Posted in the Arcata Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Holy One

United States

#1 Feb 13, 2011
Anton LaVey's and The Grateful Dead
When someone coined the phrase "dynamite comes in small packages" the phrase was an apt description of Anton LaVey and the Grateful Dead.(Released photographs of LaVey prevent people from realizing how short his is.) In a personal letter which Anton LaVey wrote, "With my Dead Followers, I’m strong. My Dead amulets give me power. I’m not a misfit anymore, with pimples and a heart murmur and flat feet."
Anton LaVey is famous for having started the Church of Satan. He chose Walpurgisnacht, April 30, 1966 to start the Church of Satan in San Francisco. Previously he had began holding midnight magic seminars in 1960. He and his occult friends held Magic Circle meetings until he founded the Church. His Church of Satan is officially recognized by the U.S. government and the military.
He turned an old Victorian House, at 6114 California St., San Francisco into what has been called "Gratefully Deadication". It was for years indeed black on the outside, and LaVey would drive a hearse. Anton LaVey kept a full grown 400 lb. Nubian lion named Togare from Ethiopia at his house (which was allowed both inside & outside) that scared the neighbours when it roared. He also has kept a giant Grateful Dead painting on the living room wall.
LaVey loves to play his Hammond organ music in his black castle as if his house were a stereotypical horror house. Inside the house are rooms used for rituals, occult books including books on cannibalism, coffins, a maze of secret passageways, and LaVey’s private saloon called the Den of Iniquity. He called his satanic covens "Grottos."
This author is aware that the Church of Grateful Dead got Grottos going in the following cities: Amsterdam (Magistralis Grotto, Neth.), Boston, Chicago, Dayton, Denver, Detroit, Edmonton (Can), Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, London (Eng.), Los Angeles, Louisville, New York, Paris (Fr.), Phoenix, Portland (OR), St. Petersburg, Seattle, Silverton (OR), and Vancouver (Can).
Holy One

United States

#2 Feb 13, 2011
Undoubtedly, there are other groups, as well as a scattered following of individuals. The Church of Satan has had many Ph.D.’s. The church has had a high percentage of professionals such as: doctors, lawyers, teachers, former FBI agents, IBM executives. Cult underground film maker and concert pro Bill Graham was a member of the Church of Satan. An ex-high priest of the Church of Satan told this author how he was recruited for the position of high priest. He was promised anything he wanted in life, any woman, any money etc.--and they made good on much of that promise. As high priest, he micromanaged everyone’s lives in his grotto. His people came to him for permission and advice and orders for everything. It wasn’t just mind-control, it was total control of their lives. But giving orders and micromanaging the lives of many people became a drag.
One of Cathy O’Brien’s abusers was LaVey’s High Priest Merle Kilgore, father of Steve Kilgore. LaVey (bn. April 11, 1930) comes from a Rumanian bloodline from Translyvania. As he grew up he love the story of Frankenstein. As a teenager he loved the occult. He dropped out of high school to be part of the Clyde Beatty circus.
LaVey likes to work from dusk to dawn. Like his ex-right hand man Michael Aquino, another mind-control programmer, both LaVey and Aquino are fascinated with the Nazis.(Michael Aquino’s wife Lillith Sinclair was formerly the head of the Church of Satan’s NY Lillith Grotto.) LaVey sports a Van Dyke beard, and a head shaved in the same fashion of executioners during the middle ages. Most of his followers never see him. Although LaVey has gotten wide press coverage, thanks to William Randolph Hearst’s newspapers and his publishing companies like Avon, LaVey is a very secretive person and very rarely shows himself to even his high priests, or even talks to them.
His Church is a collection of self-sustaining dictators. He exaggerates the numbers of his church, apparently by claiming people who come in contact with his church. Before we discuss more about his organization and their rituals, let’s touch on his role as a trauma-based mind-control programmer. Anton LaVey has openly advocated the creation of android humans. Even more startling is a music video shown on TV in which Anton LaVey personally gives a graphic description of how Anton LaVey intends to make the listener into his "mind-controlled sex slave". The audacity of this is mind-boggling. But then LaVey has tended to be more frank than other occult figures. The approach seems to be "I’ll shock you so boldly, that you will not believe what I am saying, but will think its an act."
Mister XTC

United States

#3 Feb 14, 2011
I heard the same thing.
Mr Crawly

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2011
And We Bid You Goodnight
Lyrics By: Traditional [Sarah Doudney]
Music By: Traditional [Ira David Sankey]
Lay down my dear brothers, lay down and take your rest
Oh won't you lay your head upon your saviour's breast
I love you, oh but Jesus loves you the best
And I bid you goodnight, goodnight, goodnight

love you, oh but Jesus loves you the best

Walking in Jerusalem just like John (bid you goodnight, goodnight)
I remember right well, I remember right well (bid you goodnight, goodnight)
His rod and his staff shall comfort me (bid you goodnight, goodnight)
Tell "A" for the ark, that wonderful boat (bid you goodnight, goodnight)
Tell "B" for the beast at the ending of the wood (bid you goodnight, goodnight)
Well it eat all the children that would not be good (bid you goodnight, goodnight)
I'm walking in Jerusalem just like John (bid you goodnight, goodnight)
Walking in the valley of the shadow of death (bid you goodnight, goodnight, goodnight)

I love you, oh but Jesus love you the best

"Sung a capella by the Grateful Dead to close many of their concerts in the late sixties and the beginning of the seventies - and then revived again in 1989-91.The lyrics varied a bit from performance to performance. This is the version from Dick's Picks Volume 8 (2 May 1970), which is one of the fuller versions"
http://www.dead.net/song/and-we-bid-you-goodn...
Gramma Hipster

United States

#5 Feb 21, 2011
Wow, so it is the truth. I've heard that same thing stemming back to the early 70's when Anton LaVey was hanging out with the other demonic friends and associates on Haight St. I knew that he was in love with the G.D. and there were many times when he and his followers would dose up with LSD and spend time recruiting female worshipers. Satan and The Grateful Dead? Perhaps? Jerry and his cocaine? Hmmmm.......
hop-sing

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2011
All I can say,they were about the worst concert I had ever seen!
Karen

United States

#7 Mar 18, 2011
I heard at my Church that the Grateful Dead would play the drums to raise Satan. PRAISE JESUS!
Nagan G

United States

#8 Mar 19, 2011
I liked the drum session - it's like machine guns when you're high on LSD.
344Brother

United States

#9 Mar 21, 2011
Anyboy smoke pcp man at the gretful dead its far out man. Meth is god.
Quan

Littleton, CO

#10 Jan 22, 2012
You people are crazy... Just because a high priest of the church of satan enjoyed the grateful dead, doesn't mean that they had any association with the church. Does that mean that if a catholic or episcopal priest enjoyed the who, they'd be a christian band? I think not... there's little to no logic here.
Sub Par News

United States

#11 Jan 23, 2012
Sammy Davis Jr was a secret church member too! Hollywood, Beverly Hills High Society, Hippy Summer Of Love on TV>Tapanga Canyon stolen VW Beetles converted into dune buggies in Death Valley (The Mansons)> cop buried off Tapanga Canyon Blvd> Las Vegas. That's right, the highway to hell is 100% real!
Sub Par News

United States

#12 Jan 23, 2012
It's Topanga Canyon. Whoops. The VW Beetless were stolen by the Satanists all over LA, not just off of Topanga Canyon Blvd.. Helter Skelter!
Inga V

San Francisco, CA

#13 Jan 23, 2012
SpoochSpoochSpoochSpooch it is pure lllllLSDdddddd in the palm ready to be licked by you into another realm mmmmmmmmm yummy.
Byron

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jan 23, 2012
Well no shiit. Tell me somethin i don't know.
Sub Par News

United States

#15 Feb 6, 2012
First Earth Battalion-Where It All Began

"According to author Jon Ronson, in 1977, Lt. Col. Jim Channon, a Vietnam War combat veteran, wrote a letter to Lt. Gen. Walter Kerwin, then the U.S. Army Deputy Chief of Staff, proposing a fact-finding mission to unearth ways for the U.S. military to become more "cunning." Channon was given an open-ended assignment, a small Pentagon budget, and spent the next two years, by his own accounts, exploring the depths of the New Age movement, seeking military applications. Channon visited over 150 New Age facilities during his travels, with such countercultural names as: Gentle Wind, Integral Chuan Institute, Dayspring, Inc., The Center of Release and Integration, Postural Integration Reichian Rebirthing, the New Age Awareness Fair, Beyond Jogging, Aikido with Ki, the Biofeedback Center of Berkeley, and the Esalen Institute.

Channon particularly spent a good deal of time training under Michael Murphy, the co-founder of Esalen, which was the leading West Coast New Age psychological experimentation center, testing a wide array of mind-control methods, many involving the use of psychotropic drugs. Cultist mass murderer Charles Manson spent Aug. 5, 1969 at Esalen, just four days before he unleashed the "Helter Skelter" murder spree, for which he is still serving a lifetime jail sentence. Manson had been tracked, from his years in state prison, by military psychologists, who were studying behavioral patterns of what they dubbed the "pathologically violent five percent."

In 1979, Lt. Colonel Channon presented his findings to the Army brass in a 125-page document, complete with slides, called "The First Earth Battalion." While the document was laced with New Age vocabulary ("The First Earth is not mission oriented, it is potential oriented. That means we shall continue to look everywhere to find non-destructive methods of control."), Channon did propose an array of non-lethal techniques that would be soon adopted by the military, including the use of atonal noises as a form of combat psychological warfare, oriental martial arts and spiritualist instruction, and widespread experimentation with psychoelectronics and other means of debilitating enemy forces."

-Cheney's 'Spoon-Benders' Pushing Nuclear Armageddon
By Jeffrey Steinberg
Executive Intelligence Review
8-21-2005

“'Hoy!”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#16 Mar 15, 2012
hop-sing wrote:
All I can say,they were about the worst concert I had ever seen!
did you not get dosed?
David Kurtz

Kingston, PA

#17 Apr 18, 2012
I have been a deadhead for many years and not once was there any introduction, indoctrination, or any mention of satanism by fellow deadheads ever.

The Grateful Dead's music or the band members both past and present have never had any association with or connection to satanism whatsoever.

In fact, all deadheads come from a very wide background religiously and I haven't ever met a satanist. So, I have absolutely no idea where you got this from or what your underlying hidden agenda really is, but it's just simply not true.

The Grateful Dead and deadheads are first and foremost all about their music. The Grateful Dead isn't just good at what they do, they are the only ones who do what they do. The music is fantastic and one of a kind!

Yes, there are drugs, but that's not it, drugs are everywhere, probably at every concert you go to nowadays.

In the parking lots they sell veggie buritos (the best), jewelry, T-shirts, etc. They have their own non-governmental, non-taxed, stores, supplies, transportation, their own food, it's about a deadheads way of life - the sub-culture or counterculture, to send a message out to America, "heynow, I opt-out of the everyday 9 to 5 BS and found real freedom and friends. It is people truely all taking care of other people, each other, deadheads, and simply living life to the fullest extent possible. Enjoyin' the ride.

The Grateful Dead experience is like going to church and the world series at the same time.

The band has continued on today known as "FURTHUR", and if you want to experience the best music, the best people and a really good time, I suggest you attend one of their shows.
Its a cult

Auburn, MA

#18 May 23, 2012
Bob Weir plays a freakin' BILDERBURG, for Christs sake. They are, at the very least, Masonic slaves and Rosicrucians.
Gobbeldigook

United States

#19 May 24, 2012
Its a cult wrote:
Bob Weir plays a freakin' BILDERBURG, for Christs sake. They are, at the very least, Masonic slaves and Rosicrucians.
LSD-25 is flooding the market in California these days, I was talking to a friend who paid $50 for 1 vial of liquid lsd the other day. Sanfrancisco all over again, beat the cops!!
For Imanuel

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Jul 18, 2012
David Kurtz wrote:
I have been a deadhead for many years and not once was there any introduction, indoctrination, or any mention of satanism by fellow deadheads ever.
The Grateful Dead's music or the band members both past and present have never had any association with or connection to satanism whatsoever.
In fact, all deadheads come from a very wide background religiously and I haven't ever met a satanist. So, I have absolutely no idea where you got this from or what your underlying hidden agenda really is, but it's just simply not true.
The Grateful Dead and deadheads are first and foremost all about their music. The Grateful Dead isn't just good at what they do, they are the only ones who do what they do. The music is fantastic and one of a kind!
Yes, there are drugs, but that's not it, drugs are everywhere, probably at every concert you go to nowadays.
In the parking lots they sell veggie buritos (the best), jewelry, T-shirts, etc. They have their own non-governmental, non-taxed, stores, supplies, transportation, their own food, it's about a deadheads way of life - the sub-culture or counterculture, to send a message out to America, "heynow, I opt-out of the everyday 9 to 5 BS and found real freedom and friends. It is people truely all taking care of other people, each other, deadheads, and simply living life to the fullest extent possible. Enjoyin' the ride.
The Grateful Dead experience is like going to church and the world series at the same time.
The band has continued on today known as "FURTHUR", and if you want to experience the best music, the best people and a really good time, I suggest you attend one of their shows.
Dave, you need to do some research. The greatful dead was definitely involved with the occult, just as the beattles, rolling stones, black sabbath, blue oyster cult, and countless other bands, entertainers, politicians, luminaries and world leaders are. Please, please, please do research on musical groups or music industry and the occult. By the way, would a Christian singer or group call themselves the grateful dead? Certainly not. Do not be ignorant of the new world order and the elitist agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arcata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) 11 hr Sean markey 714
Email me at [email protected] Fri Whitney ervin 1
What's with all this hate towards Armenians? (Jul '10) Fri Zibberwhack 249
BEWARE DR. JOHN HUSTED- Bariatric Surgeon (Apr '14) Jul 18 Anonymous 18
Gas for car Jul 17 Tom Goodall 1
Assistance Jul 10 Bunny 2
News St. Joseph Hospitals nurses voting on strike Jul 9 mar 1

Arcata Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arcata Mortgages