Fabulous Finds Opens In Massena

There are 49 comments on the www.mpcourier.com story from Sep 29, 2011, titled Fabulous Finds Opens In Massena. In it, www.mpcourier.com reports that:

People looking for affordable clothing, jewelry and furniture now have another place to shop in Massena following the opening of Fabulous Finds Boutique & Consignment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mpcourier.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#1 Sep 29, 2011
Nice idea for a store and I hope they do very well. I think the 50/50 split on consignment items it very steep. They may need to reconsider this in order to gain more and better inventory.
tammy

Clayton, NY

#2 Sep 29, 2011
Been there had alot of nice items
Erin

New York, NY

#3 Oct 2, 2011
tammy wrote:
Been there had alot of nice items
Me too! I love it and they should do well. The 50/50 is average.
reality

Syracuse, NY

#4 Oct 2, 2011
50/50 is far from average. I think the idea is great, but average would be in the 25-30% range. Of course that depends on what services they are giving you to sell your merchandise. Having people volunteer to work a couple hours might be a way to cut their take a little.

Syracuse, NY

#5 Oct 2, 2011
Exactly. If you have a table or dresser that is worth $400, a $200 split is a scam. I agree that 25-30% is good. She needs to watch Aution Hunters.

Syracuse, NY

#6 Oct 2, 2011
Erin wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! I love it and they should do well. The 50/50 is average.
I dunno babe, I don't think you would do it. A person could do better on Craigs List or Ebay. 50% is half. Way to much.
Earn your keep

Ithaca, NY

#7 Oct 2, 2011
That is average since no one else works there. Why would you trust other consignees with your building, your liability, and your reputation. Don't like it, don't consign with her. I think her shop would get you more money than a craigslist sale.

Syracuse, NY

#8 Oct 2, 2011
Think of it the other way too. She wouldn't have it if people didn't consign. I am not talking costume jewelery but antiques that go for a good buck she should bend on.
Hunter

Ithaca, NY

#9 Oct 2, 2011
Ebay is a rip-off now. She is great there at the shop. Things were going quick when I checked it out. I hope she finds more great stuff. Hard to stay stocked up selling that quick!
Meeeeeeeee

Weehawken, NJ

#10 Oct 2, 2011
I brought some things there. She is a very nice lady. I think tho she may have to hire someone there. She has alot of ppeople bringing things in. I hope she does good and that she is here to stay. I love the variety of things she has there also. Prices are not bad either.If it is things that you just want to get rid og then I don,t see a problem with the 50 50
Nice

Ithaca, NY

#11 Oct 2, 2011
where abouts is it?

Syracuse, NY

#12 Oct 3, 2011
In the old terror mansion building.
just sayin

United States

#13 Oct 3, 2011
50% is wrong in so many ways.when I open my shop i will charge 33%
whatever

Saranac Lake, NY

#14 Oct 3, 2011
50 % just makes people charge more than things are actually worth, but there is always an idiot out there they doesn't have a clue what things are worth. That being said, the shop will not last long because of the 50/50 split. The "overhead" is passed directly to the customer which doesn't go over well if you are an educated consumer.

The reasonably priced items are the owners because she doesnt have to give up 50%....
Hunter

Ithaca, NY

#15 Oct 3, 2011
Time will tell.....

Syracuse, NY

#16 Oct 3, 2011
In any event we wish her the world of success in her new venture.
just sayin

United States

#17 Oct 4, 2011
absolutely wish her luck!!
Jacob

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Oct 5, 2011
Hopefully the courts will make her release the terror mansion property that she has unlawfully acquired from the building so Massena can have a place for our children to go for halloween entertainment. Its a pathetic thing when you try to start up a business and screw another business to do it. I don't know who's more to blame here John kerns or the lady and state trooper that own it now for knowing the merchandise and items in there were another persons property. I wouldn't buy a thing from there when the courts down the road rule your items are stolen property good luck with that!
jp the duckbill platypus

United States

#19 Oct 5, 2011
Jacob Ur a douche gilman is a piece of shit yea just what we need for the kids a haunted house... that will get them far in life u tool.
Jacob

New York, NY

#20 Oct 5, 2011
jp the duckbill platypus wrote:
Jacob Ur a douche gilman is a piece of shit yea just what we need for the kids a haunted house... that will get them far in life u tool.
You sound wayyyyy to brilliant to respond to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arcade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake Id wanted Apr 13 Chevron420 1
News Eleanor A. Rak Jan '15 Also my Aunt 2
Can anyone tell me about the Murder at the Holl... (Feb '09) Jan '15 becky perrigokure... 12
Gay teen sbapchae Dec '14 Bungle88 1
Sniff Dec '14 Lufc1987 1
Marcos Pizza and Subs (Jul '11) Oct '14 DSo 3
News Olean Man Given Five Years Of Probation For Dru... (Aug '14) Aug '14 dog groomer 2
More from around the web

Arcade People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]