Arcadia Named Best Calif. City To Rai...

Arcadia Named Best Calif. City To Raise Children

There are 10 comments on the KCBS-TV Los Angeles story from Dec 12, 2009, titled Arcadia Named Best Calif. City To Raise Children. In it, KCBS-TV Los Angeles reports that:

Share + Dec 12, 2009 12:00 pm US/Pacific ARCADIA, Calif. 1 of 1 BusinessWeek named Arcadia the best place to raise kids in California, among cities of 50,000 or more, for the second year in a row.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBS-TV Los Angeles.

the reason

Rowland Heights, CA

#1 Dec 15, 2009
the reason that its the best place is because its filled with a ton of asian people who never come out of their house. So its ok for kids to be on streets, and not socialize with anyone! Ya raise your kid in Arcadia if you want them to grow up thinking that friday nights should be sent studying, and they will have no social skills like asains due. yes their book smart i'll give you that, but there common sense skills are lacking. i grew up there and then moved my 9th grade year, and i have to say after seeing the difference my kids would not go to arcadia school or grow up with asain kids.

Lynwood, CA

#2 Dec 17, 2009
thats is noe true. arcadia may be 90% asians but asians are sool. it's not like they're bad or anything. asians are normally smart and most dont studying on fridays.. sterotypes... dana middle school has WEB and we have the best education around and we are able to provide what students need.

San Gabriel, CA

#3 Dec 19, 2009
so you drive through Arcadia and you see neat homes, streets, safe neighborhoods, then you get to east LA and you see what? Well...check it out yourself. Arcadia is a great place to be!
And what's wrong with being around successful people? No drive-by shootings and your kids have good friends.

Covina, CA

#4 Dec 20, 2009
OMG, are you serious "the reason", why wouldnt you want your kids to study on a Friday night?? Arcadia is such a great place to raise your kids. We are a close tight community, most people would love to live here. You moved in 9th grade, maybe if you lived here longer you would agree with me and the others. It's unfortunate that you left so early.

Rowland Heights, CA

#5 Dec 20, 2009
No its not unfortunate i left so early! I left just in time! It smells disgusting walking down the street from all the asian cooking! I went to dana middle school and i have to say it was my best time in school, but it could have been better if all the asians were not apart of it. Sometimes me and my friend would be the only white people in the class, and teachers had to spend so much time trying to get non english speakers to try and catch up. So many car accidents happen because asians cant see when they drive! For the most part they are not involved in the school systems, and offer no parental help. They have taken a nice city and turned it into an old trashy city. Glendora is the new Arcadia. Even the asians are coming in that city now! If Arcadia is such a wonderful city then why have all the original people from that city moved to get away from the asians. All you do is hear people that grew up in Arcadia in the 70's complain about how mexicans and asians ruined their city! Arcadia keeps a lot of gang violence on the down low, and doesnt speak out about all the crime. There are asian signs all over the streets, if you want to live in Arcadia just move to China. Might as well. Asians are rude and in class they use to smell so bad. Arcadia sucks!

Covina, CA

#6 Dec 23, 2009
Its so obvious "IDK" that you dislike Asians, what a shame. I think Asians are very smart, respectful and most of them are very successful people. Why wouldn't you want to be around these smart people? I still think Arcadia is a great city and obviously Business week agrees.
Ann Sternson

San Bernardino, CA

#7 Dec 29, 2009
It is obvious that "IDK" is racist against Asians and apparently Mexicans. It's very unfortunate that we still have people out there that live in their own little bubble and are uncultured. Not wanting his/her children to study on a Friday night is absurd. Perhaps, if you stayed in the city long enough, their good study habits will have rubbed off on you, and your grammar would not be so poor.

Rosemead, CA

#8 Jan 1, 2010
So sorry for the people like "IDK" who judge other people by race; it is because for "IDK"s Friday night club is probably the maximum they have gone, never get a chance to see the world.

Monterey Park, CA

#9 Jan 25, 2010
so IDK, how you like D. Bar then? You better move soon before Asians take over...

And don't worry about the Mexicans... they left right after you......
J Nazareth

Carson, CA

#10 Jan 29, 2010
hey IDK,
What? and you don't think there's a ton of Asians & Latinos in Diamond Bar?? OK, so Arcadia has a lot of Asians, so what? If you want to add a racial component to the city's image, then it's because many of the families -regardless of race- in Arcadia and neighboring cities have something called, RESPECT and INTEGRITY. No respect equates to a less desirable city. I can go on and on, but you're so ignorant, so what's the point?
Hooray for Arcadia!
Too bad you left early in the 9th grade; you could have appreciated the different cultures and surrounded yourself with smarter friends, instead of writing a stupid post like yours. Good luck dude cuz you'll need it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arcadia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News VW executive to face tough questions from Congr... 36 min THE DEVIL 7
Mayor Jack Takes Developers Gifts 2 hr Concerned Bystander 4
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr stewart scott 30,306
Pacheco Screwed Montebello Housing 8 hr Pacheco scam 4
News Lakes on Mars existed, fueling Alien Life Hopes 8 hr GBP 1
News Flash Pacheco and Garcia NOT endorsed by S... 9 hr Oh yes 4
Review: PlyGem Windows (Mar '10) 11 hr C Marsala 150
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arcadia Mortgages