10 Mar 5, 2009
Greg Xhu wrote:
I carved his name in a .44magnum bullet, now it goes in his skull. Pedophiles must be killed a slow painful death!
The theory on a slow painful death contradicts your bullet.
anonymous

Seaside, CA

#11 Mar 5, 2009
If he is incapable of not re-offending, then he needs to stay locked up. Always.
If he likes boys so much, he can have a ton of them in prison. Or vice versa.
mee

Redding, CA

#12 Mar 5, 2009
cut off his you kno wut.. and then his head.
beware

Eureka, CA

#13 Mar 5, 2009
he's listed on the megans law.

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/
John Wayne

Eureka, CA

#14 Mar 5, 2009
Ah so, another wonderful job by the wonderful legal system.
he would be very unfortunate if he had ever messed with my kids.
I do not talk the talk, I walk the walk.
He would have been gone a long time ago.
I find it hard to believe some family member at some time hasn't
at least made an attempt to get rid of him.
Oh well, you go legal beagles, you do such a good job.
Squeaky Duck

Santa Rosa, CA

#15 Mar 5, 2009
Keep this scumbag locked up and away from society!!!
banadanadog

Long Beach, CA

#16 Mar 5, 2009
Macktown wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory on a slow painful death contradicts your bullet.
a bullet made of poo
banadanadog

Long Beach, CA

#17 Mar 5, 2009
anonymous wrote:
If he is incapable of not re-offending, then he needs to stay locked up. Always.
What happened to prison justice?
Somebody shank this bastard!
the whistler

Sonora, CA

#18 Mar 5, 2009
anonymous wrote:
I heard that other inmates hate child molesters...Maybe the prison guards should turn a blind eye and let the inmates "tie him up'' and tell him that they'll kill him if he tells anyone...an eye for an eye in this case!
Nunya Biz

Lompoc, CA

#19 Mar 7, 2009
Let me pass on one thing to you self styled protectors of children. Do you understand that it is your very attitude which keeps kids to scared and afraid of coming forward with these things when it happens to them? It is exactly that which kept me from stopping it from happening to me. I knew I could not trust the adults around me to act in a, well, adult manner. Killing is surely too good for these molesters, but there is the other side of the coin, the important side, what helps the child recover as well as possible. The sooner the child feel safe from violence (and that is what molestation is all about) the sonner the child can try working to come close to a normal life. I know I could care less what happened to the POS who molested me...karma is real. But what I did care about was the fear of the reaction of those who were supposed to be protecting me.

Comments such as these on this article are WHY children remain afraid to come forward. So, please try and thing about your words before commenting...while you believe you are "helping" you are not...you are actually making the issue worse for the children involved as well as others who have yet to reveal that their life has been stolen from them.

So, from personal experience I can tell you the last thing a child wants is for the events to be brought back up and more violence. Every time the event(s) are brought up it brings back very painful memories causing long depressive states or worse. These kids are in for a lifetime of anger and frustration.

Just thing these things through...and maybe put your energy into improving the ability of children to safely come forward and heal.
Dirty MethNator

Hayward, CA

#20 Mar 7, 2009
I really wanna kill someone so i can get caught and then get arrested so i can kill that pervert dumfaggot piece ofshiit, and eat his flesch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arcata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armenian organized crime grows more complex (Oct '10) Sun makerizian 791
The KKK is officially a McK organization now in... (Jul '11) Sat CFE KKK 246
TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) Oct 15 Keana 226
How old do YOU think you should be to start dat... (Sep '07) Oct 13 HelpMeAskGirl 476
Measure Z: Countywide ballot measure would add ... Oct 11 tbuscat 1
Get rid of hot flashes for good! Plus a whole l... Oct 11 don 1
JoAnns FAbric & Craft Store-Cheats Employees (Jun '07) Oct 11 ReallyConfused 344
Arcata Dating
Find my Match

Arcata Jobs

Arcata People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Arcata News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Arcata

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]