3 teens die as truck runs off road in Carroll County

Sep 2, 2007 Full story: Roanoke Times 18

“This is what we like to try to prevent.”

Three teenage girls were dead and three others hospitalized after a single-vehicle accident Sunday in Carroll County, Virginia State Police reported. via Roanoke Times

Full Story
unknown

Greenwood, SC

#1 Sep 3, 2007
I am sorry for the lose of the teens but when I got the news of ashley my heart was riped out so Mr and Mrs Lenord and Young Andra I hope you find some relef
MADDMomma

Auburn Hills, MI

#2 Sep 5, 2007
It must hurt the Leonards ever worse to know it was their daughter Adrian Leonard driving, who killed her sister!
unknown

United States

#3 Sep 5, 2007
Living in Carroll County and seeing what this has done to the community, and to all who knew the girls who were killed, I hope that Ms. leonard realizes exactly what she has done and the impact this will have on the families and friends of the young lives she took. I also hope that she will find peace with herself having to live with the fact that she was acting illegally and in return committed three counts of vehicular manslaughter.
JR Mayes

Kingsport, TN

#4 Sep 8, 2007
These people that have left comments don't realize the pain that both Adrian and her mom must be in. I can't believe that you guys want to get on here and point fingers and throw slurs at this family in their time of sorrow. You are the sad ones. My dad grew up in Carroll County and knew these girls parents and grand parents. They weren't bad kids. They just made a mistake. If you don't think you've made mistakes, you're a liar. Look at what you just did. You pointed fingers and that could cause more problems for this family. I WAS A TEENAGER ONCE. I MADE MISTAKES! Just like these girls, I have to live with them for the rest of my life
JR Mayes

Kingsport, TN

#5 Sep 8, 2007
I am not from Saint Louis, I am from Boonville, North Carolina and if anyone would like to talk to me on this subject, I am free to talk. My e-mail address is thadjmayes@yahoo.com
ksm

Christiansburg, VA

#6 Sep 10, 2007
I think you people need to get a grip Accidents happen it could have easily been any one of us that ran into a vehicle or something no one does these things on purpose she will have a hard enough time dealing with this for the rest of her life without you adding to the pain.As teenagers and parents of teenagers there is no point in your life that you can look back and say you wish you had not of done something or let your kid do something you weren't to sure about.
isaiah thompson

Knoxville, TN

#7 May 19, 2008
none of ya'll relieze the pain of knowing three girls that died i live here knew all of them and dont post shit about andria that girl is goin threw enough so leave her alone she feels bad enough as it is
DAVE

Summerville, SC

#8 Jun 30, 2008
MADDMomma wrote:
It must hurt the Leonards ever worse to know it was their daughter Adrian Leonard driving, who killed her sister!
U woman are a FRIGGIN IDIOT for making that kind of remark..YOU DUMBASS...DAVE
elkcreek

Lake Mary, FL

#9 Jul 13, 2008
They are, all of them, loved so much. May they all find Peace.
karen

Clemmons, NC

#10 Aug 26, 2008
i think it was definitly a mistake and her punishment will be haven to live with it but i still cant help but wonder w h y she was n o t punished by law if it would of been someone who hit them they would be in jail today and she is still young she will make more mistakes will there be more that takes annother life before she will have to do more than just live with it she will be punished by law
dawn

Clemmons, NC

#11 Aug 26, 2008
everyone keeps calling this a mistake a mistake is spilling milk and you can wipe it up or saying something wrong you can apologize i and so so so many people do nnot consider killing someone a mistake its called m u r d e r and you cant wipe it up or take it back and how is she going to except what she done was wrong if everyone keeps patting her on the back and cosouling her telling her oh its ok it was just a mistake come on people
Emily

Floyd, VA

#12 Nov 6, 2008
dawn wrote:
everyone keeps calling this a mistake a mistake is spilling milk and you can wipe it up or saying something wrong you can apologize i and so so so many people do nnot consider killing someone a mistake its called m u r d e r and you cant wipe it up or take it back and how is she going to except what she done was wrong if everyone keeps patting her on the back and cosouling her telling her oh its ok it was just a mistake come on people
Okay for one... this was an ACCIDENT!!!!!! A HUGE ACCIDENT!!!! and you know what! you have no idea what that was like!!! watching your friends cry for weeks!! we were all so upset! you dont even know half of it! They were our friends, and they died!!! how in the world would that make you feel!?! Do you think that if it was someone that you knew personally and they died... and the person who was driving or was with them at the time lived, do you think you'd hold it against them and put them down about it for the rest of their lives??? Would you call them murderers?? This actually really hurts me that anyone would say something like this... it hurts me and a bunch of other students at carroll county who read this... Andria is not a murderer... she's not... she never will be... God obviously had a bigger plan for Ashley... and yea we cant take it back but there are things that people do every day, that we call accidents that they cant take back either... dont call her a murderer because she isnt.. and dont say that it wasnt an accident if you dont know.. I'm not trying to sound extremely rude, but that really hurts I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion sure you can say what you feel but your words cut like knives.... Murder is when someone kills others purposly because they think that they have a reason to.. an accident is where something happens unexpectedly and in this case, three people died and it was an accident, it was not planned out or anything.. so murder is not the word... an accident it definately was...
Emily

Floyd, VA

#13 Nov 6, 2008
isaiah thompson wrote:
none of ya'll relieze the pain of knowing three girls that died i live here knew all of them and dont post shit about andria that girl is goin threw enough so leave her alone she feels bad enough as it is
GO ISAIAH!!!!
Jackson Holt

Floyd, VA

#14 Nov 6, 2008
how do you know it was called murder?? were you there?? No you werent!!! She already has to live with the accident every day of her life that is enough punishment for anyone in this world she lost her sister and her friends that day... And the next day she was found at the scene of the accident in ball crying her eyes out if that's not enough punishment... what is?? She's already hurting from the time that she wakes up untill the time that she goes to bed everyone who keeps talking all this crap needs to shut up cause she already knows that she messed up she doesn't need everyone else reminding her of that day. Everyone needs to stop and think about how she's feeling and stop thinking about themselves because I've only heard her name a couple times and I already know that she's feeling like crap from that day
Bucky

Mableton, GA

#15 Nov 28, 2008
I think it could be construed as murder... This happened a year ago. One kid is in a coma, another in a mental hospital. The driver didn't have a license, knew she shouldn't drive, so I would defiantly say it was a murder, even if it was an "accident".
DAVE

Summerville, SC

#16 Nov 28, 2008
Jackson Holt wrote:
how do you know it was called murder?? were you there?? No you werent!!! She already has to live with the accident every day of her life that is enough punishment for anyone in this world she lost her sister and her friends that day... And the next day she was found at the scene of the accident in ball crying her eyes out if that's not enough punishment... what is?? She's already hurting from the time that she wakes up untill the time that she goes to bed everyone who keeps talking all this crap needs to shut up cause she already knows that she messed up she doesn't need everyone else reminding her of that day. Everyone needs to stop and think about how she's feeling and stop thinking about themselves because I've only heard her name a couple times and I already know that she's feeling like crap from that day
as she should..people do stupid things in life and i,m sure she didn,t mean for people to die...dave
Bucky

Mableton, GA

#17 Nov 29, 2008
But there are consequences for the stupid things we do in life. When three kids are killed, and you drove the car without a license, then who should be punished?

Now, I don't think the young lady should be, or should have been, given the death penalty, or given life in jail, but I believe she should do some time.
pissed

Galax, VA

#18 Nov 15, 2012
to dawn and bucky. You two need to get a clue. What if it was you that did this? Would you want people to say that you are a murderer? I dont think so. It was a terrible accident that I do agree she needs to be punished for but not because it was murder but because she did not have a license and they all knew what they were doing. She did not force anyone to go with her. This is terrible what happened but we cant change it. So think before you open your dumbass mouths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ararat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mechanic garage Dec 10 Ben Dover 2
Review: Quality Sealcoat Pavement Sealing Nov 21 Good luck 2
what kind of woman is she? Nov 21 irritated 1
Concrete Yard Statue Dealer (Apr '13) Oct '14 Jerry Boggs 8
Nudes Oct '14 Anonymous 1
Nathan edmonds? Oct '14 Angel 2
a oeTo Catch the Allensa set for weekend perfor... Sep '14 anjaniamt 1
Ararat Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web