Train Carrying Chemicals Derails, Cat...

Train Carrying Chemicals Derails, Catches Fire | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 13 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Feb 6, 2011, titled Train Carrying Chemicals Derails, Catches Fire | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A freight train carrying volatile chemicals derailed about 50 miles south of Toledo Sunday morning, causing at least 15 tanker cars to catch fire and explode and forcing evacuations of nearby homes, a fire official said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

alchemy

Cardington, OH

#1 Feb 6, 2011
Be best to let it burn as well as possible as long as nothing else would catch. That way it would minimize methanol in ground water.
alchemy

Cardington, OH

#2 Feb 6, 2011
Hope all the critters got away.
Telling the truth

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 6, 2011
Fantastic Photo
Thousands of feet

Grove City, OH

#4 Feb 6, 2011
Thousands of feet in the air? Lets try hundreds of feet in the air. How about 200-400 feet. I've told you a trillion times not to exaggerate.
Chatanuga

Bowling Green, OH

#5 Feb 6, 2011
According to a friend of mine who lives in that town, it's ethanol, not methanol, that was in the train.
seriously

Grove City, OH

#6 Feb 6, 2011
Damn the Obama administration and the Dems for letting something like this happen.
alchemy

Cardington, OH

#7 Feb 6, 2011
Chatanuga wrote:
According to a friend of mine who lives in that town, it's ethanol, not methanol, that was in the train.
Yeh another article said ethanol. Now I know the mystery of why people seem naturally drunk around there.
Chris

Columbus, OH

#8 Feb 6, 2011
it was ethanol and it probably was at least 1000 feet in the area when some fire balls exploded. those pictures taken be friends of mine are taken more then 2 miles away
TeachOhio

Newark, OH

#9 Feb 6, 2011
What train company was this? Did everyone make it? A little more information would be great!
skoalcwby

Denton, TX

#10 Feb 7, 2011
It was Norfolk Southern.
very lucky

Jeffersonville, OH

#11 Feb 7, 2011
is very lucky this did not happen in a city or village, at that time of morning, or a more populated rural area. Could have been much worse. 1 has to wonder what is on these trains that roll through, and what emergency plans are in place for such a thing.
wow

Bluefield, WV

#12 Feb 7, 2011
does anyone know the train symbol
OHIO MAN

Columbus, OH

#13 Feb 9, 2011
THE RIALROAD ROUTE NEED NEW MORE SLEEPER TIES (( CONCRETE TIES in this State Of Ohio )) safety more than old woods ties still are not safety, That lot of old wood ties might be causing derailed / accident off track, Ohter some of state in USA that have been istalling new concrete ties (( new sleeper ties on railroad route around in USA, CANADA, EUROPE, JAPAN, CHINA, AUSTRIALAN, SOME COUNTY IN THE WORLD, Thank You,, Ohio Man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arcadia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carrie 26 min Carrie Gazaille 5
Where is the Cheri Brooks thread? 20 hr DONNA 6
Findlay police explain policy on lethal force Jul 17 murder witness 4
Anyone wanna have fun? Jul 15 CutieMeghan 2
News Sheriff: Victim recovering in Hancock Co. biker... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Dave 2
News Most Families Return To Homes After Train Fire ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 AboutTime 3
News Train Fire Prompts Evacuations | Ohio News Netw... (Feb '11) Feb '11 skoalcwby 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arcadia Mortgages