Train Fire Prompts Evacuations | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS 13
A train carrying ethanol derailed early Sunday morning near Arcadia, Ohio, causing a large fire and forcing people from their homes. Full Story
Eyeandears

Crossett, AR

#1 Feb 6, 2011
Railroad tracks carry a tramendas amount of weight , working the rails loose ,and causeing accidents like this , this is another oppertunity for the government to create more jobs to help take care of America , coast to coast ! instead of waiting till its too late , then pointing fingers ,
Like a lot of Bridges and over passes in this Country . remember?
spell check

Middleboro, MA

#3 Feb 6, 2011
Eyeandears wrote:
Railroad tracks carry a tramendas amount of weight , working the rails loose ,and causeing accidents like this , this is another oppertunity for the government to create more jobs to help take care of America , coast to coast ! instead of waiting till its too late , then pointing fingers ,
Maybe you should go back to school to learn how to spell?
govtisnot the answer

United States

#4 Feb 6, 2011
why would it be the governments job to fix a thriving company's tracks.
dave

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Feb 6, 2011
Eyeandears wrote:
stupid
Concerned Citizen

Pataskala, OH

#6 Feb 6, 2011
Eyeandears wrote:
Off topic, I know, but stop using Internet Explorer. It sucks. Mozilla Firefox is free and will underline the misspelled words for you to correct.
Bud

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Feb 6, 2011
ALL railroad tracks should be nationalized, repaired, maintained and improved by the Feds. Than the Fed would lease the rails back to the railroads to operate their rolling stock on and that would help offset the Fed's expenses. Railroads have and always will be important to this country. You can transport heavier loads and cheaper by rail. We have already lost too many miles of track and there is no incentative for the current railoads to add or even upgrade the tracks they currently use. Oh Yes, it would also create a few jobs.
Hippie73

Portsmouth, OH

#8 Feb 6, 2011
I am glad to read that there was no injuries here. All the posts are so serious and mudslinging. Let's try to lighten it up a bit. I wonder if anyone thought to bring the marshmallows and hotdogs to this gigantic weinie roast?
rr worker

Minford, OH

#9 Feb 6, 2011
How do you know it was the tracks? Maybe vandalism, wheel bearing,etc. And we do not need the government to operate railroads. Look at Amtrack.
yardman

Westerville, OH

#10 Feb 6, 2011
I use to be a brakeman for the Chessie System,therefore knowing that these cars- built to carry flammable material-meet and exceed safeguards set by all regulatory agencies (primarily, DOT). Oftentimes, it is human error that contributes to scenarios such as this, that is-preparation of the container (car) for transport.
mer

Herndon, VA

#11 Feb 6, 2011
Might want to spellcheck you own posts....so you don't look stupid.
The Great Ballzak wrote:
who="Eyeandears "]Railroad tracks carry a tramendas amount of weight , working the rails loose ,and causeing accidents like this , this is another oppertunity for the government to create more jobs to help take care of America , coast to coast ! instead of waiting till its too late , then pointing fingers ,
Like a lot of Bridges and over passes in this Country . remember
Just waht we need, more government created jobs,,,not, and please try spell check next time, you will look a little less stupid.
abcdefg

Westerville, OH

#12 Feb 6, 2011
Too many offtopicgrammar- teacher 'wannabees' on this forum.Each having a GED, at best.
skoalcwby

Denton, TX

#13 Feb 7, 2011
The Great Ballzak - "Just waht we need, more government created jobs,,,not, and please try spell check next time, you will look a little less stupid"

Speaking of chell check - maybe you should find it on your computer before b*tching at someone about the same thing.
skoalcwby

Denton, TX

#14 Feb 7, 2011
Bud wrote:
ALL railroad tracks should be nationalized, repaired, maintained and improved by the Feds. Than the Fed would lease the rails back to the railroads to operate their rolling stock on and that would help offset the Fed's expenses. Railroads have and always will be important to this country. You can transport heavier loads and cheaper by rail. We have already lost too many miles of track and there is no incentative for the current railoads to add or even upgrade the tracks they currently use. Oh Yes, it would also create a few jobs.
Seriously? maybe you should work for any mainline railroad in this country, and then you would realize how much time, effort, and money these railroads put into maintaining their tracks every year. When you have vandalism, warped track from heat or cold, washed out crossings, bridges, etc. Trust me, they spend the money - and how do I Know this? Because I work for a contractor to the railroads, and we do a lot of the work for them, not to mention we have crews onsite at this very moment working to get this cleaned and the railroad back in service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arcadia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot nurses Aug '14 ptt309 1
School Fees Aug '14 Parent 1
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul '14 Fancy 10
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Jul '14 Jumpa 5
Sheriff: Victim recovering in Hancock Co. biker... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Dave 2
Most Families Return To Homes After Train Fire ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 AboutTime 3
Who do you support for State House in Ohio (Dis... (Oct '10) Nov '10 yeah 3
Arcadia Dating
Find my Match

Arcadia Jobs

Arcadia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Arcadia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Arcadia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]