Little bird rides on back of hawk

There are 4 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Oct 1, 2009, titled Little bird rides on back of hawk. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

A little guy takes on a big guy in a daring wild ride. Pat Gaines snapped an amazing photo while bird-watching near the Colorado- Kansas border this summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

yourclassicSFbir der

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jan 4, 2010
Look through the WEKIs, you might get a CAKI
york

Rochester, NY

#3 Jan 30, 2010
I saw a small bird taking a similar ride on the back of a red tail hawk this past summer in central New York. I didn't have a camera at the time to capture the moment. Great photo.
Lawrence Jones

Denver, CO

#4 May 31, 2012
I to have seen a small bird try to ride the back of a hawk here in Thorton Co in May. As I was driving I could not stop see if it did ride. At the time I did not know that they would do that and now I know what it was trying to do .
Ray ONeal

Clayton, IN

#5 Jul 16, 2014
While playing golf I saw a small sparrow sitting on the back of a red tail hawk and there was another small sparrow flying just above the hawk. The birds were about 15' high & 30' away. Amazing!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arapahoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wondering (Sep '14) Dec '14 pat 5
tim albertson Dec '14 michelle 1
omg Dec '14 joe 1
my son (Aug '14) Aug '14 Rosa 1
News Taylor Swift surprises sick children with... Co... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Taylor Swift 1
Prairie dog hunting? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Steve 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Colorado (... (Oct '10) Nov '10 just another guy 56
More from around the web

Arapahoe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]