Family tries to explain death of baby...

Family tries to explain death of baby in car

There are 4 comments on the Buffalo News story from Aug 4, 2007, titled Family tries to explain death of baby in car. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

“To me that's just not paying attention. It doesn't make any sense”

A working mother's hectic life caught up with Lynn Brol in the most tragic way Thursday. via Buffalo News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

support the family

Rochester, NY

#1 Aug 4, 2007
Lynn (and family) my heart goes out to you. I've seen the hurtful judgemental comments posted on the web and want you to know that those people are FAR outnumbered by people who wish they could help take the pain away. Though my circumstance was different, I know first hand what it feels like to lose a baby and find him hours after he went to heaven. And I know how many thousands of times you will think "what if I'd done it differently?" But it won't bring Brayden back. You will see him in heaven, just as I will see my little boy. The road between now and then is long and bumpy. I hope and pray with all my heart that your family, friends, and community can offer you enough support to go on and some day lead a semi-normal life again.
Another Mom

Rochester, NY

#2 Aug 8, 2007
I sympathize with the family and this is a difficult situation - the family will have to live with the mother's lack of responsibility the rest of their lives...but "forgetting" and "unintentional" are not legitimate excuses.....If i were to be pulled over for speeding, i can claim it wasnt intentional, i didnt see the speed limit sign, i didnt realize i was going that fast, etc....doesnt matter - still guilty of speeding.....

Mrs Brol was not acting responsibly - if she was preocupied to the point where she "forgot" to drop off her son at daycare, then there are some serious issues that need to be addressed. I work full time, have 3 children and there is not one minute that i dont know where my kids are. If i am not responsible enough to be aware of that - then who is?
just another mom

Salamanca, NY

#3 Aug 8, 2007
I do not understand how you think yourself above
GOD and all others to feel you have the right to judge someone else. As a mom of six children (2 of my own) I do not believe for a minute that you can honestly say that you know exactly what all of your children are doing every second of the day. Although I too cannot understand how this could happen, I assure you that Mrs. Brol is asking herself the same questions over and over. Although this may seem careless and irresponsible to you, I believe that this truly was a terrible ACCIDENT and if you knew her you would know that she loves her children very much and this was not intentional. No one has the right to judge someone else for something they know nothing about. You presume to think that you have the right to condemn another mother for a horrible, horrible mistake she made in one day of her life. I can assure you that there will never be a day she will not look back and question how this could have happened and you may be sure there will be no stronger judge than herself.

“I LUV GOD”

Since: Jul 07

buffalo, ny

#4 Aug 13, 2007
dear just another mom:

i am not trying to "demean" the mother, but try being detained at a clinic for nearly nine hours with two toddlers (never been accused of any type of neglect or abuse) and then fight cps for 12 long years to get your children back (to no avail; all the while still never being charged with anything)because your parental rights was unjustifiedly terminated (and i'm not the only one this has happeded to)and then you have something like this happen and the mom is not held accountable for her actions; so what do you say to us (hundreds or thousands of parents) who have been falsesly accused and unfairly "convicted" of "abusing" or "neglecting" our children to the point of losing them to the cps system while this mother gets off "scot-free" because it was ruled as an "tragic accident"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arcade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arcade NY united methodist church May '17 Truth Teller 1
building inspecters (Feb '17) Feb '17 concerned 1
News Portville Man Receives 20-Year Sentence For Ass... (Sep '14) Jan '17 susan 6
News Police: Dispute over snow removal ends with tir... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Abrahammock Relig... 7
News Olean Man Given Five Years Of Probation For Dru... (Aug '14) Jun '15 Claire Voyance 4
News Fabulous Finds Opens In Massena (Sep '11) Dec '14 seaway ambo 49
Marcos Pizza and Subs (Jul '11) Oct '14 DSo 3

Arcade Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arcade Mortgages