Western NY baby dies after mom leaves him in car all day -

Full story: Newsday

A 5-month-old western New York boy is dead after his mother left him in her car all day when she forgot to drop him off at day care.

Comments (Page 11)

Showing posts 201 - 215 of215
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Simber

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

I am not an unsympathetic person at all but I'm sorry, I do not agree that this woman is not punished by the law in any way whatsoever. I was reading up on similar cases to this one and one punishment that was administered to a father was that he would have to go to jail one day a year for seven years and hold a blood drive in memory of his daughter that died because he forgot her in the car. Now THAT is a reasonable punishment! in ADDITION to her "punishing herself!"
Nikki B

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

OH MY GOD!!!!! Do you even hear yourself....Now people like me are to blam. You are right we should all be vengeful and out for blood. Lets start putting every one in jail for evry mistake, who gives a fuck if it was the most horrific horrafiying inncedent of thier life, who gives a fuck right, as long as we can give ourselvs a pat on the back and say justice was served. Then we can all move on with our perfect little lives. Justice will never be served. That boy is dead, he is not comming back, no matter what punishment is dished out! Why should his family and friends have to suffer further. People who know this family are standing by her, but people who don't, want to see her put to death it seems....
Nikki B

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

To Simber,
I agree that that would be a reasonable punishment, if one was going to be served. It seems others want her to have the same punishment as someone who DECIDES to kill thier child. The fact is none of us have a say in what happens to her. My hope is that she gets support from the people who matter to her. I only came on here to remind people to have compassion for what was a tragic mistake, clearly it just isn't going to happen. So I am going to stop posting comments and will contiue to keep the family in my prayers.
I also pray that nothing like this happens to anyone ever again..
Simber

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

If this happened to be a member of my own family or a very close friend of mine, I would STILL think they should be punished for their negligence! By not giving this person a punishment for being STUPID and absent minded when it comes to the welfare of her child, that is like telling other parents that it's ok to use that same stupid excuse (true or not) in the future. Why should one person get off and not another? Justice needs to be served!!!!!
no way

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

Nikki B wrote:
To Simber,
I agree that that would be a reasonable punishment, if one was going to be served. It seems others want her to have the same punishment as someone who DECIDES to kill thier child. The fact is none of us have a say in what happens to her. My hope is that she gets support from the people who matter to her. I only came on here to remind people to have compassion for what was a tragic mistake, clearly it just isn't going to happen. So I am going to stop posting comments and will contiue to keep the family in my prayers.
I also pray that nothing like this happens to anyone ever again..
IT WASN'T A FRIGGIN' MISTAKE!!! DON'T YOU GET THAT, YET? I DON'T NEED YOU TO REMIND ME OF ANYTHING AT ALL!!
Ugh

Jericho, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

Nikki B wrote:
OH MY GOD!!!!! Do you even hear yourself....Now people like me are to blam. You are right we should all be vengeful and out for blood. Lets start putting every one in jail for evry mistake, who gives a fuck if it was the most horrific horrafiying inncedent of thier life, who gives a fuck right, as long as we can give ourselvs a pat on the back and say justice was served. Then we can all move on with our perfect little lives. Justice will never be served. That boy is dead, he is not comming back, no matter what punishment is dished out! Why should his family and friends have to suffer further. People who know this family are standing by her, but people who don't, want to see her put to death it seems....
Why do you insist that one must be a "perfect" parent not to kill their child? So, let me get this straight, by your standard if someone feels badly about unintentionally killing someone, they should not be held criminally responsible. Is that what you are saying? Because there are plenty of people in jail right now for unintentionally causing the death of another person. Among those people I'm sure there are many that truly feel guilt and remorse for the pain and suffering their carelessness or neglience has caused for their victim's families. So, these people should be let out of jail? We live in a society that has laws, and if we do not abide by them, we face the consequences. When a criminal case is tried, it is not
the victim vs. defendant. It is "the people" vs. the defendant. Some of us "people" believe that parents that cause the death of child through negligience should be held accountable. If more negligient parents were charged in the deaths of their children, then maybe, just maybe other parents wouldn't cook their children to death, or burn them in their beds, or run them over, or let them wander neighborhoods until they are found floating in a pool up the block.
Tell me this, if your child is left on a school bus to suffer and die the way this child was, and the driver felt really bad about it, would you leave it at that? Would you say, well it wasn't intentional and he/she feels badly that they did it, so that's ok because they will live with that? If you say yes, then you are a liar. If a bus driver did this, not only would there be criminal charges (as there should be), there would be civil suits against the driver, the school, the bus company, the bus manufacturer, the land owner where the bus was parked, anyone that walked by the bus...etc etc. People would be outraged, there would be a cry for justice. Why shouldn't there be justice because this woman killed her own child? Shouldn't she be held to a higher standard than a minimum wage bus driver for the care of her child? You know, it would probably even help the woman heal if she had to pay a price to society (not that I give a crap about her).
Sad

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

no way wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no question that this was criminal behavior-none. You should go back and read the posts about this woman's previous brushes with the law. Nice woman, my a$$.
I am in full agreement. She is supposed to be an accountant or something along those lines? Well she has not one, not two, but THREE convictions for drunk driving and she left him in the car for NINE hours.

Maybe she needs to re-learn math.
Bluegrass

Dickson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Family wrote:
It's amazing to me that everyone is so willing to judge a woman they've never met, and to go so far as to disbelieve those who DO know her.
This was an accident. She didn't forget that she had a child, she forgot to drop him off at daycare. She loved him dearly, and is inconsolable that this happened.

I certainly hope that no harm ever comes to any of your children that is your fault--and that you'll get more support than your capable of offering to Lynn.
I just can't offer support to a mother who could leave her child for that many hours in a car that hot. I don't know what is wrong with parents who do this. Too much stress in their lives that they could put a baby who is totally dependant on them for survival and just forget about them? That baby cooked to death. I don't feel the mother should serve time, but I think she does need therapy of some kind.
doris robertson

Roseburg, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2007

i think the mom should be held reponsible for leaveing her child in a car all day long and she should be punished the full extent of the law. even though she will haft to live for her actions for the rest of her life.
vilzvet

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2007

http://www.newhouse.com/babys-death,-moms-fat...
>
Here is an update link to this sad story.
how awful

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2007

June wrote:
Do not be judgemental.
We all have best intentions and sometimes fall short.
This is a tragic accident!
Bull...I don;t buy it. Maybe the people that cannot remember they have children should not be allowed to procreate? It is not an accident in my book, it is selfishness of the parent. How dare they forget they have a baby in the car.
dont worry

Cliffside Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2007

but how can you leave your child in the car her sentence should be living her in a car for 2 days and if she is still alive which i doubt put her in jail for the rest of her life!!!

“veritas aeqitas”

Since: Apr 09

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

a person that could do that to your child should be tortured in the worst way possible. i say bring back capitol punishment for people that would purposefully and willfully harm a child.
jomarie

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

when your young trying to hold down a job raise a kid and pay child care expenses you tend to cut corners make diapers water down formula and yes even leave your kid in the car while your at work she isnt the first to have a lack of judgement a freind of mine in denver let her 8 year old spend the night at a friends the mom took the kids out in the cold to look for her husband who was cheating and at a party she left the car running with the heater on confronted her husband 25 min later went to the car and both boys were dead from carbon monoxide poision acciedents do happen i do not feel this was one of them but rather a stupid choice kids first job second
Get over yourselves

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

Small-mindedness seems to be more prevalent in the southern tier, but either way I don't get how people can be so heartless as they feel that they have the right to voice their uneducated opinion and pass judgement on someone they don't even know. I don't know what happened after, but I hope you have moved on with your life. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 215 of215
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Arcade Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Arcade People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance