Law abiding tax-payer

Greenville, OH

#1 Mar 12, 2012
Does a town of 2,000 really require a full-time police force? They do nothing but sit around, stop family members along the road to chat, hang out at local businesses shooting the BS and every now and again, bust the local law-breakers for parking on the, get this, WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!! OMG!!!

How about putting that wasted tax money to work to fix up this growing eye-sore of a town and the streets that remind me of some cities in Mexico with their dips, bumps, and pretty patch work.

How can a town like this still justify a full-time police force? Just witnessed one last night pulling into Picnic's while driving left of center and not using a turn signal. Wasteful and law-breakers in their own right as well. After about 20 mins he appeared to be reading a magazine and just hanging out wasting my tax $$$.

-Amazed at wastefulness and ignorance
Tax Payer Here

Englewood, OH

#2 Mar 14, 2012
Some one that complains about havin a full time cop would be the first to complain about the crime rate when ya dont have a cop at all. If you wanna do something about this go to your council meeting and speak your mind. But remember....Ever a cop gets a break and sometime they really have nothing to do but look like they are screwin off. But I bet you know the number to call when some punk stole your sons bike. And who do you think have the guts to approach that person that took that bike or any other person that might be extremely dangerous and dont care if you are there to see it or not. A cops job in a small town can be boring. But I bet that it is rewarding all at the same time.
hardcore

Bellefontaine, OH

#3 Mar 15, 2012
Maybe their presence keeps things in check. If you want to live in a place where their cops "do something" and have a lot of action then move to an inner city.
Tax Payer Here

Englewood, OH

#4 Mar 15, 2012
Right. If your cops are busy then maybe ya life in a high crime area. You should thank the city for havin officers and thank the lord that you dont live in a high crime area....
Bill Anderson Esq

Columbus, OH

#5 May 24, 2012
I agree that the metropolis of Arcanum should invest our tax money elsewhere. We'd be better off erecting a statue of Robocop in approximately four locations.
Maybe I'll apply for a "peace officer" job. I can BS about corn and soybean prices, power tools, and small block chevys with the best of them while sitting in a driver's seat outside of Suttons Supervalue (with or without ample supply of hot coffee).
Robert dee

Ellwood City, PA

#6 May 25, 2012
I think if. U don't want cops to protect ur kids move to dayton btw Arcanum police officers are nice an we thank everyone of u officers ur doing a GREAT JOB THX AGAIN btw they do what they are asked in that town and nothing more unless u want trouble so leave the police alone an bitch about sumthing eles damn people
Thanks Police Greenville

Mansfield, OH

#7 May 25, 2012
I'm sure the relatives of the bank employees in that town are very thankful there is a police force there. I know I am. Some people need to grow up.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8 May 28, 2012
Bill Anderson Esq wrote:
I agree that the metropolis of Arcanum should invest our tax money elsewhere. We'd be better off erecting a statue of Robocop in approximately four locations.
Maybe I'll apply for a "peace officer" job. I can BS about corn and soybean prices, power tools, and small block chevys with the best of them while sitting in a driver's seat outside of Suttons Supervalue (with or without ample supply of hot coffee).
You might be able to BS with the best, but you also have to take training and pass a physical and mental exam. The exams are not easy, they just don't give you a certificate and say "YOU ARE A POLICE OFFICER" You have to earn it.
hey stupid

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Jun 7, 2012
if you all think the cops are just sitting ther..lmao your wrong they have an eye out on evry thing.most dont worry about stupid stuff like a turn signal..then when they are talking to the ppl in ther town.it makes the town people fell safe.. i guess you all cant find anything else to bitch about..im sure if you looked around you would find plenty to bitch about!!!!!!!!! give them a break ther just doing ther job even if you don't think they are.
Bill Anderson Esq

Columbus, OH

#10 Sep 11, 2012
I'm sure all of the Arcanum PD can pass a physical. They appear to be very "physical" gentlemen.
My point:
I feel the the town can better allot their monetary resources. Strike a deal with Darke Sheriffs, get rid of Arcanum PD, and save money for the town.
It's that simple, Hey Stupid. Reviewing your spelling and grammar, I hope you didn't go through the Arcanum school system.
Maybe we will save enough money to be able to fix the potholes in the road so a Tour De Doughnut entrant doesn't crash and sue the town.
Jonathan Ison

Mount Gilead, OH

#11 Nov 18, 2013
I think the Arcanum police are pretty rude. there are a few of them that are part time and they work at other police departments part time also. The police chief is a little bit of a jerk. He pulled me over claiming that I was speeding in a school zone. when I asked him how fast did he have me speeding, he replied "Don't worry about it".
After that happened I decided to do some research about the police department. I found out by talking to some of the part time cops that the full time guys never work the weekends. Thats the reason they have so many part time cops. I also found out that there are 3 full time cops to include 1 chief and 2 sergeants. Why is there a need for 2 sergeants in this little town?? I see tax dollars being wasted here. Instead of having 3 highly paid cops that have nothing better to do than lie to people and making them believe there is a lot of crime in Arcanum, They need to put the tax dollars somewhere else, like paving some of the badly pot holed streets.
haha

Mount Vernon, OH

#12 Nov 20, 2013
Knowall2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be able to BS with the best, but you also have to take training and pass a physical and mental exam. The exams are not easy, they just don't give you a certificate and say "YOU ARE A POLICE OFFICER" You have to earn it.
I would like to see half the cops from arcanum/ greenville area to retake that "physical" exam. Because im pretty sure half of them couldn't do it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arcanum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Jim Thomas?! Dr. my AZZ!! (Sep '09) Dec '14 Jojo 8
house to rent Sep '14 selatla 4
for rent Aug '14 lin 1
the gambia bakau mamakoto (Jul '14) Jul '14 wurry 2
Ashbaugh Arcanuma s new chief (Jun '14) Jun '14 Interesting 1
Sherri springer (Nov '13) Jun '14 Pinky 3
who knows steve sowry (Mar '13) Jun '14 toots 2
Arcanum Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web